Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 02:46 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

MORE HERE:

http://www.jesus-is-..._our_dollar.htm

And if you look closely, you can see an owl hidden near the #1.

Posted Image

#2 Bettie Page

Bettie Page

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:America's favorite pinup girl - Gone but not forgotten . . .

Posted 20 November 2007 - 12:17 PM

Cool! It's almost like something out of "National Treasure."

#3 Shawn333

Shawn333

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 05:26 PM

Also, if you fold it just the right way you can make Washington's head look like a....

Posted Image

MUSHROOM!!!!

#4 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 20 November 2007 - 10:23 PM

Did you read this entire site Biada? 13 is the number of original colonies in the US. This is just proof that you can't trust everything you read on the internet. I'm personally offended by this site and the links posted on it.

Just so everyone knows what I'm talking about, I'm referring to the link provided.

Why are we always getting bombarded with "Jesus this and Jesus that" on Ghostvillage? Is anyone else concerned about this?

Kira

Edited by Kira, 20 November 2007 - 10:25 PM.

The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#5 BellaRose

BellaRose

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • Interests:My SON (the Sunshine of my Life!!!!), Reading,<br />Bellydancing, My Pets, Sharing Information.<br /><br />ROSE &amp; THE TAROT<br />I have been studying the TAROT for 25+ years and have given readings to both the Famous and Non-Famous alike.<br />I have NEVER charged for a reading....<br />I studied extensively with Shekhinah Mountainwater<br />(1939-2007) from 1998 thru 2000. I was ordained as a Priestess in 1999.<br /><br /><br />QUIZILLA<br />CHECK OUT MY QUIZZES, POETRY, &amp; POLLS:<br />http://www.quizilla.com/users/6CentsRose/

Posted 20 November 2007 - 11:53 PM

I have always been fascinated with currency...(not just American)...and the symbols found therein.
Here's a very unusual LINK about American currency:

911 Prophecy, Aleister Crowley, & Origami

#6 peepers

peepers

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 12:11 AM

Did you read this entire site Biada? 13 is the number of original colonies in the US. This is just proof that you can't trust everything you read on the internet. I'm personally offended by this site and the links posted on it.

Just so everyone knows what I'm talking about, I'm referring to the link provided.

Why are we always getting bombarded with "Jesus this and Jesus that" on Ghostvillage? Is anyone else concerned about this?

Kira

IMHO......... I've enjoyed this post very much.............. and I'd like to add that In God We Trust is a statement that symolizes freedom......... it was printed on the money for a good reason..... Religious freedom is the why our country was founded...... the how is this most important phrase, just look around....... that dollar has gone a long way........

Thank you for sharing your findings biada!!!
Yes.... I've gone behind the camera"s"..... as well as recording audio........ Love....Breed peace.....

#7 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 08:29 AM

Can anyone tell me in a nutshell what the Masons are? It'd be like a little background as to why they're symbols are on the greenback.

Whatever

#8 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 21 November 2007 - 11:29 AM

Can anyone tell me in a nutshell what the Masons are? It'd be like a little background as to why they're symbols are on the greenback.

This link will help you: Freemasonry
Posted Image

#9 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 11:32 AM

Although there are indeed some interesting symbols, the problem is that you can manipulate things to make your point. Search long enough for something, and you will convince yourself that you have found it, whether it is actually there or not.

Some of the symbols are obvious. However, the 6 sided star that the pyramid makes does not point at the letters as the person who drew the lines is trying to point out.

If you use thick enough lines, then yes, you can make it point to them, however, if you use thin lines, the right hand edge actually lines up with the U, not the M.

Posted Image

I'm sure that there are other discrepancies as well, if you look hard enough.
Posted Image

#10 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 22 November 2007 - 07:17 PM

Kira

IMHO......... I've enjoyed this post very much.............. and I'd like to add that In God We Trust is a statement that symolizes freedom......... it was printed on the money for a good reason..... Religious freedom is the why our country was founded...... the how is this most important phrase, just look around....... that dollar has gone a long way........

