• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 s._maclennan

s._maclennan

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 12:25 AM

Here it is! Click on 'no logical explanation' on the bottom left under the picture of the security camera. Realplayer is required.

http://www.itv.com/news/1770758.html

#2 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 04:38 AM

Whah! Just what I wanted to see! I can't believe the video! Now that's freaky!
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#3 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,828 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 23 December 2003 - 05:30 AM

i saw it too, a bit unbelievable, but well..... if it was meant to be a hoax, it could have been made more realistic ;) spooky though!

Take my hand and we'll go riding through the sunshine from above

#4 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 23 December 2003 - 06:08 AM

The bluriness bothers me the most.  It is in all the right places.  Then I am also concerned about the fact that the "ghost" shuts one door (on our right) then shuts the other one.  Then he realizes that the doors have an overlapping plate on the one he closes first and that one needs to be closed last.  Then he goes back and shuts that one getting the doors closed.  If it were a ghost can you imagine the amount of energy that it would take in order to manifest itself like this in the first place and then go through all of this door closing.  My feeling is that it COULD be a fake based on this.[smiley=cwm1.gif]
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,828 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 07:22 AM

good observations krc, but if it were really meant to be a hoax, couldn;t ehy have done it more "realistic"? that is my question. well, not that I am believing it to be true, just WISH it was ;)

#6 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 23 December 2003 - 09:05 AM

But moon consider this....If it is too perfect that will raise even more skeptical questions.

I also believe that if it is a hoax and I am not saying that it isn't, they would have to doctor the video tape and what a wonderful way to cover it up.

Take a look at the ghost I captured on video.  That one is untouched and very real.  It is for sure NOT any kind of hoax.  That one is 100% real ghost video and I will be more than willing to subject it to any test ANY expert wants to run on it.

Here is the link!

http://www.ghostvill...;num=1072146161

Check this one out and see what you think Moon!
[smiley=cwm28.gif]

#7 UnkleBunny

UnkleBunny

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 09:20 PM

hmm... I do wish it was less choppy, but what can you ask from security tapes? now her's my take:
1. I think the blurriness is in fact rain.
2. what gets me, is the candidness of the image. as an experienced actor.. human nature would usually cause a person to look at the camera, or somehow make it know, they know the camera is there... now from what they show, the camera is in a fairly open place. the figure seems to show NO mind at all to the camera.
3. when the figure appears, take a close look, at the head placement.. it seems to be dipped forward, and down, and the motion seems to be rather sweeping. if it were a human, it would look awkward.
4. look closely at the top windows... there is no image in them, and by all appearances, they seem to be clear.
5, during the door closing, the figure seems to be turned AWAY from the doors.. most curious.

I am with KRC on this one.. can't say for sure, but to me, there's too much for it to be a fake.... I'd have to get some good vieo equipment, and really get into it, to know for sure.

#8 creepykat

creepykat

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 10:35 PM

I agree with alot of you guys,I can't see the image to well,the video was to blurry,it could be a fake,maybe it was done on purpose to bring in the tours,who knows..
creepykat

#9 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 24 December 2003 - 05:16 AM

I don't really think that the blur is caused by rain.  I have worked with these cameras for many years.  I also used to (way back) work in the optics fiels making lenses for such types of cameras, prisms, etc.  These lenses are coated with a gold (real) coating that makes them impervious to temperature changes, moisture, dust, etc.  This would be a clear image where the ghost is.  If it were rain, how come you can count the bricks above the door but it is only blurry where the "ghost" is?  I also think that if it is an actor, he/she can be told not to look at the camera.  The more I watch this video (and I have a lot), I become more skeptical of it. [smiley=cwm1.gif]

#10 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 24 December 2003 - 05:35 AM

I know what you mean about the bluriness KRC. It's only in the area where the ghost is. Also, the video seems to be edited, because if you look at the opening and closing of the doors, it is choppy, when the left door is closing, all of a sudden the right door is closed, and you didn't see it close like it skipped a frame. I don't know much about these surveillance cameras, if they take shots in sequences or if it is a continuous stream.

I think maybe if it was an actor, they then doctored the tape to make it look more ghostlike in some video editing program. Hence the bluriness. They blurred out some parts of the person to make them more vague.
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#11 UnkleBunny

UnkleBunny

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 29 December 2003 - 09:54 PM

it could be from the slow frame rate of the camera, but that blurriness, and the choppiness is rather troubling.... I so wish I could see it smoothly, and with some more high powered toys, so I can know for sure.

#12 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 08:13 PM

it's official,....I just saw this on another board,(http://pub132.ezboar...ittghosthunters) it's a hoax

http://sify.com/news...php?id=13347671
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#13 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 08:50 PM

Tis a shame but inevitable in dealing with the paranormal [smiley=cwm28.gif]
Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

Posted Image

#14 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,828 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 06:10 AM

[smiley=cwm4.gif] oh! those spooky hopes!

#15 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 06:56 AM

Oh well, I knew it!  The door thing bothered me from the very first time I saw it.  I knew it was a publicity stunt.  I am so sorry to see that people go to so much trouble to create false "captures".  I will get my ghost video link very soon on our web site and post a link to it.  Then you can all see an honest true capture of a ghost on video! ;D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users