Spirits

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#61 GhostCat

GhostCat

Certified husband trainer....guaranteed he won't track dirt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts
  • Interests:Travelling New England by land and sea, local history, houses - as I am a real estate appraiser, I teach Special Education too, love all the kids I work with... they teach me too, lol, and add lots of smiles to my day....my cats, my goffin cockatoo parrot that is loud, smart and talkative, walking, bicycling, skiing, ice hockey, watching the Patriots, the Bruins and the Red Sox (Woo Hoo.. Fenway Painters..My sister and brother in laws business that paint the Park and my nephew that paints the famous "green monster") lighthouses, antiques, gardening, trying new restaurants, classic movies (love Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock), big band music, laughing and being around others that like to laugh, ghost stories - I love to hear other peoples experiences as I have so many to tell myself.

Posted 07 September 2007 - 08:09 PM

Flanker2x29,

May I ask....What specific religious denomination do you belong to??

None.

Mmmmm. You claim on other post here that you are Jewish??? Now you claim to be none??
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-- Robert A. Heinlein

#62 Flanker2x29

Flanker2x29

Junior Villager

• Deleted
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 08:35 PM

Flanker2x29,

None.

Mmmmm. You claim on other post here that you are Jewish??? Now you claim to be none??

Okay, Helloo,,,,,,,I'll be nice. To be a jew means you must be of a denomination? No. Not true. GERRRRR Its not about religion.

#63 Flanker2x29

Flanker2x29

Junior Villager

• Deleted
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 08:37 PM

Flanker2x29,

None.

Amazing .. before he said he was a Jew

To be a Jew is not to be apart of a denomination. Its like you saying I'm an american. Does that mean your in the military?

#64 Morbid

Morbid

Thinks the jelly runs out of the peanut butter sandwich in head

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 01:52 AM

Wow..... wow.... Ok... You realize calling yourself a jew means you follow Judaism right? There's absolutely NO other reason you would call yourself a jew. It's not like being goth where you can be goth and any religion, Jews are Jewish following the teachings of Judaism. Libraries have a lot of books.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.The law of Chaos.

#65 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,910 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 10 September 2007 - 11:45 AM

I believe there is Biblical proof that not all other-worldly visitors are demons or devils.

Firstly, I will address the Feast of the Tabernacle. During this High Sabbath, Jesus was visited by Moses and Elias - two prophets of the Old Testament. Jesus entertained them; the apostles Peter, James, and John offered to construct a tabernacle for them so these heavenly visitors would linger longer. Read the entire story in Matthew chapter 17.

Secondly, we have numerous accounts of angels visiting the living. Abraham entertained some angels who then warned Abraham and Lot to remove their families from the wicked cities. The patriarch Jacob wrestled with the angel of the Lord, thus becoming Israel. Gabriel announced the conceptions of John the Baptist and Jesus the Christ.

However, we are also cautioned about consulting mediums (Witch of Endor story) and demonic possession. We must discern the source.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#66 Bluemooncat

Bluemooncat

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Interests:Art, books, creative writing, ghost stories, animals, working on my house.<br />I've been interested in ghosts for years now and have quite a collection of ghost stories, however not very many of them have happened to me. I have only a handful of personal experiances.<br />

Posted 12 September 2007 - 04:41 AM

Um. Not offense Flanker, but did you even READ my post? I'm sorry but I can't find anything in your reply that realates cleary to what I wrote. . .All you have done is go into the "my perceptions are correct, yours are wrong" mode.
Also, you didn't really answer my question Why do you think that what you know is correct?
Is it because they asked you simply to have faith?
That's nice.
Faith is good.
But my point is that we still don't know what's on the other side.
All we have is our own very limited human perception and interpretation.
I'm sorry, but everything you've put up here was written by man and is there for fallible and open to question.

Sorry. I used your post as a plat form without answering your questions. I'll try now.
Why Do I think I know?

There is a differnce in head knowledge and really knowing something. How do you know your breathing? How do you know if its right to breath? Well okay its not that simple, but almost. When you begin to know God and His Word awesome things are shown. How do you know they are true? God can not lie and He is more then able to make sure you got what He was saying clearly. You gotta want to though.

My next question is: Why do you think I haven't already done this? Why do you assume I don't have a realtionship with God? Why do you assume I can't hear Her? Just becasue I don't venerate Jesus and agree that all ghost are demon's you think I don't talk to the Creator? Yo think I don't LISTEN? That's funny because She's been telling me to help YOU.

