It's Cancer

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Night Star

Night Star

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, animals, reading, music, dragons, fairies, elves, being creative...

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:42 PM

I have been recently diagnosed with breast cancer. It has been a whirlwind of tests and doctor's appointments. :P
Posted Image

#2 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:38 PM

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers night... I'm sorry to hear the news.
Lex
Love life.

#3 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts
  • Interests:Tarot, gardening, hiking, Victorian literature, cats, European travel

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:24 AM

I have been recently diagnosed with breast cancer. It has been a whirlwind of tests and doctor's appointments. :P

My sympathies. My aunt went through that many years ago and has been in remission for almost as many years. She's 73 now and in fine shape. I hope it works out for you.

Carlotta
Who owns the land? Only the land knows. We mortals are passersby, and our lives are but a brief moment in the great span of time and space. We are born, we live out our lives, and most of us do the best we can with it, but the wind is forever, and the rivers flow forever to the sea, and all the seasons of the weathers will come and go after we are gone. But the Earth endures, the Earth is eternal" - Earl Hamner

#4 Night Star

Night Star

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, animals, reading, music, dragons, fairies, elves, being creative...

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:16 AM

Thanks so much!!!!!
Posted Image

#5 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Art, Paganism, Animals

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:44 AM

My prayers are with you. It is never easy to hear about a cancer diagnosis.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:12 AM

My heart goes out to you. My sister-in-law and a good friend both battled this disease. Make sure you follow your dr.'s instructions, eat healthy, and stay connected to those people who love you, as a good support network does wonders. I will include you in my prayers and send healing energies your way. Think positive!
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#7 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,387 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:10 PM

Sending healing vibes and prayers for ya!
Posted Image

#8 Night Star

Night Star

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:04 PM

Thanks so much everyone!!!!!! A special hello to my old friend Moonie!!
I get an injection of dye tomorrow at 10:0clock and then a bone scan at 1:oclock at the hospital. More doctors appointments, then a port put in me for the up-coming chemo treatments.

I have already had 6 kinds of tests, two were repeats, and one was like torture! sigh...
Posted Image

#9 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 27 July 2011 - 05:53 PM

I hope for the best for you!
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#10 Night Star

Night Star

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:31 PM

Thanks!
I will be radio active for a couple of days. Injection was at 10am and scan was at 1. Had lunch at the hospital in between. More appointments coming up!
Posted Image

#11 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 30 July 2011 - 01:39 PM

What was the name of the scan you had? Octreotide scan? There are several that are like that... I had a couple of them five years ago when we thought I had a pheochromocytoma (benign tumor on your adrenel gland that secretes adreneline). Wait until you start peeing orange... I remember how much that shocked me after my first time in nuclear medicine (for a hida scan in 2001).
I know that none of this any fun for you... I'm holding you close and keeping you in my thoughts. Here's to hoping that soon enough this will all just be a horrible memory.
Love life.

#12 Flormarina

Flormarina

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Interests:I love poetry, and photography, music and oil painting, in general I love nature, with all its splendour and glory. The paranormal has been one of my favourites hobbies.

Posted 30 July 2011 - 04:38 PM

I have been recently diagnosed with breast cancer. It has been a whirlwind of tests and doctor's appointments. :)

So sorry to hear that, it must be so hard, I will be praying for you...((Hugs))
Posted ImageFlormarinaIf you got something to tell the world, write a book....

#13 Night Star

Night Star

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 06:10 PM

Thanks so much!

If this isn't bad enough, I found my Mom passed out cold on the floor Friday night and had to call an ambulance. She was un-responsive for a while. I just cried and cried. She is doing better now and may come home tomorrow or the day after.

I live in the apartment above hers and had heard a thump! I ran downstairs and found her lying there on the floor. She looked dead and felt cold. It was a hot day. I knew she hadn't been feeling well and has been worried sick over me. I usually check on her more when she isn't feeling well, but I had spent hours out of town in providence, first getting an injection at 10am and then a few hours later a bone scan. I spent a short time with her and around 3 oclock I was just so fatigued, I went upsatirs and fell asleep until 8pm! Luckily I was up and sitting at my computer and heard her fall.

She needed a blood transfusion as her blood count was too low. She also has irregular heartbeats at times and she was reatining water. She is 87. I was so scared and sad that night I couldn't stop crying. My sister was away in colorado visiting her son, my eldest brother lives in north (or is south?) carolina, and my other brother lives an hour and a half away. Thank God my neice was just getting home from work and she was comforting me while they took her away and took me to the hospital to see Mom.

I spent so many years in emergency mode. It was always either my Father, Mother, or Husband. My father passed away a few years ago. It's like there is no end, something always happening to someone. I don't know what I'm going to do when I start my chemo and feel weak and tired and crappy. They just upped one of my husbands pills and he sometimes has bad reactions when they do that. sigh...
Posted Image

#14 Flormarina

Flormarina

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Interests:I love poetry, and photography, music and oil painting, in general I love nature, with all its splendour and glory. The paranormal has been one of my favourites hobbies.

Posted 30 July 2011 - 07:24 PM

Thanks so much!

If this isn't bad enough, I found my Mom passed out cold on the floor Friday night and had to call an ambulance. She was un-responsive for a while. I just cried and cried. She is doing better now and may come home tomorrow or the day after.

I live in the apartment above hers and had heard a thump! I ran downstairs and found her lying there on the floor. She looked dead and felt cold. It was a hot day. I knew she hadn't been feeling well and has been worried sick over me. I usually check on her more when she isn't feeling well, but I had spent hours out of town in providence, first getting an injection at 10am and then a few hours later a bone scan. I spent a short time with her and around 3 oclock I was just so fatigued, I went upsatirs and fell asleep until 8pm! Luckily I was up and sitting at my computer and heard her fall.

She needed a blood transfusion as her blood count was too low. She also has irregular heartbeats at times and she was reatining water. She is 87. I was so scared and sad that night I couldn't stop crying. My sister was away in colorado visiting her son, my eldest brother lives in north (or is south?) carolina, and my other brother lives an hour and a half away. Thank God my neice was just getting home from work and she was comforting me while they took her away and took me to the hospital to see Mom.

I spent so many years in emergency mode. It was always either my Father, Mother, or Husband. My father passed away a few years ago. It's like there is no end, something always happening to someone. I don't know what I'm going to do when I start my chemo and feel weak and tired and crappy. They just upped one of my husbands pills and he sometimes has bad reactions when they do that. sigh...

it is nice that you live so close to your mom, I can imagine how she relies on you and also worries about you... but that's was good that you were there to find her and take her to the hospital, and be with her.. Glad to hear that she is doing much better.

I hope you have a close friend or a relative that can help you and be with you has you go through chemo and to help you face your fears, and also help you with mom. I feel for you and I will be praying for you, just donīt lose your faith... I am sure you can count with many people to talk to here in this place I had found some of my best contacts and friends in this website.

well, wishing you well, take one day at a time.

(((HUGS and Prayers for you and mom)))
Posted ImageFlormarinaIf you got something to tell the world, write a book....

#15 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 08:22 PM

Hugs Night...

Sounds like maybe your mom had some heat stroke? I'm glad that she is going to be okay. That must've been so scary for you to find her on the floor totally out cold.

Like Flor said you have your entire GV family standing behind you.

We all love you Night!
Love life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users