Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

A Ghost In The White House

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 07:47 AM

A few years ago, Martin was reading David McCullough's book Truman, and a photo of construction in the White House caught his eye. It was taken during remodeling around 1950 by National Parks Service photographer Abbie Rowe. The apparent apparition is clear and startling. Compared to the other men in the photo, its size scale is accurate.

Mysterytopia Article w/pics

Posted Image

Posted Image
Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

Posted Image

#2 cia_says77

cia_says77

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Computers, reading, writing poetry and songs, knitting, crochet, and of course the paranormal

Posted 22 August 2008 - 07:57 AM

WOW! Thanks Willow! They say there are some ghosts in the White House, but I've never seen pictures. That's neat!

#3 balo

balo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 08:55 AM

I'm hoping it's a ghost....but thenm again it might be one of those exposure issues. If it is real I wonder who it might be.

#4 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 22 August 2008 - 08:57 AM

~Iam just fascinated with things such as this...thank you Willow for sharing!!!!!
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#5 Mustang

Mustang

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 07:58 PM

Interesting pic. It looks like a young man standing firm on the ground in a stance with his arms folded in front of him.

#6 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 13 September 2008 - 08:22 PM

Great shot, thanks for sharing it with us!
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#7 Irish614

Irish614

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Interests:Music! I live for music, I love making it and when i'm not making it im thinking of new ways to play it haha. Also am very intouch with my surroundings believe in ghosts and spirits, and that when you die a violent death I believe your trapped here until your set free, Not a believer in god but i do believe there is something out there.<br /><br />Check out my bands website- www.losttransit.com

Posted 14 September 2008 - 11:45 AM

that is awesome.
"And Shepherds we shall beFor thee, my Lord, for thee.Power hath descended forth from Thy handOur feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.So we shall flow a river forth to TheeAnd teeming with souls shall it ever be.In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."Posted Image

#8 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 14 September 2008 - 01:47 PM

Hmmmm not sure on this one.

But sure looks impressive !!

#9 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 05:29 PM

Maybe this is someone who died on site during construction and hasn't moved on....still reporting for duty...lol!

Whatever

#10 Irish614

Irish614

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Interests:Music! I live for music, I love making it and when i'm not making it im thinking of new ways to play it haha. Also am very intouch with my surroundings believe in ghosts and spirits, and that when you die a violent death I believe your trapped here until your set free, Not a believer in god but i do believe there is something out there.<br /><br />Check out my bands website- www.losttransit.com

Posted 16 September 2008 - 02:50 PM

Maybe this is someone who died on site during construction and hasn't moved on....still reporting for duty...lol!

Imagine how peeved hes going to be when he doesn't get paid! :)
"And Shepherds we shall beFor thee, my Lord, for thee.Power hath descended forth from Thy handOur feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.So we shall flow a river forth to TheeAnd teeming with souls shall it ever be.In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."Posted Image

#11 Atropa belladonna

Atropa belladonna

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests and hobbies. <br />I have enjoyed White Water Rafting down the Penobscot River, Dead River and Kennebec River all on several occasions, Hiking in the White Mountains, Camping, Taking Photographs, watching the horse pull's at Fryeburg Fair, Canning, Sewing, Scrap Booking, Fly Tying, My Artwork........<br /><br />Over the last few years; I have added vegetable gardening, to the job of getting my property back into shape. (it is amazing how well vegetable's mix into a flower garden)<br /><br />I love reading ghost stories and seeing programs on the paranormal.<br />My experiences with the paranormal began when I was still an infant and have continued to this day.

Posted 16 September 2008 - 04:25 PM

I've got a question.
If this had been a modern photograph someone would have already chimed in with "matrix affect". Why hasn't that happen now?

What is the difference between an image this old, and one posted by Redhead

I was at a conference this past weekend. We had a chance to go on an investigation on Saturday after the presentations. One of the locations we were at was the cellar of the restored general store. One of the presenters is in this shot - she had seen a dog appear shortly after I took this.

Posted Image

Posted Image
I can clearly see the dog.

To me they are both convincing photographs.

Who is to say the "matrix affect" isn't how a sprit chooses to manifest in a photograph.

Just a thought.

Time exists so everything doesn't happen at once.Space exists so everything doesn't happen to you.*

Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead.*-- Scottish Proverb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users