• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 blondiegrl149

blondiegrl149

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 August 2003 - 09:12 AM

Hey everybody.  I was just wondering if any of you out there read paranormal books as kids.  I remember getting books from Scholastic Book Orders in grade school, and still have some of those paranormal books now.  

These are the books I read as a child:
Ghosts! - Alvin Schwartz
In A Dark, Dark Room - Alvin Schwartz
13 Ghosts: Strange But True Stories - Will Osborne
Still More Tales For the Midnight Hour: 13 Stories of Horror - J. B. Stamper
Tales From the Shadows - Devra Newberger Speregen
Great Ghosts - Daniel Cohen
Ghost Train to Nowhere - Phil Roxbee Cox

Has anybody heard of any of these?
"I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now? Reality leaves a lot to the imagination"

#2 psychicdreamer

psychicdreamer

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 30 August 2003 - 09:25 AM

I used to read anything and everything by R.L. Stine.  I remember in 6th grade he came to my school to talk to us about his books and such.  I missed getting his autography cuz of all the kids, so my dad was nice and took me to this bookstore where he bought me 3 of his books and we waited in line for like, 3 or 4 hours to get his autograph.  It was well worth the wait though.  I got my "The Mask" signed (from the Goosebumps series).  

I also read (and own) all of the "Haunted Ohio" books by Chris Woodyard.  It's pretty cool cuz one of the places my mom used to work at near Cleveland was in the fourth book, Rider's 1812 Inn.  I've been there and it's pretty cool.

Oh yeah, and the "Scary Stories" books (who wrote them again?  I think Alvin Schwartz, but don't hold me to that).  Those books were the shiznit!!!

LOL, I have also been reading Stephen King and Dean Koontz since middle school.
Confucious say: Man who walk sideways in airport turnstile is going to Bangkok.Men are like parking spaces; all the good ones are taken and the rest are handicapped.

#3 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 31 August 2003 - 04:33 AM

The first book I read, and bought, was Haunted House.  It was a Scholastic book and its currently floating around my house somewhere...
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#4 DWArmstrong

DWArmstrong

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 August 2003 - 07:41 AM

One of my favorites was "The Thing at the Foot of the Bed and Other Scary Stories" by Maria Leach.  That one will always hold a special place in my heart.   ;)

Another one by that author was "13 Ghostly Tales".  Another classic...

#5 strigoi

strigoi

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 September 2003 - 03:44 AM

In A Dark, Dark Room

THANK YOU! I've been trying to think of the name of that book forever. i remmber staying up reading that book then hiding under the sheets all night haha.

Still More Tales For the Midnight Hour: 13 Stories of Horror , i read that one too.  I'll have to go out to my book collection and see if i can't dig up any of these old books, i want to read them again ;D

#6 strigoi

strigoi

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 September 2003 - 08:34 AM

some of them i still have are

haunted kids - nash and zullo
ghosts, hauntings and mysterious happenings - phyllis emert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users