Sudden Shivering Experience

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 12 May 2007 - 05:34 PM

Hi All,

Well, it seems that since the investigation things have picked up around here.

I posted the other day about the experience of hearing the kitchen door open and close. I was the only one home and all the pets were with me in the TV room.

So last night my husband and I were in bed. I was watching TV (ok I watch waaaay too much TV), my husband was sleeping. All of a sudden, he bolted up out of a dead sleep and said "I'm freezing!" He then got up, went to the bathroom in the hallway and came back to bed. (It was like 75 F, here in CT yesterday). He pulled the covers up and lay there shivering for 10 minutes. I mean shivering! The whole bed was shaking and we have a tempurpedic. I kept asking if he was ok and he just said, "don't talk to me, leave me alone," ect. He didn't want to be touched and he just stared straight ahead. Suddenly I felt a cold blast of air across my face and move my hair. Within 60 seconds he went back to normal. I asked if he had a nightmare, because he has them a lot, but he hadn't this time. It was really the weirdest experience ever.

I must add that his dad passed away about 4 weeks ago, he was alone and found by neighbors. Very sad. Do you think he just visited us? He lived in Worthington, OH.

Kira
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#2 Ditz

Ditz

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Interests:drinking, smoking, tattoos, piercings, drawing, recording, witchcraft (im wiccan)

Posted 12 May 2007 - 06:55 PM

im not sure if it could have been his father seeing as it was a slightly melevolent experience, im sure that if it was his father it would have been more pleasent. This sounds like a fleeting visit, does your husband know of anyone who didnt like him who died? or is your house haunted? or has anybody died outside your house?

#3 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 12 May 2007 - 07:05 PM

im not sure if it could have been his father seeing as it was a slightly melevolent experience, im sure that if it was his father it would have been more pleasent. This sounds like a fleeting visit, does your husband know of anyone who didnt like him who died? or is your house haunted? or has anybody died outside your house?

True, his father's visit would have had a good feeling to it. No one else has died recently, yes our house is haunted, and yes people have died in our neighborhood; one was killed and another committed suicide, but those were many years ago.

This is the first time anything has ever happened to my husband. It is usually only my daughter, her fiancee, and myself who experience these things.

It was just so strange, I felt bad for him.

Thanks for your reply,
Kira

#4 Ditz

Ditz

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Interests:drinking, smoking, tattoos, piercings, drawing, recording, witchcraft (im wiccan)

Posted 12 May 2007 - 07:37 PM

i see what you mean, i'd feel bad too but the best thing to do is to protect yourselves, did he explain how he felt whilst this was happening? i may have had something similar.

#5 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 07:45 PM

He said he just felt freezing and uncontrollable shivering. I felt his forhead and his skin was warm/not feverish and hot though, while it was happening. He wasn't sweating or anything. What happened to you?
Kira

#6 Ditz

Ditz

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 07:49 PM

it was in the apartment i live in now, i woke up in the middle of the night shivering my BAD_WORD off, bearing in mind i do have a pilonidal abscess, i origionally thought it could have been the infection making me ill. until after about 10 minutes of feeling a deep depression, sadness, shivering and not wanting to be touched it went as sudden as it had come on, my fiance still thinks it was my illness but a doctor confirmed that it was not the infection. I have sensed something unworldly in my appartment that isnt human, it could be an entity or an unseen demon, im still not sure and im still researching into it. i just felt like the life was being sucked out of me.

#7 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 07:59 PM

I just read your post to him out loud. He said he felt similar. He is a man of few words. Sorry. But gosh, it really sounds like what I experienced watching it happen to him.

My daughter's fiancee has been pushed from behind out of the hallway bathroom into the hall. There are lots of cold spots in the house and creepy spots in the basement that I won't look towards at night. I try to do laundry during the day b/c the washer is located so that I can see the "creepy corner" as I call it.