Just because I am listening in a diffrent langue or if you will a diffrent "format" does not mean I am not getting the "message"
God wants Her/His children to love each other and love Creation. The Creator has many faces but they are all saying the same thing.
I think you are the one who's not listening.

Well let me put it to you this way. Very nicely and respectively as I can. The truth may hurt a little. I know you don't know God or have a relationship with Him simply because...well...how do i put it nicely......uggg...no way around it. God's not a her. Jesus and God are one and the same thing. If you knew God you would know that He and His Son are one.

Sigh.
By focusing on my use of the pronoun "Her" you have once again managed to neatly avoid the whole point of my post. You should be in poltics.
I keep trying and hoping that you will respond with a rational, well thought out counter argument and again and again I am dispointed.
Mr. Flanker, you are no longer amusing.
I shall now been entertianing myself in the fun n' games area.
Fairwell, Mr. Flanker.
Try not to let other people do your thinking for you. It's really a lot more fun to do it yourself.
My cat is weirder than your cat. -bumpersticker

#67 2012leo

2012leo

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:42 AM

Don't you believe that we all have dark and light sides, perhaps an angry 'devil' spirit is righteous in its beliefs or attacks. Maybe they stayed to make things right.

Are they still a 'devil'. Evil takes a lifetime of study to identify really and even then there is no way to be sure someone/thing won't make a u-turn.

Life is not perfectly predictable and your belief is a way of denying this painful uncertainty.
"I disagree with fluffymongering"

#68 2012leo

2012leo

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 02:48 AM

Life is not perfectly predictable and your belief is a way of denying this painful uncertainty.

Just an opinion mixed with psych class and a bad mood, sorry if I offended you all.

#69 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,910 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 22 June 2008 - 04:26 PM

Just an opinion mixed with psych class and a bad mood, sorry if I offended you all.

Yeah, I can see how that could offend anyone with any sort of religious belief.

BTW, be careful with your psychology class - it's hard not to self-diagnose;)

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#70 2012leo

2012leo

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:56 PM

Too true!

It's not this forums fault my religious experiences have been bad and I'm surely eccentric at the least

#71 Bettie Page

Bettie Page

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:America's favorite pinup girl - Gone but not forgotten . . .

Posted 23 June 2008 - 12:55 PM

In my opinion, that's a very Buddhist way of looking at life, leo. The Buddha pointed out the beginningless of life and the endlessness of existence overwhelmed by our ignorance. He taught that this life is just a little scene in the ever endless drama of human follies.

#72 OMPRDave

OMPRDave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Interests:Family, fishing, hunting, camping, history, photography, poetry/writing, and last but not least, paranormal investigation

Posted 28 June 2008 - 10:23 AM

I spent my entire childhood raised in the Protestant faith, which is alot less condemning to one's soul than the Catholic religion. Like most, I questioned religion in my mid-teens and by the time I was in college had pretty much decided that religion just doesn't hold water for me. To many variations, doesn't encompass enough of all the people in the world to really explain itself, and tries to hard to make people conform to their own agendas. I was pretty much spiritually bankrupt for a good portion of my adult life.

I had a problem with alcohol in 2003 that led me to finding a self-spiritual ideal that fits my life quite nicely. I've completely discarded any Christian or other organized religions, but I will attest to the power of faith, and will not criticize anyone's belief in the religious choices they make.

As a paranormal investigator, I remain open minded to the idea that there are negative entities that may or may not be affected by the doctrines of churches or organized religion. What I really THINK happens in regards to these entities is they are just impacted by our faith and react when they can sense that that faith is unswerving and positive. There is well documented proof that religion can have a direct impact on negative entities; however, there has never been any scientific evidence to validate that what is impacted is a discarnate entity to begin with. I investigate with a marriage of science and ideas in hopes of determining what they are, be it a demon, negative entity, ghost, spirit, or simply bad wiring or an emotionally disturbed or sick individual creating the experience (which means I do not rule out or do not believe in PSI abilities).

And I can honestly say I don't believe that there is a place of "rest or torment" for spirits or departed people. Where we go or what happens to us is just what it is, and we will continue to have opinions of that existence much like we do while we are here. Like many, I doubt that a "loving God" would order any soul to eternal torment. That goes against the whole idea of a loving God - perhaps the greatest oxymoron there is.

Blessings,

Dave
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation." Herbert Spencer

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users