10 replies to this topic

#1 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts
  • Interests:Nursing, Softball, Kids, and My Man

Posted 14 April 2009 - 11:59 PM

Getting reday to do an interview for our local cable t.v. station about A famous murder in Cleveland many years ago...about the mad butcher of kingsbury run and the torso murders. Has anyone read any other information on this? I've been reading on it for about a year, but would like to hear thoughts and opinions as to who did the murders. I'm the one being interviwed so I am trying to be prepared as much as I can. Thanks, Julie
You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#2 mooboo

mooboo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:Alternative medicines,acupuncture,animals,animal rescue,marine life, herbs,occult,japan,china,vietnam,uk,italy,rock music,horror,sci-fi,thriller,drama,historic,fun;tv,cartoons,books,movies.<br />Etc,etc

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:32 AM

Getting reday to do an interview for our local cable t.v. station about A famous murder in Cleveland many years ago...about the mad butcher of kingsbury run and the torso murders. Has anyone read any other information on this? I've been reading on it for about a year, but would like to hear thoughts and opinions as to who did the murders. I'm the one being interviwed so I am trying to be prepared as much as I can. Thanks, Julie

That sounds facinating,and somehow oddly familiar.
I will poke around about it and let you know what I think.
Miss"We were just just picknicking friends"Knowledge speaks ,but wisdom listens~Jimi Hendrix

#3 mooboo

mooboo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:Alternative medicines,acupuncture,animals,animal rescue,marine life, herbs,occult,japan,china,vietnam,uk,italy,rock music,horror,sci-fi,thriller,drama,historic,fun;tv,cartoons,books,movies.<br />Etc,etc

Posted 16 April 2009 - 11:20 AM

Hey. Julie.
I read a few accts of this,and just wow.
I am shocked there haven't been movies about it.
It was very creepy.It seemed familiar to me because I just watched a korean horror movie about
A serial killer that was slightly similiar.

I think the doctor did it. He was way creepy.Its sad not all the vics were IDed,and Flo Polilio was especially sad
to me for some reason.
And Eliot Ness being involved just made it surreal.
What do you think about it all,sonce you know so much more .

Did you ever hear of the story about the dead bodies behind Atlantic City? All lined up next to one anotheer
With the heads all turned to one direction.
This one is within the last 5 years tho.
Miss"We were just just picknicking friends"Knowledge speaks ,but wisdom listens~Jimi Hendrix

#4 Squatch

Squatch

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 12:12 PM

Well, of the two main suspects commonly linked to the Torso murders, it is my believe that Dr. Francis E. Sweeney was involved, if not the murderer himself. But for those not familiar with the case, let's look at both main suspects and then you can decide for yourself.

Suspect 1 - Frank Dolezal
Dolezal was arrested as a suspect in the death of one of the Torso victims. He later dies under suspicious circumstances while in the county jail. He was found with six broken ribs, injuries that he did not have when arrested by Sheriff Martin L. O'Donnell six weeks prior. Some researchers have come to believe that there is no evidence that Dolezal was involved in the murders, although at one time he did admit killing a woman in self-defense. Before dying, he recanted his confessions, claiming to have been beaten until he confessed. New evidence points towards involvement by the sheriff and his deputies in Dolezal's death.

Suspect 2 - Dr. Francis E. Sweeney
The last murder is considered by experts to have been committed in 1938. Sweeney became a strongly suspected individual upon voluntarily committing himself shortly after the last official murders were discovered in 1938. Sweeney remained in such various hospitals until his 1965 death. Sweeney was known to have worked during World War I as a medic involved in conducting amputations in the field. Sweeney was at one point personally interviewed by Eliot Ness, who oversaw the official investigation into the killings. During Ness' interrogation, Sweeney failed to pass two early lie detector tests. It was felt that a convition against Sweeney would be an unattainable goal, as he was a cousin of Ness' political opponents, Congressman Martin L. Sweeney, who just so happened to be the father-in-law of Sheriff O'Donnell. After Sweeney committed himself, the killings apparently stopped. He continued to harass Ness with threatening postcards until Ness' untimely death in 1957.

