• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#16 sandi

sandi

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 05:29 PM

WOW !

I can appreciate your honesty and opinion, as this is what makes the world go round.
I can honestly say that I too, have seen some cold readings infact, I choose not to go to mediums/psychics , I choose to trust my self and my instinct. I also have seen some tremendous healing being done by mediums, Some of the most painful emotions people experience is the lost of a loved one. I have witnessed myself the healing and release people have when they hear a message or just a validation from a loved one who has crossed. However the message comes accross :meditating or however mediums communicate. what more kind of proof do you need, that this ability does exist?. Yes there are mediums who are not true to there path. As so in other paths people take. Doctors, lawyers, priest, lots of postions are jeapordized each day by bad seeds per say in the bunch. But becasuse of this, You choose to assume mediumship does not truly exist is sad. Unfortunately there are people who take you for your money and take advatage of vulnerable people. Not all of us are that way. I am 40 years old I have had this gift since I was a child. I do not charge for my gift, but I can truly tell you I have helped so many people. So I have seen the proof! I don't do this for money, i do it because of the rewarding feeling it is to give someone peace. I would say I am a spiritual counselor. I have researched many religions, became a nurse for quite sometime, and now home school and enjoy helping people, I can truly say that this is most satisfying in life helping people. my daughter even has this gift. she tends to give warnings to friends and neighbors about brake problems little things like this. so in sharing my opinion , I do hope that you will be touched one day to see there is truth in communication with the otherside. sandi

My own personal experiences of Psychics/Mediums or whatever other title they choose to use is not a positive one.

I know I sound like a broken record but as yet communication with the spirit world is an unproven entity.

It's important that people understand the scale of what is being discussed - that is, we are saying that there is a possibility that a living human being actually mediates between this world and the next; communicating with those that have past.

That's some claim, and one that deserves more than hearsay, probability and faith.

Cold reading is a classic method used by most if not all Mediums, I can't possibly say they are all fake, but until I actually see or hear of the real thing my gut instinct is to be skeptical. The techniques used in cold reading often leave the subject stunned at what has been said, for many it's proof positive that the medium has indeed spoken/communicated with their family member.

Sadly this is not the case, they have merely been duped or conned in to thinking the individual in question is a genuine Medium. That's not to say they all cold read, there are many techniques in circulation, each equally effective.

So when people discuss an individual who often gives stunning information it doesn't prove their credibility. The facts speak for themselves, as yet not one living individual has ever proven to any degree that they speak with the dead. 

Those that have faith in Mediums do so with faith alone and not proof. As I said, a good reading does not make for a psychic. Being faithful is one thing, but to truly believe in a Medium with no proof is not something I would ever do.

I wish the facts didn't point to this, but sadly they do.

I will expand on this later, I have spent time with a Medium and recorded his shows with a view to building a picture that would lead me to a conclusion, but as I said before, it only explains this one Medium, not all of them. I can't say they are all fake, but I strongly suspect they are either fake, dellusional or simply mistaken.

I hope my comments don't offend as they are my honest thoughts and are not intended to dampen or dent other people's beliefs.

I fully respect each and everyone of you who chooses to believe in Mediums, all I would ask is for you to take a step back and weigh up the evidence from an unbiassed point of view.

I would love to hear you thoughts on my comments.

Cheers...

phen

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#17 ginger_sweazy82

ginger_sweazy82

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:I like to help people cope with their loss of a loved one, If I can help feel free to im or pm me if u want. I do free physic medium readings . thanks help comes in diff ways, a friend to talk to, a friend to know where u are coming from or even a friend thats there for you. ARE you a friend?

Posted 20 November 2005 - 10:05 PM

Well i think there are a few fakes out there thats for sure. I good one wont charge, I don't charge what so ever. Help should be free. Im a medium. I start a while ago. i have never done one in person. I have only dont one over the phone and that one was the only one that had its up and downs too it. I only do it on the internet over a messanger. I can't see the other person and I know nothing about them. (( people say u can read faces or see birthstones or what not )) well u can't if its over the internet. lol. When i say I know nothing about them. people say o u can just go look up their post. Heres the thing about that. I see and talk with dead sprites they show me pictures and names and what not. Now the things I tell the person wanting to reading. Won't be on any post they wrote or anything of the kind. the things i have said in a reading like here's one. there was a reading where this man told no one this. But his mother would sit in frount on the sick and cry and talk to a sprite. (( the sprite was telling me this and that he was who she was talking to )) she asked him a few questions. I dont know what they were. But the sprite told me the answers and to tell him so that when he sees his mom he can tell her

after a week i asked him what she had asked their were 2 questions
the answers were

in the back behind the dresser under a book
the other was yes i do

the questions were

where is my jewelry that I lost
and the other was
is that u siting on the bed

just thought i would put my point in thanks I have a topic if any one wants to check it out about my readings just look at my name and hit my tpoics the one that says IM a medium and today i got ESP thanks

#18 Markway

Markway

Can dowse the moon everytime that it's full!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 24 November 2005 - 07:20 PM

I have had a long and checkered career in the paranormal world. I don't watch television, I don't read People magazine. My read on modern media comes largely from what I see at the checkout line.

