Haunted Texas Train Tracks

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 LOVE

LOVE

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 05:07 PM

Hello everybody. I'm new here. My name is Jessica but everyone calls me Love.

Well now that that's out of the way, I was wondering has anyone heard the stories of the haunted train tracks in San Antonio, Tx?
(A good version of the story can be found at http://paranormal.ab.../aa031201a.htm)

I live in San Antonio and my husband and I are just now starting to attempt to get serious with our ghost hunting. We've been to the tracks more times than I can count on both hands. It's true that if you stop your car a few feet from the train tracks it will move on it's own seemingly up hill and across the train tracks. We've done this many times trying to figure out why it would move and how we could prove that it's the paranormal causing this to happen and not that it's just a magnetic field or anything like that. We've done what most people suggest and put baby powder on the back of our car in hopes of seeing tiny hand prints on the trunk to confirm the pushing... but have come up with nothing. We've also taken a digital camera and taken many pictures out there and some do have a few orbs but seeing as it's all outside it's hard not to just debunk those as dust particles. We also have an EVP recorder which we've taken out there as well and got back nothing. Is there anything else anyone can think of that we could do even to DISPROVE the theory of paranormal at this particular site? It's become sort of an obsession of ours.

#2 PHANTOM MONK

PHANTOM MONK

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Interests:Trying to recall what I did wrong back in 2009 and why folks just can't get over it...

Posted 01 August 2009 - 08:06 PM

Hello everybody. I'm new here. My name is Jessica but everyone calls me Love.

Well now that that's out of the way, I was wondering has anyone heard the stories of the haunted train tracks in San Antonio, Tx?
(A good version of the story can be found at http://paranormal.ab.../aa031201a.htm)

I live in San Antonio and my husband and I are just now starting to attempt to get serious with our ghost hunting. We've been to the tracks more times than I can count on both hands. It's true that if you stop your car a few feet from the train tracks it will move on it's own seemingly up hill and across the train tracks. We've done this many times trying to figure out why it would move and how we could prove that it's the paranormal causing this to happen and not that it's just a magnetic field or anything like that. We've done what most people suggest and put baby powder on the back of our car in hopes of seeing tiny hand prints on the trunk to confirm the pushing... but have come up with nothing. We've also taken a digital camera and taken many pictures out there and some do have a few orbs but seeing as it's all outside it's hard not to just debunk those as dust particles. We also have an EVP recorder which we've taken out there as well and got back nothing. Is there anything else anyone can think of that we could do even to DISPROVE the theory of paranormal at this particular site? It's become sort of an obsession of ours.

Thanks for sharing the story and welcome. Hope you enjoy your stay with us. Likeable group. Pretty new here myself. :clap:

Nice to be back. Wonder who I made "ill" with me back in 2009...at 67 am lucky to recall what I had for dinner 2 days ago. Guess some folks will have to explain it to me as I have no clue.

#3 Haunting Research

Haunting Research

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigations of course! I am also a scuba diver and love to go fishing and four wheeling!

Posted 02 August 2009 - 12:40 AM

I have seen this story before. If I remember right, it appears to be up hill but when it was surveyed it is actually a downward grade to it. It is an optical illusion. I also believe that this is the place where a school bus was hit by a train at this crossing. It is said that hand prints appear on the trunks of cars too right? If so, the explanation for this was oils in people's hands being on the trunk and then the dust from the dirt road sticking to it and causing the hand prints. If this is the correct location I do believe that it has already been debunked. If it is a different location, I apologize for getting the wrong crossing.
Posted Image

#4 traveller

traveller

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:history reincarnation and past lives givng a helping hand

Posted 02 August 2009 - 08:49 PM

i heard this story but for another state. have to go and find where else it is but like haunting research said its always a illusion. id like to go to a place like that to see for myself tho.

#5 LOVE

LOVE

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 10:45 PM

i heard this story but for another state. have to go and find where else it is but like haunting research said its always a illusion. id like to go to a place like that to see for myself tho.

Yes it seems there have been many similar stories but this one I know has some hard evidence of actually being true. At least it is known that there really was a bus hit by a train on the train tracks anyway. Also, all the streets in the neighborhood around the track have been named, so they say, after the kids that died. Which could be true... all the street names are actually names.

I do believe there has been talk of it having been debunked as well but I would like to know for sure... on my own. I just wouldn't know how to go about proving the optical illusion theory either. As for the trunk and oily hands theory.. that I believe! I want more solid proof than "could be" hand prints anyway, ya know?

This "haunted" site just really sparks my interest. We have been to a few other places in town numerous times as well... but none as often as the train tracks.

#6 Haunting Research

Haunting Research

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigations of course! I am also a scuba diver and love to go fishing and four wheeling!

Posted 02 August 2009 - 11:12 PM

When I saw it debunked it also including a survey team to determine the grade at the tracks. I think that most stories like this include a great deal of optical illusion.
Posted Image

#7 PHANTOM MONK

PHANTOM MONK

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Interests:Trying to recall what I did wrong back in 2009 and why folks just can't get over it...

Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:43 PM

Had a chance to do some research on the topic and it was very interesting. So far, no one has come up with something convincing explanations.

Nice to be back. Wonder who I made "ill" with me back in 2009...at 67 am lucky to recall what I had for dinner 2 days ago. Guess some folks will have to explain it to me as I have no clue.

#8 LOVE

LOVE

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 10:40 PM

Interesting indeed...

Haunting Research, do you remember where you saw this debunked? Or somewhere I might be able to find the information? I promise it's not that I don't believe you...haha. I just would like to see for myself to better visualize the solution. :ghost:

#9 Haunting Research

Haunting Research

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 10:28 AM

Interesting indeed...

Haunting Research, do you remember where you saw this debunked? Or somewhere I might be able to find the information? I promise it's not that I don't believe you...haha. I just would like to see for myself to better visualize the solution. :weeee:

I honestly don't remember where I saw it but it was on a television show that brought out a survey team. Like I said, there are many stories like this and this may not even be the same one. The one that I did see thought was an optical illusion and I don't doubt that it can happen in more than one place. The only thing that I remember about the story besides the debunking was that a school bus with kids on it was hit at the crossing years ago and many of them died. The story goes that the kids are who pushes you onto the tracks if you leave your car in neutral. Sorry I don't remember if this is the same one or not.
Posted Image

#10 LOVE

LOVE

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 08:14 AM

Oh okay, Haunting Research. It sounds like it's the same story. Thank you!

#11 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 08:02 AM

I have seen this story before. If I remember right, it appears to be up hill but when it was surveyed it is actually a downward grade to it. It is an optical illusion.

I'd like to visit one of these places just to try it out.

Whatever

#12 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 06 August 2009 - 10:13 AM

I bet I saw the same program, Haunting Research. I believe it was on one of the Discovery channels or similar. It was showing various stories like this one, and a team went to the sites and looked at all the possible explanations for how the legend started and if there was anything to them. I wish I could remember more, but it's one of those shows that pops up in re-runs every so often.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#13 LOVE

LOVE

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 11:17 PM

So I have a bit of an update.. though nothing new other than my own confirmation. Turns out Haunting Research is very right. I decided to stop being lazy and do a bit of my own "haunting research" (haha) and found a book about Haunted San Antonio which includes this story.. and also debunks it. It IS a downhill slope and it IS assumed that the hand prints are your own. Also this book claims that despite evidence to the contrary no bus ever crashed on the tracks there... and the names of the roads are names of the grandchildren of the man who built the subdivision. Bummer but at least no more time will be wasted at that location.. Moving on to the next! Any ideas? :D Haha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users