The 2nd Official GV Geezers Club

• Please log in to reply
189 replies to this topic

#31 Noelle1966

Noelle1966

Uses WD-40 for evil purposes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Interests:Animals, ice skating, pets, animal issues, historical societies, travelling, and of course - ghost hunting.

Posted 03 March 2005 - 02:21 PM

When I was a little girl my Mom had my hair so short that people thought I was a boy! That really affected me so now my hair is down to my waist!

Does anybody remember "the pixie" and "the Dutchboy" haircuts? I asked my Mom why she cut my hair so short and she said that it was the style. Well, maybe for Twiggy, but not for me! My sister looked just plain goofy with that Dutchboy!
The reason that a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail and not his tongue.Do unto others, then run.Life's messy. Clean it up.

#32 MELLY

MELLY

Loves Firemen!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts
  • Interests:Reading, gardening, my daughters and grandchildren, travel. I collect dolls, first edition signed novels, and love architectual salvage!

Posted 03 March 2005 - 02:41 PM

Oh yes...that pixie haircut...I always had one..only me! I had three sisters who were not forced to have a pixie. It was that darn red hair and freckles that made my Mom think I would look so cute with a pixie.

Course the pixie was better without the Toni perm my mom gave me...
Religious people fear going to hell. Spiritual people have already been there.

#33 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 03:58 PM

Oh yeah! The pixie and the dutch boy. I always had long hair when i was little, ponytails and braids were the thing for me. But those terrible matts I usedto get in my hair from wearing those parkas with the nasty fake fur hoods, ugh! I would have matts so bad I would have to cut them out.

The best thing we had for our hair was Breck creme rinse. And Breck also had a detangler. But they didn't work too great!

I'm sure your hairstylist is good Melly :D Just keep getting it trimmed just a little bit regularly so the ends stay healthy!

:weeee: :weeee: :weeee: :weeee:
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#34 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 05:52 PM

my grandmother always used Breck on our hair the shampoo and cream rinse

Hawker, we were dysfunctional before it was cool that's all *hugs*
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#35 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 03 March 2005 - 05:57 PM

With boys, the "in" haircut was the butch cut then when I was in high school I grew it down to the middle of my back. It was almost to my beltline at one time.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#36 Noelle1966

Noelle1966

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Interests:Animals, ice skating, pets, animal issues, historical societies, travelling, and of course - ghost hunting.

Posted 04 March 2005 - 09:47 AM

My hair is to my waist now. I have worn it that way for over twenty years. I am rebelling against the pixie cut. Some girls can look so good with short hair, but I am not one of them.
The reason that a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail and not his tongue.Do unto others, then run.Life's messy. Clean it up.

#37 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 04 March 2005 - 04:24 PM

Brill Cream, a lil dab will do ya.
Brill Cream, you'll be so debonair.

Brill Cream, the girls will all pursue you.
And they'll love to get their fingers in your hair.

Good God! No wonder I can't remember anything! My brain is all filled up with this cr*p! LoL

Remember their commercial where a lit match was snuffed out in Brill Cream just to show that it wasn't greasy.

Course you can snuff out a lit match in gasoline too, if your quick enough. :wub:
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#38 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 04:45 PM

Orbie, your brain is filled with Brill cream? Ohhhhh, I see now......

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#39 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 04 March 2005 - 11:44 PM

*sticks a lit match in his ear and sees with great satisfaction that the flame was snuffed out*

Hmmm....could be.. :)
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#40 Noelle1966

Noelle1966

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 03:22 PM

You know, Orb - a match can be put out in gasoline because it is the actual gasoline fumes that are flammable. However, I would not want to be the person participating in that science experiment. :ph34r:

#41 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 03:42 PM

Geez! I was wondering where all the geezers had gone!

I was just thinking this morning about things we used to do when we were kids that we don't do anymore as adults.

Like:

Pick a dandelion and make a wish and blow the seeds all over (would NEVER do that now, LOL).

Pick buttercups and hold them under our chins to see the reflection.

Catch fireflys and put them in jars.

Pick flowers from the neighbor's garden to give to our moms.

Sit in the car in the backseat on the way home at night and look up into the stars.

Roll down a hill and make yourself dizzy.

Oh, the simple pleasures of being a child.

:lol: :weeee: :weeee: :weeee: :weeee:

#42 Noelle1966

Noelle1966

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 03:56 PM

I remember especially the buttercup flower. If you held them under your chin and your chin turned yellow - that meant that you liked butter.

#43 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 03:59 PM

HAHA! Yeah, that's it Noelle! I knew there was some significance if you could see the yellow, but I couldn't remember what it was!

As far as rolling down hills and getting dizzy, I think it had a long term affect on me as you can tell from my Bridgicons!

:lol: :weeee: :weeee: :weeee: :weeee: :lol: :lol: :weeee:

#44 Noelle1966

Noelle1966

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 04:12 PM

Sadly, I moved to Florida at age five. No more steep hills. No more fireflies. However, we do have dragonflies and they are fun!

#45 Noelle1966

Noelle1966

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 04:14 PM

Funny story, Bridget - when I was a little girl in New York, there was a man who lived across the street from me who was always mowing down his dandelions. In the summer, they grew right back. Then he would get out and mow down those dandelions again. It was a vicious cycle. It was fun to watch as a child.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users