During my time in action I encountered plenty of phonies, some who realized their lack and pretended to abilities that they didn't posess, and some who were self deceived.

On the other hand I have encountered psychic experiences reported by almost everyone I have known. In addition, I have seen two prominent psychic types. One, familiar from GV, I've come to call Natural Mediums, the second are Active Psychics, and are much rarer. If I had the desire, was assured of an interested audience, and posessed Bob's typing speed, I'd describe these two types, but...
Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
This much let me avow---
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream:
Yet if hope has flown away In a night,
Or in a day, In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

#19 ginger_sweazy82

ginger_sweazy82

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:I like to help people cope with their loss of a loved one, If I can help feel free to im or pm me if u want. I do free physic medium readings . thanks help comes in diff ways, a friend to talk to, a friend to know where u are coming from or even a friend thats there for you. ARE you a friend?

Posted 25 November 2005 - 12:45 AM

I have had a long and checkered career in the paranormal world. I don't watch television, I don't read People magazine.  My read on modern media comes largely from what I see at the checkout line.

During my time in action I encountered plenty of phonies, some who realized their lack and pretended to abilities that they didn't posess, and some who were self deceived.

On the other hand I have encountered psychic experiences reported by almost everyone I have known.  In addition, I have seen two prominent psychic types.  One, familiar from GV, I've come to call Natural Mediums, the second are Active Psychics, and are much rarer.  If I had the desire, was assured of an interested audience, and posessed Bob's typing speed, I'd describe these two types, but...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry I just got lost on what u just said ? COuld u explain that one again sorry this
part i mean

One, familiar from GV, I've come to call Natural Mediums, the second are Active Psychics, and are much rarer.

Edited by ginger_sweazy82, 25 November 2005 - 12:46 AM.

#20 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 25 November 2005 - 04:14 PM

Explanation of two terms used in previous post, i.e., "Natural Medium", and "Active Psychic".

Apologies, the consequence of a 19th century style upbringing, and Norwegian grandmothers. :D

When ghosthunting your investigations, in my opinion, should include two specialities, and some sort of moderator. In short you need an "Active Psychic", and a techie. The techie uses the cameras, mercury bowls, ball bearings, emf detectors, tape recorders etc. Your A.S. is a person who can actually hear and see into the supernatural to a greater or lessor degree. What is more, an A.S. has some control of this ability. Some A.S. , no, many have had past life experiences, visions, miracles. If you were to listen to what they say you might be inclined to lock them up, but when you are present for a demonstration skepticism falls away fast. What used to scare me about these folks is that they are sometimes capable of effects associatted with witchcraft.

The Natural Mediums are more common. At least some of these folks, I suspect, are capable of becoming Active, something I never had the opportunity to check into. It would probably involve an Active doing the training.

N.M.'s are sensitive to the presence of supernatural beings, but often cannot see them, at least not on a regular basis. N.M.'s appear to give off etheric energy which attracts the dead and sometimes other things as well, (read, Poltergeists). It can be dangerous for an NM to visit haunted locations as they are often followed home. NM's have a lot more contact with the dead than most. I've asked myself why this is so. And knowing a few of these people, I have been led to the conclusion that they are both energy sources and a hope for communication. Most Naturals have no idea what's happening to them. "Out of the blue" they are afflicted with an unwelcome presence. When interviewing them however, you soon find that they have had some pretty strange experiences their whole life.

So there it is. Putting this out on the Skeptic's page where most readers deny the existence of any afterlife is like walking along the redlight district playing with hundred dollar bills.
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#21 jacsmith_xxx

jacsmith_xxx

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 11:27 PM

WOW ! 

I can appreciate your honesty and opinion, as this is what makes the world go round.
I can honestly say that I too, have seen some cold readings infact, I choose not to go to mediums/psychics , I choose to trust my self and my instinct. I also have seen some tremendous healing being done by mediums,  Some of  the most painful emotions people experience is the lost of a loved one. I have witnessed myself the healing and release people have when they hear a message or just a validation from a loved one who has crossed. However the message comes accross :meditating or however mediums communicate.  what more kind of proof do you need, that this ability does exist?.  Yes there are mediums who are not true to there path. As so in other paths people take. Doctors, lawyers, priest, lots of postions are jeapordized each day by bad seeds per say in the bunch. But becasuse of this, You choose to assume mediumship does not truly exist is sad. Unfortunately there are people who take you for your money and take advatage of vulnerable people. Not all of us are that way. I am 40 years old  I have had this gift since I was a child. I do not charge for my gift, but I can truly tell you I have helped so many people. So I have seen the proof! I don't do this for money, i do it because of the rewarding feeling it is to give someone peace. I would say I am a spiritual counselor. I have researched many religions, became a nurse for quite sometime, and now home school and enjoy helping people, I can truly say that this is most satisfying in life helping people. my daughter even has this gift. she tends to give warnings to friends and neighbors about brake problems little things like this. so in sharing my opinion , I do hope that you will be touched  one day to see there is truth in communication with the otherside. sandi 

My own personal experiences of Psychics/Mediums or whatever other title they choose to use is not a positive one.

