Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Quest Haven Assylum&Elfin Forest

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

• Guests

Posted 30 April 2003 - 10:05 PM

Well, you know how kids are. ;D And just the feelings that I get when I hear about that place. Anyways... what I have heard is that there were ritualistic sacrifices on that land, also heard of murders that were and still are unsolved and drug overdoses.

#47 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 08:06 AM

Hi, Spirit, Aww...Don't worry about it, my friend :D I'll come back one way or another to let you know my findings, Bud ;D Again, ta for the dragon spirit...think he can hurry their butts up about letting me go in with a camcorder ;D

Hi, Spec, the big point of interest was the mental institution that was allegedly built on the site (as it turned out, there wasn't one there but 40 miles North), I made it to the gate of the Church and felt a voice asking for help, curiouser and curiouser, hm? Urban myth
also mentioned that Alchemists took up residence, they were thinking about it but they're still in LA. I agree that the Elfin Forest would be the perfect place for either dark rites, murder or drug manufacture because of the denseness of the treeline. There are unburied bodies in those woods ;)

I think my favorite story was about the Unseelie elves  :othat attacked hikers and motorists carrying raw meat*ROFL*
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#48 spiritdragon

spiritdragon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 07:57 PM

If you get some good photos let me know o.k. Well Wisper I had a dream I was near the forest with a few of my pets I have seen the pesky elves to my luck they also seen me. You might ask them if they like bieng a crispy critter. ;D

#49 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 09:35 PM

:oWHOA WHOA WHOA!!!! The Elves are the silliest of Urban Legends, Spirit<and I'm going to stick by that story>but I'll post any pics or EVP's I get here of course,
this is home! There's a lot to be said for fire 'tis true, but Lightning and cold...now there's the stuff of legends, Bud ;D But I LOVE the expression crispy critter :D
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

• Guests

Posted 02 May 2003 - 03:53 PM

Ive been livng in Vista for the last 3 years and everyone i hang out w/ talks about the quest haven assylum. I heard it burned down or something like that.??  Could you tell me where it is if you happen to know that would be great. I do know where questhaven rd. is.  Is it by there???? I cant seem to find it.
Thanks so much

#51 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 02 May 2003 - 04:59 PM

Hi, Brook, good to see another person from North County representin' ;D Exactly! The road runs from Escondido to San Marcos, the Church of the Holy Quest stands at the top of the hill, behind a white-washed gate. Go during the day but call first. We made the mistake of believing that the church had been mysteriously abandoned in the 60's (friend of mine's an Esc. native) and got turned around at the gate<got there@10p>

Buddy, never take any piece of information at face value, its like being a reporter, investigate, research and talk to people. I interviewed both sides, people who claimed to hear and see stuff as well as a Receptionist and a member of the Board from Questhaven. There was NOT an assylum there, but a private residence (it became a religious retreat in '46), the property was being spied out by a society of alchemists from LA, but that fell through in the 70's. There IS a presense there, in the Elfin Forest and beyond the gate, something-On my skin!-called and asked for help

Hope that helps and good luck! Remember, post any pics
you get here ;D Welcome to GV we hope you'll stay awhile :D

Drew

• Guests

Posted 09 June 2003 - 01:30 PM

wispers,
 it sounds to me like you have just encountered one of many spells to keep people away from whatever lies behound that gate...as for me i know one if not a couple of people that HAVE gone beyond that gate and even they had to be invited... and belive me they are VERY strong wiccans.. i now they used to have "power battles" in frount of our drama dept. and they were ...wow what can i say...unbeliveable.....

#53 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 01:58 PM

:o ;DDrakeonsgirl!! Good to see ya here, Buddy Girl!! When we went, I felt a feeling of urgency, unfortunately the Gentlemen at the gate<guard>didn't really care about spirits projecting and I doubt the BOD does either.
If I can't get their clearance to go in with a camera crew, I'll go in myself and sneak in a recorder and camcorder.

I was told that the area was held as sacred to the tribes
native, it was where they went to negotiate truces so there may be some very powerful juju remaining. I have to admit, I was riding a power buzz as soon as we hit the road ;D

#54 drakeonsgirl

drakeonsgirl

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 02:09 PM

well we all have those and that strange energy that you feel is the mix bewix the spells and the spirits i mean the other night i was going to go the the restroom upstairs at work and i herd typing and you had already gone to work..so i decided not to go upstairs and to go in the consumers restroom...

#55 spiritdragon

spiritdragon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 03:11 PM

Still no go on the tour? I was hoping to see a picture of the building.  :'( Oh well anyway I was wondering if the spirit power level increases in the forest like it does  in the western and the southern portion of Missouri during the summer. BTW what is your Chinese Zodiac sign? Mine is the Ram.

#56 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 12 June 2003 - 03:32 PM

Hey, Drakeonsgirl...DUDE, when was this and why didn't you mention it :o I've never felt a presence here though
others have reported strange noises<radios going on by themselves>The place was a home for Alzheimer's patients...so it is possible. Just a little disappointed that
if there are, why didn't they stop by and say Hi :'(

Hi, Spiritdragon, I'm taking this as a polite refusal to go in with cameras, since they've never seen me I'll sneak in a am and recorder and see what I can find. The only time I've been out there had been the one time, but I think another visit's due ;D If you meant me, I'm afraid I'd have to look it up

#57 drakeonsgirl

drakeonsgirl

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 06:44 PM

[glow=pink,2,300]
whispers,
    yah it happened on either the !st or the 8th of this month...sorry for not telling you i thought that it would have sounded silly telling you that i thought that there was a spirit in your room if you had just left your comp. on..... ok well next time i'll be sure to let you know what i have herd comming from the up stairs... but i know that that wasen't that first time that i have herd that comming from up there....we will have to get my sis. spirit board and bless it and see if it will let us reach the spirit. :D [/glow]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users