#1 PhantomGlider

PhantomGlider

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:Supernature...

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:52 PM

Hello,

By way of introduction my name is Steven. I've been involved with the paranormal my whole life since my mother took over a large house and turned it into a hotel when I was 2 y/o. The house turned out to have been built on a hanging site about 250 years ago and was one of the most haunted sites in the UK.

At age 16 I entered the theatre on my way to becoming a film director. Most of the old theatres I worked in were haunted. On taking my second job in theatre I found myself in an apartment just round the corner from an Occult bookstore in Worthing, West Sussex. Being young I had dramatic tastes and was in there buying buying books like the "Key of Solomon" every week. The old woman and her grey cat who worked at the shop decided to help shape my tastes away from demons and magic and successful redirect my imagination to Gurjieff, Ouspensky, Jaques Bergier and Mme. Blavatsky. Then she started feeding me hand written manuscripts by Authors like Arthur S Knight. At which point I questioned who she was... really. Turned out she was Chairman of the Theosophical Society and had published a number of works including a five volume set of Blavatsky's secret doctrine which she had abridged herself. A copy of which she gave to me as a parting gift when I moved on to my first job directing in theatre in London. She was a wonderful woman. Far more wonderful than I fully appreciated until I was older. She had set me on a path of investigation based on reality rather than fantasy that stood me well in later years. Supernature rather than supernatural.

As time went by I worked with Buddhists, Taoists, five Shamans from different cultures ranging from African Voodoo to Latin American Brujos. A "hobby" that took me into deserts, jungles and urban environments all over the world.

In 2004 I had the opportunity to write and direct a Paranormal Investigation TV series which allowed me to fuse my hobby with my career. The series was extended to four season and ran successfully in Canada and USA until recently. It was a departure from my regular feature film work and generally one does not move from a career in features to temporary broadcast work but the series ended up allowing me to hire a team of 12 plus academic researchers from University of Toronto and devote in depth and leading edge investigations into 52 aspects of the paranormal phenomena. I moved back to feature films when I was done with the series and am back to the normal relationship between hobby and career. Doing that series I found myself in sometimes extreme situations experiencing phenomena first hand but with the chance of gathering the analytic and reflective reactions of medical Doctors, scientists, engineers, theologians, academics as well as paranormal professionals. The great thing about working on the series was that my personal questions like those regarding life beyond death were resolved in every way. No more doubts.

I now feel the need to keep abreast of current information and to be available as a resource of information or advice where necessary or useful.

Thank you.
http://www.beyondtheseries.com

"Nietzsche is dead" GOD

#2 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:16 PM

Welcome to GH, PhantomGlider aka Steven! Thanks for sharing your background. Would love to hear more about the phenomena. Posted Image
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#3 PhantomGlider

PhantomGlider

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:34 PM

Thank you for your kind welcome, Cryscat. Any particular phenomena you'd like to look into?

"Nietzsche is dead" GOD

#4 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:24 PM

Some examples of the unusual that happened during the time you were filming your show. Thanks!

#5 PhantomGlider

PhantomGlider

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:15 PM

In the Ghost Hunters episode there were so many occurrences. Ectoplasms - one of which followed a researcher around for half an hour, a shadow figure of a man that crossed in front of the camera, ghost voices, a ghost sewing machine, EVPs and the weirdest and toughest to document - an angel figure that appeared in a hallway to 12 of our crew and on camera people... the camera will not focus on the angel but you can see the blur and the camera trying to focus. On the original the only part of the angel that can be seen sometimes in focus is the bottom of the wings which at times flutter with great speed and force. The whole 7 to 8 foot figure was fully visible to everyone there - you can hear their genuine reactions. Here's a clip of it which is up on youtube teaser... the image is cranked for maximum visibility but you might improve it with brighter adjustments of contrast/gamma/brilliance on your monitor...

"Nietzsche is dead" GOD

#6 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:54 PM

Welcome to Ghost Village, Steven. I hope you stay and help out, and enjoy yourself too.