I know I sound like a broken record but as yet communication with the spirit world is an unproven entity.

It's important that people understand the scale of what is being discussed - that is, we are saying that there is a possibility that a living human being actually mediates between this world and the next; communicating with those that have past.

That's some claim, and one that deserves more than hearsay, probability and faith.

Cold reading is a classic method used by most if not all Mediums, I can't possibly say they are all fake, but until I actually see or hear of the real thing my gut instinct is to be skeptical. The techniques used in cold reading often leave the subject stunned at what has been said, for many it's proof positive that the medium has indeed spoken/communicated with their family member.

Sadly this is not the case, they have merely been duped or conned in to thinking the individual in question is a genuine Medium. That's not to say they all cold read, there are many techniques in circulation, each equally effective.

So when people discuss an individual who often gives stunning information it doesn't prove their credibility. The facts speak for themselves, as yet not one living individual has ever proven to any degree that they speak with the dead. 

Those that have faith in Mediums do so with faith alone and not proof. As I said, a good reading does not make for a psychic. Being faithful is one thing, but to truly believe in a Medium with no proof is not something I would ever do.

I will expand on this later, I have spent time with a Medium and recorded his shows with a view to building a picture that would lead me to a conclusion, but as I said before, it only explains this one Medium, not all of them. I can't say they are all fake, but I strongly suspect they are either fake, dellusional or simply mistaken.

I hope my comments don't offend as they are my honest thoughts and are not intended to dampen or dent other people's beliefs.

I fully respect each and everyone of you who chooses to believe in Mediums, all I would ask is for you to take a step back and weigh up the evidence from an unbiassed point of view.

Cheers...

phen

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

if you want to know how good ginger was with my reading Ask me .At least 95 percent accurate . i even had to go find my family history to verify the names, places,dates, uniforms, occupation, she told me ,, she was correct when she told me and i told her at the reading,i do not know your was talking about lol , i thought she was wrong lol .She insisted on the day she was correct and she was thank you Ginger

#22 ginger_sweazy82

ginger_sweazy82

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 02:30 PM

Cheers...

phen

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Every one has their own mind set up on how physic's work, thats just the way it is. But to change your mind is another thing, people that dont beleave become belevers too. To the people that have a guard up about it . Think about this. Have you ever seen in your hands a million dollars? In your hands ? Not many have . BUT Just cause you havent see it. Doesn't mean, its not real. this was just a a little test lol have a great day

#23 Phantom8

Phantom8

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 07:09 AM

I couldn't agree more with you. I've seen the the 'British' guy and I'm not impressed at all!

My parents were spiritualists, my mother is still good at psychometry and my father was good as a medium but has now passed on.

They appeared on television a few times but that was only because there was interest in them and they were 'invited! They helped a lot of people!

My father argued I have similar abilities, if that is so, I would rather help someone annonymously and in private, to me, that feels right!

I personaly hate to see or hear of people suffering, if I can impart some energy to relieve some, that's a hell of a buzz. That's all I need!

I wonder if anyone has had a 'refund' on a faulty reading that they've paid an enormous amount for? lol ''Let the buyer beware'' lol

As a last point I do not intend to offend anyone with the previous comments, I know how important it is in some peoples lives to look for hope in a posistive reading. I'm not that insensitive!

Phantom8

#24 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 01:21 PM

I would rather help someone annonymously and in private, to me, that feels right! 

I wonder if anyone has had a 'refund' on a faulty reading that they've paid an enormous amount for?  lol  ''Let the buyer beware'' lol

Phantom8

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not all psychics are so high-minded as yourself. This is no big quibble, but the record is filled with psychics who used their power sefishly. I rarely worked for free, why should a psychic do more? Even Jesus asked people to sin no more, or to have faith. In a perfect world, we would all give according to our abilities, and receive (and be content) , according to our needs. We're a long way from there.
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#25 Anarchy_Alternative

Anarchy_Alternative

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 11:10 PM

I don't believe in any of that crap. Come on, now!

I see psychics on various media outlets, predicting the future or claiming to know where a murder victim is. It's rare that they say anything specific, and what they do say doesn't seem like anything more than educated guesswork. Whenever it gets TOO specific they are always wrong.

