Old Cemetery

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 newbie ghost haunter

newbie ghost haunter

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:53 PM

Hello!I live in Miami,extremely close to the old Pinewood (Cocoplum) Cemetery which is the oldest cemetery,it has burials dating back to 1840s. I done my research and found out information about the place which scare me. I'm the type of person that can feel if there is presence not wanting me on the building or looking at me,I can feel the presence and at times see it too. But my question,is what is the best way to approach investigation in cemetery?I'm Catholic and religious,I though doing prayer was best way to get approval whoever was there. Any suggestion?This is my first investigation.

#2 RodoBabbins

RodoBabbins

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:19 PM

The best and first thing is to contact the owner and seek out permission to be on property.
JoshCo-FounderSafe Harbor Paranormal

#3 newbie ghost haunter

newbie ghost haunter

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:21 PM

Its public park,maintained by the city of Coral Gables.So one can just walk in without no problem. I driven around it never gotten courage to go in.

#4 Aesalon

Aesalon

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 04:56 PM

The first thing you need to remember: The living are much more likely to hurt you than the dead.

Second: Most cemetery stories (not all, but most) are just that, stories - so I would suggest you bring a friend, visit the location and just get a feel for the place. Mark the places that you would actually want to come back to so you aren't just wandering around aimlessly when you begin your investigation and makes the area more familiar to you.

Be careful and good luck!
-AesCome and visit the FBN team web site!!Fly By Night Paranormal Investigations (Southwest Iowa / Southeast Nebraska)We are also now on Facebook!

#5 Tantric Kitten

Tantric Kitten

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:58 AM

If you are afraid, I think you're a ways off from actually doing any sort of investigating.

Since you are afraid, I would suggest you become comfortable with the idea of death and ghosts first. Just go on in. Take a stroll through. Look at the interesting markers. Note names that seem to jump out at you. Talk to the caretakers (they are often an absolute goldmine of historic information on the cemetery). Enjoy the lovely day and the lovely, peaceful parklike setting. Pull a couple weeds off a neglected monument.

Then thank them for allowing you to share the experience with them, say no one's allowed to follow you home, say a little prayer for them (if you feel moved to) and leave.

Do this a hundred-bazillion times at a hundred-bazillion cemeteries (bottled water, gloves and a trowel become essential items to have in the car for the weeds) until you actually care about the people in the graves and about the monuments themselves and until you have no fear.

Then get back to us.

#6 newbie ghost haunter

newbie ghost haunter

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 10:44 AM

Tantric Kitten,
I dont want say I'm scared because I'm not but rather I have reverence for the dead and the after-life since there is so many questions unanswered. I believe that we die,we go Heaven or Hell but beyond that, I'm still searching for those answers especially about those souls left lingering in Earth. This is not first time,that I want go into a place that is haunted and spirits dwell, I been to the most haunted city in America, Savannah,Georgia and I had feel of spirits around me but I would not say I was scared but more cautious.Also I been to St.Augustine and its haunted Military Hospital and cobblestone streets. I'm not scared per say but more cautious, to be truthful this is first time I want investigate cemetery that is why I'm more cautious because I have little bit more fear of the unknown factor since most of other places I have visit,there is document history of paranormal activity.And this cemetery,there is very little records and very little information documenting paranormal activity and burial in this place go back to 1840s. So I would not say scared but cautious of the unknown factors, I suppose that I need lose that fear to be able truly find the information that I want.

#7 Tantric Kitten

Tantric Kitten

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 03:52 PM

So my suggestion then is to do what I suggested in the first place but bring along a recorder and a camera just to document while you're there.

I don't think cemeteries are particularly haunted and when I do find something paranormal in a cemetery, more often than not it's not a person. But being respectful and looking around and enjoying the beautiful place and paying attention to monuments that people spent huge sums of money on that their loved ones be remembered is never the wrong thing to do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users