I have 4 sons... one of them named Steven. I've always been open to "other worlds" and I always answered my children's questions. Lucky you to have had such a mother.
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#7 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:51 PM

Cool! Thanks for the video!

#8 PhantomGlider

PhantomGlider

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:23 PM

Yes Puti,

My mother was extraordinary in many ways. I was fortunate to have had a woman like her bringing me up. She named all the ghosts at the Hotel "Old Joe" and whenever something occurred that would scare everyone, she'd laugh and say "It's just Old Joe up to his tricks". The worst floor of the house ws the top floor... huge poltergeist activity, apparitions of a smoking man and a sinister woman. The cleaners always refused to clean on that floor because of the activity... so when I was 13 I took it over as a kind of apartment within the hotel. I wasn't toooo bothered by the activity. It was later when my Mum fell prey to a psychic attack that I learned to respect with greater care the powers of these elements of nature. She remained a role model for me until she suddenly passed 9 years ago. Not in a sappy way but in a very real and strong way.

You're Welcome Cryscat. Smile.

"Nietzsche is dead" GOD

#9 jayde

jayde

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:singing, dancing, swimming, paranormal, elves, fairys, demons, ghosts---all things paranormal.

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:06 AM

Hi Steven, and welcome!

Your story is very interesting. Can I ask a question? If it isn't too personal....
What exactly do you mean when you say that your mother fell victim to a psychic attack?

Ghosts don't haunt us. That's not how it works. They're present among us because we won't let go of them."

#10 PhantomGlider

PhantomGlider

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:52 PM

Hi Jayde,

Thank you for the welcome. With regard to my Mum's psychic attack it happened that we were both working in London at the same time. We were both working in the entertainment industry and one night a bunch of her industry friends and a bunch of mine got together for a soiree one Saturday night at my house. Big old Edwardian house with a main sitting room that was big enough to have a piano stage at one end and a huge Adams fireplace on the main wall. A mansion sized room. Anyway on the Saturday afternoon I had the impression of an Edwardian little girl with a cane hoop and an Alice Band, standing by an armchair, next to the fireplace. That night at about 1 am the remainders of the soiree decided to do a OUIJA seance. Smashing glasses unnatural lengths of candle flames, drops in temperature, threats spelled out on the table with my mother named as the target for the threats. We tried to ascertain who the spirit or entity was and the glass spelled out a number and a word. It took us about 20 minutes to figure it out but it was a reference to the page number of a book on a bookshelf next to the table that named a demon who came in the form of small children.Within an hour of the end of the session which was very dramatic... my mother had about 20 black egg-sized lumps form all over her body. We took her right ot the hospital and biopsies revealed them to be cancerous. About two weeks later I had the call to come to the hospital because she was receiving the last rites. When I got to the hospital she was fine. Upon production of the holy water she begged the priest to allow her to drink some of the water... she immediately felt the sickness leaving her... the lumps went from black to red within an hour and she walked out of the hospital cancer-free two days later. The priest gave her the bottle of holy water and she kept that with her till her death. She had more run-ins with the paranormal later on but that one showed me the respect one needed to afford these forces... and messing with them can be (for someone like me) a really stupid thing to do.

"Nietzsche is dead" GOD

#11 PhantomGlider

PhantomGlider

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:52 PM

Hi Jayde,

I tried to respond to your question about my mother's psychic attack briefly enough for a compact response here and found myself trying to also not sensationalize the events in any way. The result was a blah kind of telling of the events which I as a 18 y/o was very spooked by. I actually moved from that great house because I was perplexed by the notion that the "entity" was still around. When I was unpacking dishes, in the kitchen, at the new house with a new gf at the time. I came across the ouija board from that night. I immediately tossed it out of the window into the outside rubbish bin. My gf asked about it and we make a cup of tea and went into the sitting room where I told her the whole story. In the last post here I didn't mention details of the demon or it's name. When I was telling her the story at the new house I related the name. At that time there was a loud crashing sound in the kitchen which upon investigation turned out to be a bunch of glasses that had been swept off the kitchen table with such force that there were particles and pieces of glasses embedded in the wall. This was long before I started working with the shamans and not wanting to let my mother anywhere near the situation I called the London Psychic Society and eventually spoke to an exorcist who said that at this stage there was nothing he could do because there was no exorcism to be performed but gave me directions for things to do in the house and never to mention or think deeply about the demon's name. I was in that house for almost 14 years and although it was sometimes very uneasy there and sometimes very dark... I didn't have another event there. Other places but not there. I actually did a dramatic reconstruction of the ouija board night on my paranormal TV series in 2005 and was half expecting something to happen during the shoot but was pleasantly surprised by a smooth shoot. Of course by then my experiences in the field had helped to prepare me somewhat and these days one is less spooked than when one was a teenager. Smile.

