• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jynx

Jynx

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:29 AM

A couple years ago I was working a shut down in a pulp and paper mill. In Northern Ontario Canada. Near the end of the shutdown almost all the contractors had finished there work and left the but there was still groups equaling up to maybe a hundred contractors. While a few groups where working in an area they kept getting shut down because of a gas leak coming from a diegester tank. So we were all BAD_WORD down until the tank could be quickly repaired. ( there was a crack in the top of the tank). So while being shutdown the next day for a few hours we sat in the smoking area about 15 of waiting for the welded to finish. While the welded were working on the tank a friend of my was doing fire watch and confined space watch for the mill. As we sat waiting havering a cigarette the foreman came out and said they should be done in like 15 min. Then it happen a huge explosion. The side of the build was blown out and we had to run back in side because of falling debris. Of course once the terror was over we asked if everyone was here and ok. For some very strange reason we all made it to safety with no injuries. After the explosion that shook the entire mill we had to get out because of gas leaks we stepped outside again and seen that the washer floor wall was blown out and the roof blown off. Then I realized that's where my friend and the welded were. Right away we put on SCBA's and went looking for survivers. Well we found the two welders with injurys but couldn't find my friend ( he wasn't supost to be on that shift but he switched because it was Halloween and he wanted to take his daughter out) adventually they found him. But a year later almost to the day I was back doing repairs to the mill to get it up and running. There were me and 2 other guys working in this mill that's been shut down for a year. After midnight there was no one else there bug us three which was so unusual. While working we heard whistles and I mean human whistles. The two younger guy refused to work alone in the mill. Me I sensed it I knew it was my friend he was getting my attention. I told the guys I need to go to the area that the diegester tank blew. They thought I was crazy but they came with me. They where very uncomfy but followed behind as I got there I can see thd giant hole . In the wall and roof. As I went to the. Blown tank the whistle was heard again but this time it was like a song. The funny thing is I knew for sure it was my friend I have heard him whistle. That song a lot when we walked through the mill. As the guys I was with freaked out and left the mill I sat there. I felt releif that he contacted. I sat there with him and I listened. I knew he was ok but I felt the pain that he felt because he couldn't be with his baby daughter and his girlfriend. I asked him does he want me to say anything. His whistle changed it was like he was talking to me through his whistle. He wanted me to get a hold of his mother and say he was okand that he will be watching over his daughter. To protect his family his mother and myself I have withheld the name of the mill and people. But I was able to get his mother there andbi took her to the accident she needed to see and hear and sure enough the whistles start. I have been there since now that the mill is running. I haven't heard him whistle but I know he is there I can sense him some day I will here that whistle again I know it.

#2 colinBTM

colinBTM

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:44 PM

Were you working at the time of the incidents? As a contractor?

#3 colinBTM

colinBTM

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:53 PM

Were you working at the time of the incidents? As a contractor?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users