paranormal time......

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 PJay

PJay

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal, art, reading, collecting gargoyles.

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:46 AM

Why are ghost stories more fun told in the dark, people like to be scared, and in the dark your ears can hear more than your eyes can see. The comment about the spirutalists using the dark to mask their tricks are true too. T.v. shows take advantage of our fear of the dark, or our wish to enjoy that shivery fear, and film their shows dark. It adds "atmosphere". I work with the public, and take every opportunity to tell people I'm interested in paranormal investigation. Most people tell me stories of their experiences. But almost NONE of their experiences happen at night. A lot of people investigate at night because they work days, and it's convenient. Sadly, a lot of people get their information from t.v. and movies, and they think the ghosties only come out at night.

#17 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:way too many to mention, but to paraphrase:<br />Animals<br />Photography<br />Literature<br />writing<br />Paranormal research<br />Psychology<br />Sociology<br />Anthropology<br />Travel<br />Yoga<br />Cooking

Posted 10 September 2009 - 02:49 AM

I've had encounters during the day...just more at night, especially the wee hours-between 2-4am

LOL I actually thought you were asking about how time passed for them
Posted ImageThank you for not feeding the trolls

#18 midnight_ravynhawk

midnight_ravynhawk

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:my kids and husband are definately 1st. music, reading, sports (especially Pittsburgh teams!!!), paranormal studies, cross-stitching, animal lover (especially my 2 dogs) Puddin-a very cute but strange shih-tzu and Yogurt-my loving but way too fat beagle. I am trying to learn about all different kinds of paranormal communication,reiki,ghost hunting,EVP's,taking pictures,etc.

Posted 22 September 2009 - 10:16 AM

Is there such a thing as "the witching hour" I have heard it called and if so, when is it??? I heard it was supposed to be midnight, then I heard 3 am...I'm really confused!!! :) If there is such a thing, is it easier to catch evidence at this time??? Is the veil between the worlds thinner at this time or is it just a bunch af bull???
Sometimes it's easier to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission!!!

#19 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 22 September 2009 - 10:35 AM

Actually I do most of my investigative work in daylight. As far as a "witching hour" I think that just goes back to the old "ghosts come out at night" ideas. It may be true that our senses are more acute at night, but keep in mind that also leads to our being more likely to accept anything as paranormal. The possibility of false positives also goes up at night.
CaveRat......
Visit my website

#20 LanceM

LanceM

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:anything paranormal. music. creating web sites

Posted 17 October 2009 - 01:05 PM

Since paranormal beings are electromagnetic in nature, could solar wind/flare activity affect them? It can wreak havoc on electronic devices. Once the earth is turned away, it does get much less solar interference. That's the only logical (maybe) reason I could think of.

I have heard of this theory before and think it could be a very good possibility. That may be why so many of the paranormal sites that i have visited have solar and lunar status info on them and why its prob a good idea to document these sort of events to find out if there is any connection. Also i have to agree with the fact that day jobs get in the way and at night if your doing an outside investigation (say a cemetery) and its next to a heavily used road, there are less people out so you get less interference with trying to do evps and things of that nature.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users