"Nietzsche is dead" GOD

#12 jayde

jayde

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:singing, dancing, swimming, paranormal, elves, fairys, demons, ghosts---all things paranormal.

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:57 AM

Hi Jayde,

Thank you for the welcome. With regard to my Mum's psychic attack it happened that we were both working in London at the same time. We were both working in the entertainment industry and one night a bunch of her industry friends and a bunch of mine got together for a soiree one Saturday night at my house. Big old Edwardian house with a main sitting room that was big enough to have a piano stage at one end and a huge Adams fireplace on the main wall. A mansion sized room. Anyway on the Saturday afternoon I had the impression of an Edwardian little girl with a cane hoop and an Alice Band, standing by an armchair, next to the fireplace. That night at about 1 am the remainders of the soiree decided to do a OUIJA seance. Smashing glasses unnatural lengths of candle flames, drops in temperature, threats spelled out on the table with my mother named as the target for the threats. We tried to ascertain who the spirit or entity was and the glass spelled out a number and a word. It took us about 20 minutes to figure it out but it was a reference to the page number of a book on a bookshelf next to the table that named a demon who came in the form of small children.Within an hour of the end of the session which was very dramatic... my mother had about 20 black egg-sized lumps form all over her body. We took her right ot the hospital and biopsies revealed them to be cancerous. About two weeks later I had the call to come to the hospital because she was receiving the last rites. When I got to the hospital she was fine. Upon production of the holy water she begged the priest to allow her to drink some of the water... she immediately felt the sickness leaving her... the lumps went from black to red within an hour and she walked out of the hospital cancer-free two days later. The priest gave her the bottle of holy water and she kept that with her till her death. She had more run-ins with the paranormal later on but that one showed me the respect one needed to afford these forces... and messing with them can be (for someone like me) a really stupid thing to do.

Wow, I had butterflies of some sort in my stomach the whole time I read this. I have never heard of anything like this in my life. This is the most interesting thing I think I have ever read, yet I am so very sorry that the demon invaded your mother's body. I cant imagine the feeling you had when she became littered with those awful bumps, but I also can't imagine the relief you both had when she walked out of that hospital with no "invasion".
I understand this was a personal story, and it was a pleasure to read it! Thank you!

Hi Jayde,

I tried to respond to your question about my mother's psychic attack briefly enough for a compact response here and found myself trying to also not sensationalize the events in any way. The result was a blah kind of telling of the events which I as a 18 y/o was very spooked by. I actually moved from that great house because I was perplexed by the notion that the "entity" was still around. When I was unpacking dishes, in the kitchen, at the new house with a new gf at the time. I came across the ouija board from that night. I immediately tossed it out of the window into the outside rubbish bin. My gf asked about it and we make a cup of tea and went into the sitting room where I told her the whole story. In the last post here I didn't mention details of the demon or it's name. When I was telling her the story at the new house I related the name. At that time there was a loud crashing sound in the kitchen which upon investigation turned out to be a bunch of glasses that had been swept off the kitchen table with such force that there were particles and pieces of glasses embedded in the wall. This was long before I started working with the shamans and not wanting to let my mother anywhere near the situation I called the London Psychic Society and eventually spoke to an exorcist who said that at this stage there was nothing he could do because there was no exorcism to be performed but gave me directions for things to do in the house and never to mention or think deeply about the demon's name. I was in that house for almost 14 years and although it was sometimes very uneasy there and sometimes very dark... I didn't have another event there. Other places but not there. I actually did a dramatic reconstruction of the ouija board night on my paranormal TV series in 2005 and was half expecting something to happen during the shoot but was pleasantly surprised by a smooth shoot. Of course by then my experiences in the field had helped to prepare me somewhat and these days one is less spooked than when one was a teenager. Smile.

