My first full body apparition

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Libramoon

Libramoon

Birthday Party Streak er

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy all things paranormal. I often go to haunted locations to take pictures and EVP's. I also live in an active location and have taken many pictures and EVP's in my home.<br /> I love to read just about anything and I hope one day to become a writter of both fiction and paranormal non-fiction. <br /> Our world is still a very mysterious place. We haven't even scratched the surface!

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:13 AM

I've been ghost hunting now for a little over 4 years. Since I am usually going by myself,I always go
during the day time. I've gotten so many photos showing everything from shadow people, hooded figures, soldiers, children, and even a vortex, but I've never actually seen anything worth mention with my own eyes until last month, and it happend at my dad's house next door to me.
I know that both my home and my dad's is haunted.I've gotten photos and EVP's of alot of people.
One little girl,Samantha, is very talkative. I can hear her and the others with my own ears, but mostly through EVP. I had never asked her what she looks like, but I had her pictured as being around 6 or 7 because she talks so well. I pictured her being in an old fashioned dress,only because it seemed to be what a ghost girl would look like. But I was wrong.
One night last month,my family and I had stayed the night at my dad's house while he was out of town. I was asleep in his room on his bed, facing the door. It was dark except for a small night light
next to the door. My 5 year old son came into the room and the flood of light hitting me in the eyes woke me up. Standing in the doorway I saw my son and a little girl in light purple footie pj's right next to him. It didn't scare me, but I blinked several times.After about the third blink, she was gone.
I remember that she was not quite solid, she was the same height as my son, and she had short dark brown hair that came to her shoulders.
Since I've gotten the voices of several different little girls, the next day I got my recorder out and asked if anyone wears purple pj's. Right away I heard an older woman say,"Samantha does." followed by,"That's me!"
I've tried to find out more about her. So far all I know about her is that her father is with her.I've asked for her last name several times, but I either get no response, or I can't make out the answer.
I've tried to talk all of them over to the light, but they either say that they don't see it or they believe that they are only having a bad dream. But I'll keep trying.
To himself everyone is immortal; he may know that he is going to die, but he'll never know that he is dead. ~Samuel Butler~

#2 AnnieV

AnnieV

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 01:22 PM

Wow! Congratulations! *jealous*

You think maybe there's something to the fact that people often see ghosts/spirits when they are just about to fall asleep or just waking up? Maybe it's possible that our minds, in some way, are more "open" at those times...?
Posted Image

#3 angrycelt

angrycelt

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:Besides the paranormal, my interests are reading, working out, video gaming (PC...not that console nonsense), and professional interest in my job.

Posted 07 March 2008 - 07:03 PM

Aww...I want to see that too!

Awesome!
"There are two things that cannot be cured: death and the want of sense."old Irish proverb.

#4 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:26 PM

Wow, that is really sad. Do you know anything of the previous owners of the home? Could a family have died who lived there perhaps in a car accident, fire, natural gas or CO2? It's almost like it happened either so suddenly that they don't know they died or while they were sleeping and so they think it's all a nightmare.
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#5 angrycelt

angrycelt

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:Besides the paranormal, my interests are reading, working out, video gaming (PC...not that console nonsense), and professional interest in my job.

Posted 07 March 2008 - 11:54 PM

Wow, that is really sad. Do you know anything of the previous owners of the home? Could a family have died who lived there perhaps in a car accident, fire, natural gas or CO2? It's almost like it happened either so suddenly that they don't know they died or while they were sleeping and so they think it's all a nightmare.

Yikes! After your post, I should change my name to insensitive-celt. :clap: Still, I'd love to see a full body apparition.

Edited by angrycelt, 07 March 2008 - 11:55 PM.

"There are two things that cannot be cured: death and the want of sense."old Irish proverb.

#6 Cynthia_TN

Cynthia_TN

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:Beyond the paranormal, which is obvious, I like to read (mainly paranormal books, bios, true crime, etc..), make graphics and layouts, playing Texas Hold 'Em ( I racked up some dough New Year's Eve! lol), and I enjoy doing a lot of outdoor type things. I come from a drag racing family, so it's always fun to head to the track to watch my family race.

Posted 08 March 2008 - 12:16 AM

Thats amazing, and at the same time very sad. Keep us updated.
Posted Image

#7 Libramoon

Libramoon

Birthday Party Streak er

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy all things paranormal. I often go to haunted locations to take pictures and EVP's. I also live in an active location and have taken many pictures and EVP's in my home.<br /> I love to read just about anything and I hope one day to become a writter of both fiction and paranormal non-fiction. <br /> Our world is still a very mysterious place. We haven't even scratched the surface!

