The House On Haunted Hill

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Truegho

Truegho

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Writing my true ghost stories books, blogging, reading paranormal and horror books, writing short stories, collecting paranormal and horror blu rays.

Posted 08 August 2018 - 05:03 PM

Any fans of the Vincent Price movie The House On Haunted Hill here? I love this, as I think it is a real fun movie. Especially love the way Price sends himself up in his typical tongue-in-cheek style.

The remake was OK, as was the sequel Return To The Haunted Hill. However, as far as I am concerned, neither could quite capture the magic of the original movie. Price made that great too.

The remake was OK, but not as good as the original movie.

Truegho

Paranormal Author

www.alantoner.com

#2 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts
  • Interests:Am curious about almost anything . . .

Posted 10 August 2018 - 08:35 PM

Can't replace Vincent Price. That man - elegant, dark, deep voice -- he was made for such movies.

Eat, drink and be scary. ~Author Unknown

#3 Truegho

Truegho

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Writing my true ghost stories books, blogging, reading paranormal and horror books, writing short stories, collecting paranormal and horror blu rays.

Posted 11 August 2018 - 08:42 PM

Can't replace Vincent Price. That man - elegant, dark, deep voice -- he was made for such movies.

I totally agree. The horror movie genre is all the poorer without his presence.

Used to love Christopher Lee's voice too, especially when he spoke in the menacing, sepulchral tones of Dracula!

Truegho

Paranormal Author

www.alantoner.com

#4 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts
  • Interests:Am curious about almost anything . . .

Posted 13 August 2018 - 08:26 PM

Christopher Lee - he was definitely another legend in the genre (and others, too).

Eat, drink and be scary. ~Author Unknown

#5 Truegho

Truegho

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 09:53 PM

Christopher Lee - he was definitely another legend in the genre (and others, too).

You can say that again! The man had such an awesome screen presence. A real character actor, the like of which we sadly don't see anymore.

Truegho

Paranormal Author

www.alantoner.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users