Hi Peepers,
I was referring to the links off the site he posted, not the post itself. The post itself about the symbolism in the dollar bill is very interesting to me, as well as artistic. When you read the site it came from however, the bottom says something like "Jesus Saves" or something to that effect. Then there are other links that talk about Jews being in charge of all the money and other things I found personally offensive being a Jewish woman.

Yes, you are right that the US was founded FOR relgious freedom by the group who came over on the Mayflower in 1620. As a history teacher for the past 8 years, I am more than aware of that. The Georgetown settlers who came in 1607 came only as a money making venture; they wanted gold and were to bring it back to the King. Why the US became its own country was more to do with the citizens rebelling against the taxes put upon them by the English King. Remember the phrase "No taxation without representation?" They wanted the right to elect their own officials that lived in the US, not in England. That's why the colonists declared their independence from England in the Declaration of Independence in 1776. It wasn't until the Bill of Rights was added in 1787 that the First Amendment gave all citizens the right to practice their own religion without interference from the government.

Anyway, I know this is off topic, but no, I'm not against the dollar bill saying "In God We Trust." I just was offended by the links off the link Biada posted as to where he got his info. That's all. And maybe I was being sensitive to the link, not the info about the dollar bill. We cool?

#11 Seeker

Seeker

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 07:51 PM

If you have three glasses of red wine then draw a smiley face on the back of a one dollar bill, the letters rearranged spell my name.
There is nothing left to say.Me

#12 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 08:11 PM

If you have three glasses of red wine then draw a smiley face on the back of a one dollar bill, the letters rearranged spell my name.

Amylew,

You crack me up!!!!!! :hug:

Love,
Kira

#13 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 08:16 PM

Sorry, I meant Jamestown Settlers, not Georgetown. I guess I was thinking about my uncle George while typing.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE! I don't know about anyone else, but today was a tough one for me. I suppose it was because I had to do ALL the cooking and spend all the $1 bills I had!!! LOL

#14 peepers

peepers

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 10:23 PM

Kira

Hi Peepers,
I was referring to the links off the site he posted, not the post itself. The post itself about the symbolism in the dollar bill is very interesting to me, as well as artistic. When you read the site it came from however, the bottom says something like "Jesus Saves" or something to that effect. Then there are other links that talk about Jews being in charge of all the money and other things I found personally offensive being a Jewish woman.

Yes, you are right that the US was founded FOR relgious freedom by the group who came over on the Mayflower in 1620. As a history teacher for the past 8 years, I am more than aware of that. The Georgetown settlers who came in 1607 came only as a money making venture; they wanted gold and were to bring it back to the King. Why the US became its own country was more to do with the citizens rebelling against the taxes put upon them by the English King. Remember the phrase "No taxation without representation?" They wanted the right to elect their own officials that lived in the US, not in England. That's why the colonists declared their independence from England in the Declaration of Independence in 1776. It wasn't until the Bill of Rights was added in 1787 that the First Amendment gave all citizens the right to practice their own religion without interference from the government.

Anyway, I know this is off topic, but no, I'm not against the dollar bill saying "In God We Trust." I just was offended by the links off the link Biada posted as to where he got his info. That's all. And maybe I was being sensitive to the link, not the info about the dollar bill. We cool?

I, too, am offended by the religious bashing, kira....... I didn't have time to read the entire link.... if I had, I would have understood the depth of your post..... but, know that the jist of my post was already formed before I read yours...... so do not take offense.... it was not directed at your frustration.... we cool......... :hug:
Yes.... I've gone behind the camera"s"..... as well as recording audio........ Love....Breed peace.....

#15 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 23 November 2007 - 12:12 AM

Many of our Founding Fathers were Free Masons. Many "Masonic" symbols are actually much older than the Free Masons. For example, the owl is one of the symbols of Diana and Sophia (the Roman and Greek goddesses of wisdom). The All Seeing Eye is definitely Egyptian.

While conspiracy theories are fun to discuss, remember to distinguish fact from fiction. Also, remember that bashing is not allowed in our Village.

With a domain name which contains the phrase Jesus Saves, it is obvious the author comes from a strong Christian background, and may post derogatory statements about other religions. Don't go someplace you know you will get offended (I refuse to visit known anti-Mormon sites).

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users