Reincarnation

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 nohara_megami

nohara_megami

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Interests:darn, so many:<br>reading books by:<br> 1. Marrion Zimmer Badley<br> 2. Terry Brooks<br> 3. Amy Tan<br> 4. Susan Cooper<br> 5. Anne Rice<br> 6. and an infinate amount of others, i read everything and anything<br><br>anime:<br> 1. Escaflowne<br> 2. Fushigi Yugi<br> 3. Miyaziaki movies<br> 4. and once again, anything and everything<br><br>crafts:<br> 1. needlepoint<br> 2. scrapbooking<br> 3. and whatever else i do not blow up in the process^_^<br><br>also:<br>videogames, playing on the comp, researching the paranormal, listening and playing music, and anything else that comes to mind:)

Posted 07 May 2006 - 12:30 AM

To me, that is the only thing that makes any sense to me. It involves Karma, and it is fair. You reep what you sow.  How else can we explain the unfairness and tragedy that life can bring to a person. For example, a young child could be brutally murdered...what is the purpose behind this? If we believe in Karma and Reincarnation than maybe there is a reason. Maybe that child had to work something out from a previous life to better his/her soul. Maybe that child chose his/her own fate to advance. It's just an example, but I really feel that there is some truth behind this theory.  I also believe that when we die, we choose our parents, our circumstances, our illnesses, everything. When we are here we can't really understand why we chose to live this way, but there is a greater plan.

When Karma is involved you do not get to chose. That is a rule of Karma. Karma is the balance in all life. Even if you live 100 years as a saint you can be thrown into the depths of the hell realms simply because 5 thousand lives before that you commited a crime against humanity. When thinking of Karma you must rember that if it is real then it has been real from beginingless time. It is not just the past 1 or 2 lives you must pay for it is every life you have ever had.

I agree with you Sammy about not being able to choose where Karma is concerned. But, what I was trying to say is when we are in transition...before we reincarnate, we see things as they really are and know what is best for our soul's progress, even if it seems like a bad choice later on. I hope I made sense here. Sometimes these things are hard to put into words. :Spaz:

Ok, this is just a shot in the dark, but I think there is a difference in karma and the choice of what life we live before we get reborn here. By what I mean by this is, that in my own idea is that before we are reborn, we find out waht is going to happen to us in that particualr life. We see our family we choose to live in, what paths we have (we do make choices of how we get there) and how we die. Karma is what the unverse has deemed to be our 'just desserts', that what we did in the past deems what will happen to us in the new life.

I was just reading what everyone was saying and had to add that^_^

Great topic and one I'm sure to visit alot! :)

I have a question to add here. What does everyone think of "old souls." Some people, even at a young age, are termed "old souls" by others. For years, people have told me I'm an "old soul" and I have met people (just a few) who do seem to be "old souls" to me. I've even heard of babies seeming to be "old souls."

To clarify, by "old souls" I mean, people who seems to have far more knowledge of the complexities of life, love, human spirit, human nature, etc. Either for their age or just in general as relating to the general population. Typically, I see old souls as people who are over-whelmingly sympathetic and wise.

Could this just be someone being mature for their age or could it be someone who has seen more of a variety of life than others around them (such as: various tragedies, joys, etc.) and is more open, sympathetic and mature to others because of it or could it have something to do with reincarnation?

Just curious. I think, because I believe in reincarnation, that it could go in any of the ways I mentioned above and there are most certainly other answers for it. I think, in some cases, the "old souls" could be reincarnated beings...but, I also think that some people have simply seen a much more severely "bi-polar" world than others because of various tragedies and/or joys that they have experienced and could, in-turn, gain a much greater maturity and sympathy for others in that process.

Viv

I have ALWAYS been called an old soul. What is worst though, is when you feel like one. When I was a kid, before I could talk, and I would hold 'adult' conversations with my family and their friends. This means that I would sit next to someone, and then procede to talk in my own way to the person and make gestures with my hands and carry on a conversation like this for almost an hour at a time. Because I did that their friends would say I was such a little adult, before I could even talk lol So, I do not think this was a case of 'acting old for my age' lol
Hellsing: In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen.I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!Rome did not create an empire by having meetings. They did it by killing those who opposed them.Witches... Not just for burning.

#32 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,351 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:06 AM

This is an old discussion, worth a bump.

Here is a video about a vivid reincarnation incident.

Video on Reincarnation
Posted Image

#33 Robot

Robot

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Interests:Physics, Flying, Guitar, Robots, Paranormal

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:24 AM

A detailed study, posted on the SSE site. Some alternate theories here, such as the conciousness from a deceased person imprinting on a young or unborn child.

"Three Cases of Children in Northern
India Who Are Said to Remember a Previous Life"

http://www.scientifi..._03_2_mills.pdf
A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion.(Proverbs 18:2)http://www.ghostphysics.blogspot.com./

#34 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,351 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:29 AM

Thank you Robert. As per Hindu traditions / belief, the Moksha (or ultimate salvation) occurs when the consciousness separates (or cease to exist) from the Atma (soul). This is where the Law of Karma comes into play, so I believe those theories on consciousness getting attached to young kids do mean something.
Posted Image

#35 Robot

Robot

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Interests:Physics, Flying, Guitar, Robots, Paranormal

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:34 AM

Thank you Robert. As per Hindu traditions / belief, the Moksha (or ultimate salvation) occurs when the consciousness separates (or cease to exist) from the Atma (soul). This is where the Law of Karma comes into play, so I believe those theories on consciousness getting attached to young kids do mean something.

Very interesting stuff, seemingly credible. As always, I'm happy to contribute what I can. Regards, John

Edited by Robot, 30 June 2010 - 07:35 AM.

A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion.(Proverbs 18:2)http://www.ghostphysics.blogspot.com./

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users