Posted 08 March 2008 - 10:26 AM

Hey guys. My dad and I bought 2 mobile homes that were for sale in a park out in the country. At the time, my mother was very sick and she wanted to live in the country, so we bought these. Sadly,she passed away in July 2003. She loved the mobile home that I live in alot. It was custom made with a beautiful stone fireplace, hardwood floors, and built-in speakers that are in the ceilings.
I just can't part with it.
The land itself could have been a farm at one time. I've asked the man who owns the land,but he doesn't know what was here before the park.

AnnieV, I do believe that our minds are more open during those times. Ever since I was very small, I'd hear voices just as I would fall asleep. I'd always chalk it up to just being tired, but about 8 years ago, it got more and more active. Now I can pretty much hear them at any time, as long as I try to. But when I'm trying to fall asleep, they can get pretty loud,which I hate! The only other person who can hear them is my 5 year old son,and my best friend. I have woke my husband up,asking him if he hears them. He can't. I get so frustrated! :clap: To prove to myself that I wasn't crazy,I got my recorder out and caught what I was hearing on it. The first time I did it, my hubby was very surprised. I guess he thought I was nuts!lol
To himself everyone is immortal; he may know that he is going to die, but he'll never know that he is dead. ~Samuel Butler~

#8 Libramoon

Libramoon

Birthday Party Streak er

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 10:34 AM

I'm trying to find out as much as I can. It is possible that a fire could have killed them. I've asked them how they died, but I either can't make it out, or I get no response. With the pj's that she is wearing, it may not be too hard to find out. I don't know how long those kind of pj's have been around. If I can find out, that would narrow the search.
As for the others, they have been here longer. I've heard them speak about wagons. The town that I live in was settled in the 1830's. I've also heard them talk about planting cotton, but this area is a farming area.
I'll be sure to keep everyone up to date. If anyone knows anything that might help me to learn who they all are, such as how long thoses pj's have been around, please let me know.

#9 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 08 March 2008 - 07:18 PM

If you can put together when the name Samantha was popular with the footie pjs, you may be able to come up with something on this family. I had those pjs in the 70s, and I know they had the onsies during the depression with the drop-bottom, but I don't know if they had the socks attached back then. I'm thinking of the show Bewitched which just keeps putting late 60s early 70s in my head for the little girl and her parents, plus with you describing them as purple, that color would have been popular later in the 20th century.

I'm also feeling a Scottish connection when you mention cotton farming in the 1830s along with Alabama. (or it could be with the little girl who is more modern, I get confused when there are lots of spirits). Not all cotton farmers had slaves even though US History books make it look that way; lots were poor white farmers just trying to eek out a living off the land. Also, early 1800s is when huge numbers of Northern Europeans came to the US to work in the textile industry, but mostly stayed in the northern part of the US. Trying to figure this out logistically as well as "sensitively." Hmmm, very interesting to say the least and I love the mystery of it. Do you have a recording we could hear?

I could be way off, these are just the feelings I get when I read these posts.
Kira
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#10 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 08 March 2008 - 10:12 PM

That's an amazing story. I hope you can find some information on this family and help them.
"Footie p.j.s" might just be my name for them. I remember them from childhood. We lived in the north east. My family was living in what they called a cold-water flat. On the first floor, above the dirt floor basement, our floors were very cold in the winter. We all had "footies" including my Aunt Mary who was living with us as Uncle Bill was off to war. (WW 2)She had footies too!
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#11 Libramoon

Libramoon

Birthday Party Streak er

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 02:50 PM

Thanks Kira and Puti. I didn't think about seeing when in history the name Samantha was popular. It might be easier tracking her down with the combo of the pj's and her name. A friend I spoke to asked if the pj's had the drop bottoms, but since I saw only the front of her,I can't say. The footies looked like they were made attached to the pj's, like what they call,"blanket sleepers," but with it being dark, I couldn't make it out. I only saw her for about 2 seconds.

I just downloaded Audacity and I'm trying to learn it. All I need now is a good mic and the cable to put my recordings on my computer. As soon as I do this, I'll be sure to put the recordings on here. In fact, I'm hoping that some of you can help me with figuring out some of them that are harder to hear.
Another thing I thought about is that even though the pj's looked light purple, she was see-through.That may have made her pj"s look light if they are really dark.

Edited by Libramoon, 09 March 2008 - 02:54 PM.

#12 Gifted

Gifted

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 07:44 PM

How very interesting!

I remember wearing footies in the '60's.

#13 AnnieV

AnnieV

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 10:30 PM

Have you checked the local land records? You've probably already thought of it, but I don't recall reading anything about that in the above posts...could be wrong.

Anyway, good luck with your research! I hope you can find out something that will enable you to help them if they want it!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users