Psychics

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#31 Anarchy_Alternative

Anarchy_Alternative

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 05:29 PM

Well, I frequent my share of forums, so I don't mind a little conflict here and there. Anyway, I hardly expected my viewpoint to be very well received on a site like this :)

#32 Markway

Markway

Can dowse the moon everytime that it's full!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 03 December 2005 - 10:35 PM

Well, I frequent my share of forums, so I don't mind a little conflict here and there. Anyway, I hardly expected my viewpoint to be very well received on a site like this :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Frankly, Mr. Anarchy, your viewpoint is the majority view here on the Skeptics' Board. I have a small amount of "Shine". What little I "think" that I posess is only enough to scare me. On the other hand I have seen things by working with psychics that would knock your socks off.

During the late seventies I worked with a psychic who had almost no protective resources, (some of you will know what I mean). Some of the things that I saw with her were...impossible?...wonderful?...what? She was mostly uneducatd, but could describe the past. She could walk into a haunted place cold and describe who had been there, names, dates, etc. We were a couple for awhile. Once, while we were walking she raised her arms over her head. Within seconds she was covered with butterflies, ten thousand, one hundred thousand? All I can say was that she was three layers deep in butterflies. Once, I thought that I saw her glow in the dark. I know that this is all circumstantial and second hand. I can't ask you to believe it. She made some predictions about her future and mine. She said that she would die young. I won't say what she said about me.
Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
This much let me avow---
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream:
Yet if hope has flown away In a night,
Or in a day, In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

#33 spooksareus

spooksareus

Graceful leader of men who harvests wheat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking &amp; baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting &amp; open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 03 December 2005 - 11:07 PM

Markway, I would be delighted to hear more about your experiences.
I've had a good measure myself.
If you ever want to impart some of your experiences with an ol' soul
I'm all ears.....

Spooks.... :)

Oh, and this is for you :D
from an old Seattle-ite

Edited by spooksareus, 03 December 2005 - 11:08 PM.

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#34 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,963 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 04 December 2005 - 01:28 AM

A bit more of deeper look into GhostVillage, might help you have a different opinion. We believe in sharing, learning and growing.

Markway has already explained this.

Take my hand and we'll go riding through the sunshine from above

#35 Anarchy_Alternative

Anarchy_Alternative

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 08:47 PM

Actually, Markway that's Ms. Anarchy to you.

Yes, its true, with proper upbringing and care, a gurl CAN become argumentative and obnoxious just like a boy! :Spaz:

I can't speculate on your story. Obviously I've got no more than your word to go on. I don't know anything about what conditions were like, etc. There's no way either of us can change the other ones mind.

But just in general. If there were a group of people who had special powers that let them see into the future and gave them all this knowledge that most of us don't have, then why aren't the most successful people in the world all psychics? I'd think that if many psychics actually could predict the future then that would give them a huge advantage over the rest of us.

Edited by Anarchy_Alternative, 04 December 2005 - 08:51 PM.

#36 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 04 December 2005 - 09:58 PM

Actually, Markway that's Ms. Anarchy to you.

Yes, its true, with proper upbringing and care, a gurl CAN become argumentative and obnoxious just like a boy! :D

I can't speculate on your story. Obviously I've got no more than your word to go on. I don't know anything about what conditions were like, etc. There's no way either of us can change the other ones mind.

But just in general. If there were a group of people who had special powers that let them see into the future and gave them all this knowledge that most of us don't have, then why aren't the most successful people in the world all psychics? I'd think that if many psychics actually could predict the future then that would give them a huge advantage over the rest of us.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am sorry MS.ANARCHY,

I should not have assumed so much as to have guessed at your sex. You are right of course. None of us can truly share each others lives. Normally I would not have talked about Karen at all. She always said that she would die young. I certainly haven't seen her for years.

To answer your question; she was a person followed by wonder and disaster. She did what she did, but it seemed so natural to her that it didn't seem extraordinary, not to her anyway. She hated any publicity. She gave of herself freely. I had to make her take money for going on our investigations. I was to intellectual, too analytical for her. She attracted people like a magnet. Some of her ability seemed to center upon sex. She drew power from it. Once, afterwards in bed she sat up and I swear her hair was glowing. When I said something she just chuckled, a low gurgle. How can I give you a sense of her? I can no more imagine her living long or making money, even at a job, than I can myself flying.

And yet, I met a woman from back east, the second wife of a friend of mine, who had the shine too. This gal was/is pure poison, and if she could make money by selling her baby to satanists ...! There was a commonality though. If I could put my finger on it. They always looked into your soul or past you altogether. :Spaz:
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#37 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 10:00 PM

She said that I would die old at 32. I am now 52.
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#38 Phantom8

Phantom8

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 02:35 PM

My dad was a medium and healer and having seen many people he noticed a particular woman at one meeting and felt he had to talk to about her cat.

The woman listened and then broke down and cried.

My dad felt awful and on leaving was stopped by the woman in the car park.

She informed him this was the only reason she had come to see him and that he was the only one of all the other mediums that she had seen that had mentioned her cat. The woman had offered no information on her pet but my dad described it fully.

Phantom8

Edited by Phantom8, 09 December 2005 - 02:38 PM.

#39 spooksareus

spooksareus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking &amp; baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting &amp; open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 09 December 2005 - 04:28 PM

:headbang:
That is very sweet.... :angry:

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#40 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 02:44 AM

My father's uncle was one of the high voltage, high wattage people. He could make the hair on his arm stand up upon command.

When he was in his 50's he ran a cross country race in Alaska. The race was from one fijord to another then another. Up one small mountain after the other. The old, (well, he'd have been about my age now) bugger placed!

