18 replies to this topic

#16 lamfgirl

lamfgirl

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 01:28 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and I'd love to get involved. I have lived at "The Mayfair" in Hollywood, California for a few months and would love to find out how to investigate it. The residents here like to talk about how they've seen ghosts in the building, and I'm hoping to see one. They talk about windows opening by themselves, sounds of screaming children. Evidently the basement is haunted as residents have claimed to have seen ghosts down there. Some residents say they will never go down there again. The laundry and work out room is down there, and surprisingly it is hardly ever used. People also say that Carol Burnett grew up in this building and that her mother lived in the buidling across the street, "The Lido". (In The Lido's lobby is where they filmed "Hotel California.")

Anyways, I am a tough one to convince, but I am very open minded about encountering ghosts. I just stayed on the Queen Mary this past weekend, in the King James Suite, and nothing happened.

The only weird thing that has occurred in my apartment is that some mornings, it smells like a foreign type of cuisine in the bedroom. The apartment beneath me has the same floor plan, and I'm on the top floor, so I am bewildered. This only happens a couple of days out of the week at best.

Oh well, anyways...I'd love to join the group!
Have a great day,

Amy

Awesome! I work at Sunset & Cahuenga!! (and live in Burbank) Are we getting this together or what???
Victoria

#17 spooksareus

spooksareus

Graceful leader of men who harvests wheat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking & baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting & open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 03 February 2006 - 01:32 PM

yes indeed Vic, we are! :headbang:

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#18 amyg

amyg

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 05:14 PM

yes indeed Vic, we are! :Spaz:

Cool! I am very excited, I'm going to e-mail spooks now. I would love to join the group and have a blast seeking out ghostly places in So Cal.

Amy :whee:

#19 spooksareus

spooksareus

Graceful leader of men who harvests wheat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking & baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting & open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 03 February 2006 - 05:53 PM

Gotcha Amy! :Spaz:

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users