The 2nd Official GV Geezers Club

• Please log in to reply
189 replies to this topic

#16 MELLY

MELLY

Loves Firemen!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts
  • Interests:Reading, gardening, my daughters and grandchildren, travel. I collect dolls, first edition signed novels, and love architectual salvage!

Posted 01 March 2005 - 02:27 PM

I am astounded that a rubberband on a wrist equates to suspension...man..I remember trying to get suspended in high school - honestly - doing crazy stuff and getting by with it. However one time while I was in the Principal's offfice he was banging his fist on his desk for emphasis - and broke it. . . .that was funny.
Religious people fear going to hell. Spiritual people have already been there.

#17 Noelle1966

Noelle1966

Uses WD-40 for evil purposes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Interests:Animals, ice skating, pets, animal issues, historical societies, travelling, and of course - ghost hunting.

Posted 01 March 2005 - 02:32 PM

No way! I'm sure that principal really remembers you, Melly! B)
The reason that a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail and not his tongue.Do unto others, then run.Life's messy. Clean it up.

#18 MELLY

MELLY

Loves Firemen!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts
  • Interests:Reading, gardening, my daughters and grandchildren, travel. I collect dolls, first edition signed novels, and love architectual salvage!

Posted 01 March 2005 - 03:08 PM

Calling all female Geezers - Midlife Info

Midlife is when the growth of the hair on our legs slows down.This gives us plenty of time to care for our newly acquired mustache.

Midlife women no longer have upper arms; we have wingspans. We are no longer women in sleeveless shirts; we are flying squirrels in drag.

Midlife has hit when you stand naked in front of the mirror and can see your rear end without turning around.

Midlife is when you bounce (a lot), but you don't bounce back. It's more like splat!

Midlife is when you want to grab every firm young lovely in a tube top and scream, "Listen, honey, even the Roman Empire fell, and those things will too!"

Midlife is when you go to the doctor and you realize you are now so old that you have to pay someone to look at you naked.

You know you are getting old when you go for a mammogram and know it is the only time someone will ask you to appear topless in a film.

Midlife brings the wisdom that "life throws you curves" and that you're now sitting on your biggest ones.

The good news about midlife is the glass is still half-full. Of course, the bad news is that it won't be long before your teeth are floating in it.

Midlife is when your 1970's Body-by-Jake now includes Legs-by-Rand McNally (more red and blue lines than an accurately scaled map of the state of Wisconsin).

Midlife is when you start to repeat yourself and your chins follow suit.

You become more reflective in midlife. You start pondering the "big" questions: what is life, why am I here and how much Healthy Choice ice cream can I eat before it's no longer a healthy choice.

#19 Noelle1966

Noelle1966

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Interests:Animals, ice skating, pets, animal issues, historical societies, travelling, and of course - ghost hunting.

Posted 01 March 2005 - 03:16 PM

Melly - you are such a funny girl!! :D
The reason that a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail and not his tongue.Do unto others, then run.Life's messy. Clean it up.

#20 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 10:49 AM

Those are good ones Melly! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sad but true!

Brady Bunch update: Last night Marsha got her driver's license, after failing the test the first time around.

;) :) :D :weeee: :weeee:
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#21 MELLY

MELLY

Loves Firemen!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 11:22 AM

My hair looks like Carol Bradys' today, trying to grow it out, thinking of wacking it off. Got an appointment on Friday - time to hide the gray skunk stripe down the top of my head.
Posted Image ok...maybe not quite this bad

Such a dilemna...keept it or cut it? What to do...

#22 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 12:27 PM

Being the 'hellian' in my class my high school principal brought me into his office and literally tried to get to TO DROP OUT OF SCHOOL. I saw him a few years later while in college while I was studying for a degree in Accounting. He glared at me the whole time my mother was speaking to his wife. WIth pure hate. I used to have daydreams of flying for the airlines and having him come on board and smiling at his pathetic BAD_WORD. I still can't seem to forgive him for intentionally trying to undermine my future. And no guys, he wasn't using reverse psychology. He was simply out to enjoy my demise.
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

#23 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 12:27 PM

Sorry for using this as a 'Drop Zone'!

#24 Noelle1966

Noelle1966

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 12:29 PM

Ok, Hawker - I am curious. What did you used to do in school?

#25 MELLY

MELLY

Loves Firemen!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 03:18 PM

Some people should not be in education. My oldest daughter's high school principal had the nerve to tell her class, that the students were not of college bound quality. He was gone by the end of that year, and 87% of her class did go to college - the highest ever in the school district.

#26 Noelle1966

Noelle1966

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 04:09 PM

What kind of guy was that? Discouraging the kids like that!

#27 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 07:12 PM

Noelle- I was the kid who had all the connections to get the kegs on the weekends. Looking back now I know several things. I was terribly depressed, the result of absolutely dyfunctional family. I lived with my horribly abusive Mother who was tired of being a mother. Some how, by the grace of God, I was a survivor and fighter. I guess that BAD_WORD-munch was of the survival of the fittest doctrine and I was horribly weak.

Allright! Enough of this not funny stuff!

Where's that Geezer goblet?!?!? Oh! There it is! In my hand! HAHAHAHA!

#28 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 07:26 PM

Passes the geezer goblet filled with fresh wine and gives Hawkie a big hug {{{{Hawkie}}}}}

You'll feel better, Hawkie, with a good buzz on...here, drink some more!

And Melly, the Carol Bradey look is, uh, a little outdated, try a more contemporary hair stylist!

;) :P :weeee: :weeee: :weeee:
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#29 MELLY

MELLY

Loves Firemen!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 10:18 AM

Bridget - my stylist is good it's the growing out the hair that is driving me insane, and geezer hair tends to become thinner, you know? Maybe I should just chop it - summer's nearly here.

hawkerdriver I can really relate to what your saying. As kids we always said we put the Funk in Dysfunctional Family. I was 3rd in a family of 8 kids - how about you?

#30 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 10:35 AM

Baby of seven. I was a major accident. 15 years between me and the first born and 8 between me and the 6th born. My parent's marriage was already on the rocks and then I showed up. I was NOT a bundle of joy from heaven, believer me!

I keep waiting for the 'shag' hair style to show back up, everything else has! Isn't amazing what we can do to our hair??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users