Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

The death penalty

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

Poll: Should the death penalty be abolished?

Should the death penalty be abolished?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 bathory313

So SCARED she peed down her own leg!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts
  • Interests:movies, music, mysteries of the world, poetry, art, ghosts, evp, ghost photos, psychics and mediumship, esp, telepathy, psychic photography, guardian spirits, doing something good for others

Posted 06 October 2005 - 12:49 PM

Good thinking on the comparison thing, Vampchick21.  Do Canadian prisons have as many amentities as US prisons do?  Oftentimes, a US prisoner has a better life "in" than "out", and some actually commit crimes soon after their release because they cannot cope with outside life, and find prison easier!

Well, I've never been in prision, so I can only hazard a guess. :Spaz: But I would say we are on par with US prisions as far as I know.

didn't meant THAT Vampchick21 LOL :angry:
Posted Image

#122 Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 06 October 2005 - 01:18 PM

Hmmmmm....Stats Canada just released the figures for 2004 for Canadian Homicide rates (that would be a crime that if the death penalty were in effect up here, would call for it), and I peeked at FedStat, the US Statistics centre, although still looking for something similar.

Anyway, for those looking to pull comparisons for the purpose of research on this subject, here's the two links.

Fed Stat

Stats Can 2004 Homicide rates

Krafted with luv

by monsters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users