12 replies to this topic

#1 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:50 PM

Happy Thanksgiving y'all in the US! Where will you be for dinner and who's cooking?
I'm delighted that my sister started a tradition at her house. She's cooking turkey etc. and we're all bringing other food. I love it that I don't have to do all that cooking anymore! :)
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#2 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Interests:Am curious about almost anything . . .

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:38 PM

Happy Thanksgiving!! Hope everyone is safe and warm and well fed :)

This year, we are going to stay in a friend's cabin out in the woods - peaceful and calm. I'm going with my inlaws - there will be about ten of us. Should be fun! I definitely have a lot of blessings to be thankful for and will definitely be thinking of that this week!

Eat, drink and be scary. ~Author Unknown

#3 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:43 PM

That's the best part...being with family and friends and sharing thankfulness. My sister has just beat cancer with chemo and her amazing attitude, and is now going to radiation for what the doctor says will keep it away.
I tried to gently suggest that we bring the whole mess to my house this year but she wouldn't hear of it. 'Lil sister is one strong cookie!
You're so right. Autumnbelle, about the blessings to be thankful for. To tell the truth, none of us LOVES turkey! But just being together and remembering to be thankful always, (not just that day) is what the day is all about. It's a tradition worth keeping.
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#4 balo

balo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:36 AM

May you al have a Happy Thanksgiving :)

#5 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:08 PM

Happy Thanksgiving to you too balo! Although I think I know that Canada has it's own Thanksgiving day? Celebrate both, since you're part of this family too. :)

My cooking is done now today. I feel like I got out easy. Ham, fresh apple cake, yams, and tonight I'll make the banana pudding. Hope I don't take a chunk out of something before we get there tomorrow!

#6 Night Star

Night Star

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, animals, reading, music, dragons, fairies, elves, being creative...

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:50 PM

To each and every one of you, a very Happy Thanksgiving!!!! :)
Posted Image

#7 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:08 PM

I know you'll be counting your blessings this year, Night Star.
Still keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. All will be well. :-)

#8 Ryuu

Ryuu

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:Video games and anime not as heavily as I used to be though just watch anime and play video games once in a while. And the paranormal of course.

Posted 24 November 2011 - 09:31 AM

A Happy Thanksgiving to all and to all a Happy Thanksgiving.

Having Thanksgiving at my aunts again (she lives across the street from us)
"A winner is a loser who will get up and try again." - Dennis DeYoung

#9 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 24 November 2011 - 04:45 PM

Happy Thanksgiving y'all! I'm having turkey, mashed sweet potatos and sweetcorn with my folks, as usual.

What're y'all thankful for?

Posted Image

Cry Havoc! And let loose the Dobermans of war!

My knitting and crocheting blog.

Life is too short to take seriously, none of us get out of it alive.

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

http://www.nomorerack.com/?cr=9281971

#10 v-huntley

v-huntley

Provides a GREAT example!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Interests:superstitions, cryptzoology, ghosts and anything else paranormal.

Posted 24 November 2011 - 06:40 PM

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends!!
Posted Image Posted Image

#11 Ryuu

Ryuu

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:Video games and anime not as heavily as I used to be though just watch anime and play video games once in a while. And the paranormal of course.

Posted 24 November 2011 - 07:07 PM

I'm thankfull for family and my GhostVillage family
"A winner is a loser who will get up and try again." - Dennis DeYoung

#12 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:12 PM

Ditto Ryuu!

Back home now from my sister's. I almost needed the garden cart to make it to the porch because of the eating! The nice thing about everyone bringing certain food is that no one does that much cooking. But when it's all on the table... you'd better take a little of everything because they notice if you don't eat what they brought! So I did.

After dinner my sister and I cleared the table together and ended up sitting at the table as the others went outside. Beautiful weather today.
We started talking about things from our childhood and realizing how much we appreciated our parents and loved our siblings, and all in all we were so thankful for our family. Every part of it.

#13 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:49 AM

So much to be thankful for in our lives. Happy belated Thanksgiving to you all in that part of the world :)

Whatever

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users