• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 mastermind73

mastermind73

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 15 November 2003 - 08:24 PM

I once saw a documentary about it where they caused a model ship to sink by releasing gas from beneath the bottom of the tank that it was in, thereby decreasing the bouyancy of the ship in the water.  They also said people getting lost and instruments going haywire in there were caused by electromagnetic fields.  I don't know if I believe anything paranormal happens there... maybe so.  But personally I bet that if you went there on the right day at the right time your EMF detector would go crazy.  LOL
"If dreams are like movies, Then memories are films about ghosts.You can never escape, you can only move south down the coast.""Don't you remember when we were young, and we wanted to set the world on fire?'Cause I still am, and I still do."

• Guests

Posted 17 November 2003 - 03:17 AM

There are worse places on earth, some places in Alaska for instance.

St. Elmos fire is when static electricity creates a spark when causes a fire in the fuel system. Thats what "supposedly" took down TWA Flight 800.

#18 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 17 November 2003 - 03:45 PM

As an avid reader of the NTSB I can actually testify that St. Elmo's Fire is not what caused the 'spark'.  There was a leak in the center tank and there was only about 30 lbs. of Jet A in that tank and Jet A doesn't ignite as easily as regular car gas.  
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users