He quit his job at Boeing because other people's illnesses "made him sick". He rietired to my hometown circa 1950, and set up a little storefront operation on a big, semi sleazy street. One of the few you couldn't have safely napped on, at that date and place.

He healed by the laying on of hands. He put is patients in a straight backed chair and put his hands on your shoulders. You'd feel all tingly, and then whatever symptoms you had would show up on my uncle, another Markway.

He could heal a lot of stuff outright, other things he just affected the symptoms.
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#41 grendel

grendel

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Movies, Work, Kung Fu, Sci-Fi, Going to bed as the sun rises, eating, breathing, bathing (on occasion), Nature...and so on and so on....

Posted 03 January 2006 - 07:06 AM

I wanted to open a new thread about Psychics .

What do you think about their abilities ?

Believers , tell us your experiences and how you know psychics are indeed real.

Skeptics , tell us why they are fakes.

Anyone have any direct proof either way? Anyone ever have an experience with a psychic where they were right on target? Dead wrong?

Here is your chance to state your case.

Enjoy the discussion ,

Rockhauler2k1

I dont believe in them.

I tend to lean towards the George Carlin point of view on this subject. If Psychics are real then how come no one has read the headline "Psychic Wins Lotto" or "Phsychic Averts Disaster, Saves Millions". Sure some people would say ethics or morals but come on people have claimed to have this talent for centuries but no one is right. I just really find it difficult to believe that all psychics have high morals that they let the course of events transpire with out a wimper., but they are the first ones to the papers if they are right. And none of them have won the lottery.

Just my thought.
I'm just a very well-paid juvenile delinquent -Al Jorgensen of MinistryIf we moved in next door your lawn would die -Lemmy of MotorheadThe only reason we wore sunglasses onstage was because we couldn't stand the sight of the audience - John Cale of The Velvet Underground--------------------------------------------------http://fotofight.com...um_home/Dewlso/--------------------------------------------------

#42 becksrn

becksrn

From the boonies....

• PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Interests:DURAN DURAN--ooh Nick Rhodes, Winter Sports, THE STEELERS, Lots of snow, horror flicks, basketball games, LUV LUV LUV Joaquin Phoenix, my PowerBook, System of a Down, My Chemical Romance, The Killers, Foo Fighters, the 80's, historical disasters, Stewie Griffin, Trailer Fabulous, LOST, I'm a total sucker for old re-runs of Ab Fab, and CSI: Las Vegas.

Posted 03 January 2006 - 11:50 AM

Grendel....hehe, you make a good point "Psychic wins the lotto".....I know what you mean.

I went to a psychic once who started to read my "future" and then gave me my money back within 5 minutes and told me to leave. She saw something about a short/demanding life and didn't think I should have to pay $ to hear that. Well, that was about 15 years ago.....I'm still here. *Knocks on wood.
Posted Image

#43 Simmy

Simmy

Ghostvillage Newsgirl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,141 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Cars, Animals, Family....LIFE!

Posted 04 January 2006 - 03:59 PM

I wanted to open a new thread about Psychics .

What do you think about their abilities ?

Believers , tell us your experiences and how you know psychics are indeed real.

Skeptics , tell us why they are fakes.

Anyone have any direct proof either way? Anyone ever have an experience with a psychic where they were right on target? Dead wrong?

Here is your chance to state your case.

Enjoy the discussion ,

Rockhauler2k1

I dont believe in them.

I tend to lean towards the George Carlin point of view on this subject. If Psychics are real then how come no one has read the headline "Psychic Wins Lotto" or "Phsychic Averts Disaster, Saves Millions". Sure some people would say ethics or morals but come on people have claimed to have this talent for centuries but no one is right. I just really find it difficult to believe that all psychics have high morals that they let the course of events transpire with out a wimper., but they are the first ones to the papers if they are right. And none of them have won the lottery.

Just my thought.

Grendel. HI! Havent seen you for a while. I havent read through this whole thread yet. But noticed your post. From my point of view, Recently discovering I have a psychic ability (still fine tuning it) I really think psychics cannot do these things you mention in "headlines" because we're not meant to! We are given this gift to help people i believe. Not to help ourselves win lotto etc. If i could save the world. Believe me I would! If i could win lotto. Oh just try to stop me!! lol. I think we cannot do these things because we are not supposed to.

I am still skeptical of this gift myself. But time after time I read to people and bring up (see) things that I just couldnt possibly know about somone. So i cannot deny I have this gift. I just dont like calling myself a psychic until I have t his gift fine tuned enough that I'm right 99% of the time. I know, i set high standards for myself.

Simmy

Edited by Simmy, 04 January 2006 - 04:04 PM.

#44 Simmy

Simmy

Ghostvillage Newsgirl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,141 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Cars, Animals, Family....LIFE!

Posted 04 January 2006 - 04:19 PM

Having recently discovered my gift I have to say I believe that there is those who do have this ability. I have to. I have it. I will say though, I have always believed that there is those who can, it was finding a good one that you were willing to pay that was difficult.

I havent really come across those i found were frauds. Just that they found it difficult to connect with me! I have always had this problem. I've seen people that freinds have also been to , they connected with freinds, Just not with me!

SO think about that. There is a strong possiblity that you just might have up walls and blocking them from giving you agood reading, I dont know how to drop those walls. I do it myself with others. I was told once that if you too have a gift then you can block others , unintentionally. So theres an idea to ponder.

Simmy

#45 spooksareus

spooksareus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 08:15 PM

There is a newish theory that those who are sensitive
to paranormal experiences fall into the Marion Briggs NF
category.

For anyone who has taken this test you know who you are.

http://www.personali...060105020742973
My Webpage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users