• Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

#1 DSF

DSF

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 12:48 PM

All right all you guys (and I know there are quite a few of you on this board because I have been following the gender wars on other posts ;D).....

.....I have a question for you....

How do you get a man to do the dishes?  Or any other chore for that matter? ::)

I don't seem to have any luck with this, so help me out with this.  Or ladies, what tricks do you have that work?

#2 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 07 May 2003 - 01:18 PM

Foul...unfair...I protest!!! ;D  I do dishes!  In fact I have done more dishes, laundry, cleaning than nonnie has for a few months due to her surgery and neck pain in general but I always try to do my share!  I (as well as other men) do things that most women will never do such as home repair, work on the car, etc.  Also who has to kill the spider in the bath tub or catch the mouse in the basement?  
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 07 May 2003 - 01:33 PM

Dishes??????

Do The Dishes????

I thought that was what the Chihuahuas were for!  It takes a while but they do a very nice job on them. :)
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#4 DSF

DSF

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 01:58 PM

KRC, you are a very rare man indeed!  Anyway I could clone your DNA and pass it on to my husband?

Flying.......I tried that with the kitty cats, but they got too fat and couldn't get up on the counter any more.  As for my dog, well, she won't eat "leftovers" (just like my husband) so that didn't work.  

#5 SpiritsOfMd

SpiritsOfMd

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:A little 'bit of everything!

Posted 07 May 2003 - 02:28 PM

[glow=red,2,300]FULLFILL A SEXUAL FANTASY FOR HIM  :)[/glow]
[FONT=Courier][COLOR=blue]"EVEN IF YOUR ON THE RIGHT TRACK, IF YOU JUST SIT THERE YOU WILL STILL GET HIT"

#6 Moose

Moose

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 02:38 PM

Hey, not only do I do the dishes, I also do a majority of the cooking, and we divide the laundry duties about equally.  REAL men are self-sufficient.   ;D

Moose
Come. It is time to keep your appointment with the Wicker Man.

#7 natas

natas

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 02:53 PM

Most of my friends wife's wait till all her friends are over and take's em to the kitchen and shows them that her husband don't help her out with the dishes. Well they get kinda turn red not in anger, and they usualy do the dishes to make his wife look bad. I used to do the dishes but now we got my younger cousin doing em cause she thinks she is old enough to get married and do not know how to clean up after her self, do the dishes, laundery. So we are making her do it cause she would never help out her mom, but I did the dishes out at my gf's house.

Belial
The gates of Hell are open, night and day;Smooth the descent, and easy is the way.

#8 DSF

DSF

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 03:06 PM

Spirit....I would if I had the time, but I am always doing the dishes! :)  ......maybe I'll give that a try.  I'll let you know.

Moose,  I do have to say this for him.  He usually handles the laundry.  I help out every once in a while, but he usually handles all that.  He is also pretty good about cutting the grass and he will cook every once in a while.  It's just the dishes!

Belial, I have tried the embarassment tactic.  Doesn't work with him.

My husband has this running joke.......

Why do men like their brides to wear white at their wedding?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
So that the dishwasher matches the fridge and stove!

#9 Rockhauler2k1

Rockhauler2k1

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Interests:The Force

Posted 07 May 2003 - 03:24 PM

What would you do for a Klondike bar ? ;D

I have always helped with the children to some degree but I must admit that Spirits does a majority of the tough day to day stuff. I do try to lend a hand when I see that one is needed though .

Rockhauler2k1 has done the following : changed diapers ( yes both kinds ) washed and folded clothes. loaded the diswasher but not the kind Spooky is refering to ( I think ) cut the grass, paint the fence ( just like in Karate Kid ) vacumed the floors , and so on and so on and so on .

Its really too much to mention or remember.

I simply try to remember that if I were single I'd have to do it anyway just not as fequently as Spirits  hehehehehehehehe   ;D

Rockhauler2k1

P.S. A sure fire way to get help from a man is to ask ( but I also know about the unwritten rule that if you have to ask then its just not worth it lol  ::))  and if that doesnt work let the kitties lick the plates clean in front of him then serve his dinner on the same plate.  ;)
Many of the truths that we cling to depend greatly upon our point of view.Posted Image

#10 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE- Rockhauler2k1 has done the following : changed diapers  -QUOTE

I was lucky Rock.  It was the strangest thing.  When my boys were babies they NEVER wet or messed their diapers until Mrs. Fly came through the front door!  Of course since they didn't do the deed until she was already home it was her turn to change them, my watch was over! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#11 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 07 May 2003 - 04:25 PM

I have a question back for women!!  Why do women have the exclusive right to being crabby??  You know I get tired of crabbiness just because!!  If a man is in a bad mood, all h*** breaks loose but when it's a woman, it's ok, it's just a mood and were expected to just accept it for that??!! >:) >;)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#12 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 04:29 PM

Mrs ya opened up a good topic, now getting me and KRC to agree with the home repair thing is another topic entirely (speaking from a women who put her own flooring in and didn't get any help from any man on doing it) and you should do those things for nonnie anyways, men dirty the dishes and laundry they should do their fair share of cleaning them too, now with that said, any single guys out there,lol ;D
Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

#13 SpiritsOfMd

SpiritsOfMd

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:A little 'bit of everything!

Posted 07 May 2003 - 04:41 PM

A WOMAN GETS THE JOB DONE

"The CIA had an opening for an assassin. After all of the background checks, interviews, and testing were done there were three finalists... Two men and a woman.

For the final test, the CIA agents took one of the men to a large metal door and handed him a gun.

'We must know that you will follow your instructions, no matter what the circumstances. Inside of this room, you will find your wife sitting in a chair. Kill Her!!!'

The man said, 'You can't be serious. I could never shoot my wife!' The agent said,'Then you're not the right man for this job.'

The second man was given the same instructions.

He took the gun and went into the room. All was quiet for about five minutes. Then the man came out with tears in his eyes.

'I tried, but I can't kill my wife.' The agent said, 'You don't have what it takes. Take your wife and go home.'

Finally, it was the woman's turn. She was given the same instructions, to kill her spouse.

She took the gun and went into the room. Shots were heard, one shot after another. They heard screaming, crashing, banging on the walls.

After a few minutes, all was quiet.

The door opened slowly and there stood the woman.

She wiped the sweat from her brow, and said, 'This gun is loaded with blanks. I had to beat him to death with the chair.'"

Thought it was cute ;D
[FONT=Courier][COLOR=blue]"EVEN IF YOUR ON THE RIGHT TRACK, IF YOU JUST SIT THERE YOU WILL STILL GET HIT"

#14 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 04:46 PM

Hi Willow,

I am sure that you did a good job on installing your flooring, but if a man had helped, you would have a GREAT Job!  *snickers*

<anxiously looks for a large rock to hide behind>

LMAO ;D ;D ;D ;D

#15 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 04:54 PM

Mrs.,

When you find out what works let me know....right now only severe sulking and a few flying objects (not orbs) will work for a short while, but then it also helps when I peel out of the driveway at about 60.  Then my husband will supervise the kids' chores.
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users