Like I said - Draw from this what you will. But in my honest opinion, Dr. Sweeney's actions do not sound like those of an innocent man.

#5 balo

balo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 12:12 PM

Is there any website we can watch your interview Julie though the 'net?

#6 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 02:28 PM

The man interviewing me, thinks that it was Sweeny too. Elliot Ness believed that the mob had a hand in it, but I'm not sure why they would since most of the people who were murdered were vagrants, prositutes, or the lower class of society.

Never heard of the Atlantic murders, did those take place during the same time in the mid 1930's? It would be interesting to compare the two.

The interview is to take place in his home studio and broadcasted through Wadsworth Cable, but I can see if he can produce a link through the net. The next step after the interview is he would like to accompany me on a paranormal investigation of the sight in which most of the bodies had been found.

Has anyone heard any paranormal accounts involved in that area?
You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#7 Squatch

Squatch

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 03:58 PM

The Atlantic City murders have taken place in the last few years to be exact. Here's a link -

Atlantic City Serial Killer?

Spooky, ritualistic stuff. As far as I know, the police still have no suspects.

#8 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 02:53 PM

I just spoke with the man who is going to do the interview on me about this. We are going to set a day, so it can be scheduled within the next two weeks. He said it can be streamlined to broadcast through the net. So, I will post up the link as soon as I get it and know when it will air. I guess it's not going to be just on Mad Butcher, but will also cover what I have experienced while conducting paranormal investigations. I'll make sure I send in a good plug to all gver's too! Julie

#9 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 03:43 PM

We have the date set up for this Wednesday May 6th at 9 a.m. for the interview. Boy, am I nervous! I will let you all know the link before Wednesday! Thanks, Julie

#10 disturbed63

disturbed63

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 01:12 PM

Well, of the two main suspects commonly linked to the Torso murders, it is my believe that Dr. Francis E. Sweeney was involved, if not the murderer himself. But for those not familiar with the case, let's look at both main suspects and then you can decide for yourself.

Suspect 1 - Frank Dolezal
Dolezal was arrested as a suspect in the death of one of the Torso victims. He later dies under suspicious circumstances while in the county jail. He was found with six broken ribs, injuries that he did not have when arrested by Sheriff Martin L. O'Donnell six weeks prior. Some researchers have come to believe that there is no evidence that Dolezal was involved in the murders, although at one time he did admit killing a woman in self-defense. Before dying, he recanted his confessions, claiming to have been beaten until he confessed. New evidence points towards involvement by the sheriff and his deputies in Dolezal's death.

Suspect 2 - Dr. Francis E. Sweeney
The last murder is considered by experts to have been committed in 1938. Sweeney became a strongly suspected individual upon voluntarily committing himself shortly after the last official murders were discovered in 1938. Sweeney remained in such various hospitals until his 1965 death. Sweeney was known to have worked during World War I as a medic involved in conducting amputations in the field. Sweeney was at one point personally interviewed by Eliot Ness, who oversaw the official investigation into the killings. During Ness' interrogation, Sweeney failed to pass two early lie detector tests. It was felt that a convition against Sweeney would be an unattainable goal, as he was a cousin of Ness' political opponents, Congressman Martin L. Sweeney, who just so happened to be the father-in-law of Sheriff O'Donnell. After Sweeney committed himself, the killings apparently stopped. He continued to harass Ness with threatening postcards until Ness' untimely death in 1957.

Like I said - Draw from this what you will. But in my honest opinion, Dr. Sweeney's actions do not sound like those of an innocent man.

i would bet that some way if possible that jack wilson was an assistant to DR Sweeney .They say he was 17 years old in 1936 at the expo and he crossed dressed and since there were men involved a 17 year old cross dresser would be a person to lure men to the places they were dismembered.I think no coincidence that the killings ended in 38 and jack wilson emerged in L.A were the post cards came from and they believe that someone killed sweeney jack wilson didnt die until 82

#11 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 08:51 AM

Joe has set up the interview for this Weds. 13th at 9 a.m., had to put it on hold due to his college exams. I will be getting the streamline link for the interview on Monday. We are also going to cover the legend of Hellhouse too. Julie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users