Wow, do you think maybe the demon was trying to "get back" at YOU because your mother decided to drink the holy water and expell it? I mean, the night you were speaking about this with your girlfriend and the glasses were shattered. Or what do you think that could have been?

Ghosts don't haunt us. That's not how it works. They're present among us because we won't let go of them."

#13 PhantomGlider

PhantomGlider

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:13 AM

Hi Jayde,

Wow, I had butterflies of some sort in my stomach the whole time I read this. I have never heard of anything like this in my life. This is the most interesting thing I think I have ever read, yet I am so very sorry that the demon invaded your mother's body. I cant imagine the feeling you had when she became littered with those awful bumps, but I also can't imagine the relief you both had when she walked out of that hospital with no "invasion".
I understand this was a personal story, and it was a pleasure to read it! Thank you!

Hi Jayde,

Wow, do you think maybe the demon was trying to "get back" at YOU because your mother decided to drink the holy water and expell it? I mean, the night you were speaking about this with your girlfriend and the glasses were shattered. Or what do you think that could have been?

Oh absolutely right Jade,

Even to this day I will not mention that Demon's name... it gave us two names in the OUIJA session. I think it forced open a door I've never completely been able to close. I've worked with "Shamans" from so many different cultures and learned to read signs and how to protect oneself in so many ways... Meso American, North American, African, Tibetan and even Celtic but there are certain "attacks" or "skirmishes" that I wasn't able to leave as a conclusive victor and they often seem open ended or returning events... Black Labrador, Huge Panther, large Jackals dancing on their hind legs, a Minotaur, a shadow ball with hundreds of leathery tendrils, long-snouted energy feeders that came in the night leaving bites all over the body, a male demon dressed as an old lady, a very old male brujo... I often suspect that they are one source or one attacker. I have found that since creating the TV series it has pretty much disappeared and wonder if the main purpose was to try to stop the series from happening. One reason for that hunch is that things reached a rather perplexing climax when we started research on the series and then one week after hearing that we had the series sold to Space Channel the worst thing in my life happened... the worst nightmares any parent can experience... and since the series went to air... it's be totally, wonderfully quiet.

The strange thing is that normally when I hear something like that I search for a psychological source. In these cases though we are talking credible witnesses with most of them and I would never allow myself to develop those kinds of flights of fancy. I've found with all my travels and investigations that there seems to be that dark side which is rather like things described in the Tibetan Book of the Dead. You are best to rise above those sensational aspects of research and when you do you start to discover wonderful things about this amazing Universe. A bit like a picnic in a field on a beautiful summers day... if one focuses on the insects that might be under the picnic blanket one can never truly enjoy all the great things that are above the blanket. Feel the sun on your face, look at the blue skies smell the flowers and enjoy the great food, drink and conversation.

"Nietzsche is dead" GOD

#14 PhantomGlider

PhantomGlider

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:19 PM

Please listen in to the Fox affiliate paranormal radio show http://www.darknessradio.com/ on Monday and Tuesday when both nights are dedicated to interviewing Steven regarding his work on "Beyond". Darkness radio is hugely popular and they decided one night was not enough to cover everything. You can tune in live on Monday and Tuesday night or listen to the archived interviews later in the week.

"Nietzsche is dead" GOD

#15 PhantomGlider

PhantomGlider

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:00 AM

Hi @ All - been very busy with TIFF (Toronto's big film festival). So sorry for not being around so much. Heads up on the "Beyond" DVD Box sets which are now going on Fall Sale for a limited time. Link is my signature.

"Nietzsche is dead" GOD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users