4 replies to this topic

#1 LanceM

LanceM

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:anything paranormal. music. creating web sites

Posted 03 November 2009 - 04:17 PM

where is the best place to try and find information on a location? i know more popular areas or business areas are easy to find but how do i go about finding out about a home?

#2 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 03 November 2009 - 05:16 PM

Not sure what kind of information you want, but ownership over the years can be traced using property tax records, found in your local courthouse as a rule. Zoniong offices may also be able to provide records of any modifications to the property as well. If something newsworthy happened there try newspaper archives as well.

#3 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 03 November 2009 - 05:24 PM

~I've always had luck finding out info on our home & its history at our local museum. The library was of some help, but not much...especially when the lady behind the counter couldn't answer my questions (as far as cross-referencing) and didn't have the answers I was looking for. The best answers I found were through the old phone books and such.
Good luck hun.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#4 LanceM

LanceM

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:anything paranormal. music. creating web sites

Posted 03 November 2009 - 06:06 PM

Thanks for the info. What im looking for is supposedly someone hung themselves in the meat shed at my girlfriends house. its a they told me and they were told by someone else deal. i'm wanting to find out if its true or not.

#5 Tanner_TVP

Tanner_TVP

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:I love sports. I played football in high school. I've been ghost hunting and investigation since 2001. I have been a private investigator for a little over four years. I use many of the same investigative techniques to study the paranormal that I use to solve my cases. I treat my haunting cases with the same care and precision as any other case I work. I believe that thorough documentation and detailed study of activity will give us insight into the causes of haunting and ghost activity. I like working with others in the field especially those with more experience. My favorite thing about this field is that there is always something to learn.<br />

Posted 11 February 2010 - 12:24 PM

Most major events in a personís life leave a paper trail. After you find former owners from the property records look at your hall of records, court house, or online for marriage license, birth certificates for both them and their children, and get the death certificates for all and use them to locate the obituaries they should have more information about the circumstances of death and surviving family members. You might be able to find old newspaper articles about the person or persons you find. Usually you can tell a lot about the property by the people that lived and maybe died there. Also try www.onlinepublicrecordssearch.com Iíve had pretty good hits from their and it saves you time.
TannerTennessee Valley Paranormal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users