And the psychics I've seen detecting ghosts and so on, at least on TV, are pretty funny to me.

Personally I don't know what would scare me more... a psychic who was a charlatan or a psychic who actually believed 100% that what she was doing was paranormal. For me a psychic, along with most of their ilk, are people who are insecure in real life and want to convince themselves and others that they are capable of doing things that are impossible to the normal person.

#26 spooksareus

spooksareus

Graceful leader of men who harvests wheat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking &amp; baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting &amp; open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 03 December 2005 - 12:12 AM

:duel:
.............. :D

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#27 Phantom8

Phantom8

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 09:28 AM

I pesrsonally would not claim to be a psychic. If I 'considered' I had the ability, I would keep it to myself, I would be definately wasting time in proving it to a sceptic, jumping through hoops and things just to convince and apease them.

No sorry that's not me. I've seen an heard things and I share them. If a sceptic wishes to 'blow off steam' ranting, raving and saying deeply intelligent words like 'crap' so be it. I particularly don't care!

I will agree there are a lot of charletons at work, once uncovered, simply avoid them! They can harm all the efforts of those that 'have' and 'are' doing good!

I will also agree that some people only get tantalising glimpses of the future which could be considered as 'educated guesses'! Some of these glimpses can be often and downright graphic though!

If someone asks the question concerning the future and past, what harm is it if another person offers an answer?

What do you do if 'you' are offered glimpses of the future? Ignore them? Call yourself a 'barking fruitloop' and book yourself into the nearest hospital for the insane? No, I don't think so! The whole world of gambling is based on prediction and chance. Gambles, predictions and forecasts has been a part of business for centuries! I could go on but I can't be bothered!

Sceptics like to argue and boo what they forget that some may find 'much needed' comfort in!

Life is too short to waste time arguing!

''Pax Vobiscum''

Phantom8

#28 spooksareus

spooksareus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking &amp; baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting &amp; open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 03 December 2005 - 12:08 PM

I pesrsonally would not claim to be a psychic.  If I 'considered' I had the ability, I would keep it to myself, I would be definately wasting time in proving it to a sceptic, jumping through hoops and things just to convince and apease them.

No sorry that's not me.  I've seen an heard things and I share them.  If a sceptic wishes to 'blow off steam' ranting, raving and saying deeply intelligent words like 'crap' so be it.  I particularly don't care!

I will agree there are a lot of charletons at work, once uncovered, simply avoid them!  They can harm all the efforts of those that 'have' and 'are' doing good!

I will also agree that some people only get tantalising glimpses of the future which could be considered as 'educated guesses'!  Some of these glimpses can be often and downright graphic though!

If someone asks the question concerning the future and past, what harm is it if another person offers an answer?

What do you do if 'you' are offered glimpses of the future? Ignore them? Call yourself a 'barking fruitloop' and book yourself into the nearest hospital for the insane?  No, I don't think so!  The whole world of gambling is based on prediction and chance.  Gambles, predictions and forecasts has been a part of business for centuries!  I could go on but I can't be bothered!

Sceptics like to argue and boo what they forget that some may find 'much needed' comfort in!

Life is too short to waste time arguing!

''Pax Vobiscum''

Phantom8

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:angry: thats tellin' em.... :angry:

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#29 Anarchy_Alternative

Anarchy_Alternative

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 03:03 PM

Phantom, I came here to 'skeptics', because the title says, "All viewpoints are welcome". Since we are in the skeptics section I would assume that the skeptical viewpoint would be one of those. So I don't see how my viewpoint could be too offensive.

I'm sure there are many schizophrenics out there, that when people suggest that the voices in their head are not in fact predicting future events, or are not God as they believe, would be very upset by that. There are lots of other people who believe in something that might not be true. That doesn't mean they can't take comfort in it but that still doesn't make it true. Children are comforted by thinking of Santa Claus.

That 'Gambles' have been part of business for century does nothing to prove that psychics are real. What does gambling have to do with psychics? I 'gamble'. I 'predict' based on intuition and trends. That doesn't make me psychic. I gamble because I don't know how an event will end because I can't predict the future, so betting makes the event more exciting.

A psychic wouldn't need to "jump through hoops" to prove their point. All they would need to do would be to guess correctly more often than someone who wasn't psychic. Given the records of most highly publicized psychics I've seen, I can see how that would be asking a lot.

Thanks for your viewpoint, too, Spook. The 15 vertical inches taken up by your two posts, which included a total of 3 of your own words, spoke volumes :)

Edited by Anarchy_Alternative, 03 December 2005 - 03:08 PM.

#30 spooksareus

spooksareus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 03:42 PM

:) :hug:
I just knew it was coming kid, thought I'd give you a heads up :Spaz:

Spooks...... :ghost:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users