• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lisago

lisago

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Zoology, parapsychology, writing, travelling, photography

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

We had a medium come round last week to expel some spirits from my father in laws house. It is 400 yrs old and we have been having trouble especially in the spare bedroom. My then 2yr old daughter would regularly wake and tell me of the old man in the corner waking her up whilst any male visitors would be shaken awake regularly. Anyway, this medium said a total of 5 spirits were in the house. the old man, a cavalier on the landing warding the old man off, an 8 yr old in my sister in laws room and 2 children downstairs. She also said there were 2 on horseback outside in the garden. What really got me was when she said we have fairies in the garden too. she pointed to an old yew tree and said that is the area she can feel them.
I got to wondering about the significance of the yew. Can anyone shed light?

#2 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:16 PM

Can't read this. Text color is almost the same as the background,
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#3 TheresaRHPS

TheresaRHPS

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:57 AM

Posted so that others can read the text without having to highlight or reply, until the OP or a mod can come back and edit it:

We had a medium come round last week to expel some spirits from my father in laws house. It is 400 yrs old and we have been having trouble especially in the spare bedroom. My then 2yr old daughter would regularly wake and tell me of the old man in the corner waking her up whilst any male visitors would be shaken awake regularly. Anyway, this medium said a total of 5 spirits were in the house. the old man, a cavalier on the landing warding the old man off, an 8 yr old in my sister in laws room and 2 children downstairs. She also said there were 2 on horseback outside in the garden. What really got me was when she said we have fairies in the garden too. she pointed to an old yew tree and said that is the area she can feel them.
I got to wondering about the significance of the yew. Can anyone shed light?

Edited by TheresaRHPS, 17 December 2012 - 11:57 AM.

Huntington Paranormal Investigations and ResearchCheck out my website

#4 TheresaRHPS

TheresaRHPS

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:13 PM

Anyway, a Google search can provide some preliminary insights into the yew tree and possible fae connections. There ARE stories attached to this type of tree, but for the most part, it isn't one of the more favored trees for the fae. Still, the connections with both Druid and Celtic mythology are there to some degree and might provide some answers that fit with what you're looking for.

In any event, I wouldn't necessarily take what this person is saying as gospel, ESPECIALLY if she is charging your family, or is in any other way profiting from her removal services. It's very possible that she could be using the other paranormal incidents as a gateway...a way to get the family's trust, and then claim that these beings must also be removed before the family can find peace in the home. If that would happen, get a second opinion, or even a third and fourth as well.

Still, you do live in an area of the world where the fae for the most part has been an ingrained part of culture. Many do believe that WE are the ones intruding into their territory and instead of them being removed, we must learn to live peacefully along side them, or leave ourselves, lol. Perhaps this medium can share with you a little more of what she is picking up on...such as whether she believes they are okay with the people living there, why they are there, etc.
Huntington Paranormal Investigations and ResearchCheck out my website

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users