I say the Lord's Prayer every night before bed, I think I will remind my husband to say it with me. My daughter has her own prayer of protection that if she forgets, she is woken at 2-3 in the morning with her cat growling at something. So there is some entity or something here. It/they just don't bother me in any negative ways.

Thanks again for sharing with me.

Kira

#8 Ditz

Ditz

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 08:04 PM

Any time. I have posts in other forums on this site and a video link which shows faces in my television, the other posts tell of the hauntings in this apartment, it may help with somethings, it may not, could be an interesting read too lol.

#9 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,537 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 12 May 2007 - 08:18 PM

~I get the feeling that this experience you & your family are experiencing has more to do with what's underneath your home, instead of what has happened to the inside in the past. There's something there very uncomfortable with the idea that they've passed over...and are fighting it the whole way. Sometimes, I feel, that they're even having a bit of fun, at your expense no less. Try to get a recorder & sit still in the room where the most activity takes place. Ask a question...wait a few moments, then ask another question. You can also video tape this as well. Maybe something is about to take place with someone inside your home, and it's making the spirit(s) uneasy. This is the same stuff I get when something major is about to happen in my home. Keep us posted.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#10 THE DARK RAVEN

THE DARK RAVEN

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 08:31 PM

I had the same thing happen to me about 18 yrs. ago my husband and i lived in an apartment
he worked at nite so i was alone and i would wake up and be sweating and very cold.I would see a group of people at the foot of my bed.i was very scard to stay there by myself. the group of people would just be staring at me gave me the willys.
Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary, Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore, While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping, As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. "'Tis some visiter," I muttered, "tapping at my chamber door Only this, and nothing more." Edgar Allan Poe Posted Image

#11 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 08:41 PM

I think I will do some research into the town and the street. My house was built in 1958, I've been here 11 years. I know that it is one of the older towns in CT. Old Newgate Prison is about 5 miles from here. It was originally a copper mine, but then used as a prison in the 1700s. It is very haunted because the prisoners were brought there with only the clothes on their backs. The mine stays a constant 40 F year round, so if they went in the summer, they died pretty quickly from the cold. I hate going there and don't even drive down that road anymore.

The activity is usually in the bathroom, kitchen, my daughter's room and the basement. This is really the first time in a long time that anything has occurred in the master bedroom. My husband is going through very hard times emotionally right now. His father just died....among other things too personal to post. So, it is a tumultuous time for us to say the least.

Hopefully the investigators who were here 8 days ago will be sharing their results with us soon. Luckily today has been quiet............so far.

Kira

oooo, my dog just sat up and started growling at the dining room, there's no one there. Uh oh, I spoke to soon.

#12 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 08:44 PM

I had the same thing happen to me about 18 yrs. ago my husband and i lived in an apartment
he worked at nite so i was alone and i would wake up and be sweating and very cold.I would see a group of people at the foot of my bed.i was very scard to stay there by myself. the group of people would just be staring at me gave me the willys.

That would have scared the heck out of me!!!! OMG-thanks for sharing. I didn't see "anyone" in the room at the time, actually I was just staring at my husband the whole time waiting/praying for it to end.

Kira

#13 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,537 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 12 May 2007 - 08:44 PM

~grab the camera!!!! Grab the camera!!!! Grab the camera!!!
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#14 THE DARK RAVEN

THE DARK RAVEN

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 08:51 PM

I wish that back then i would have thought of a camera but i didn't . I was to young to think about that.The group of people stayed with me for about 5yrs. from one apartment
to another.i would just cover my head and pray.
Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary, Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore, While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping, As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. "'Tis some visiter," I muttered, "tapping at my chamber door Only this, and nothing more." Edgar Allan Poe Posted Image

#15 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 08:55 PM

~grab the camera!!!! Grab the camera!!!! Grab the camera!!!

I just took 23 pictures. At least 3 have very bright orbs. One is moving from the bottom of the floor to the top of the doorway into the kitchen. Thank you for telling me to do that, cuz I would have just sat here.

Kira

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users