save the old slave house!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
  • Interests:typical teenager...crazy, lazy, sarcastic chick with a lightning fast wit and temper. i am ALSIE GIRL! defender of truth, justice, and replacing the toliet paper roll!<br /><br /> seriously though. i like reading, writing, sleeping, rocking out, trying to find someone to sell my little sister to, and speech team.

Posted 16 April 2004 - 08:10 PM

recently, there's been talk here in the great hick state of illinois that the old slave house, one of the most haunted places in america, has a 95%chance of being torn down within the next few years. this is the only place in illinois where slavery legally existed, and while it is a reminder of the embarassment of slavery, it is a landmark for ghost hunters. someone out there besides me has to want to try and save the house.

http://www.prairiegh....com/slave.html for information on the haunting. the article is older, this issue has only come up in recent months. the old slave house is not going to be restored, more likely, it will be destroyed.  
A long, long time agoI can still rememberHow that music used to make me smileAnd I knew if I had my chanceThat I could make those people danceAnd maybe they'd be happy for a whileAmerican Pie, Don McLean~ carpe diem, seize the day, make your lives extraordinary.-dead poet's society i eat emo kids for breakfast. with french fried hash browns.

#2 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 04:14 PM

Welcome Alsie,

thanks for sharing, I removed the duplicate posts to make it a bit neater and easier for other villagers to discuss.
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users