Photo

The easiest way to contact your spirit guide

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 sandyblanton

sandyblanton

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:I love spending time with my 3 wonderful kids. I love to read. I am very interested in the paranormal.

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:10 PM

Hi, I guess I am the newest member here. I am 36 yrs old and have been interested in the paranormal for awhile now. I have been doing research on how to contact the other side. What I have read, if I understand correctly, the easiest way is to meditate and contact your spirit guide. I have been trying. I also have been failing terribly. I am getting distracted way to easy. Any ideas? I need all the advice I can get. Thanks

#2 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Interests:Spirits, Photography, Paranormal Programs, Old Homes and Cottage Life

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:13 PM

What did the book say?
Right this way to my haunted space.

#3 sandyblanton

sandyblanton

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:I love spending time with my 3 wonderful kids. I love to read. I am very interested in the paranormal.

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:15 PM

It said to go into a quiet place. To light a candle and focus on the flame. Just to block everything out and relax. My problem is staying focus. It seems like I can hear everything.

#4 Frater Arion

Frater Arion

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Occultism, Chemistry, Physics, Music, Rock Climbing,

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:10 PM

Look into astral projection, that is an almost sure fire way to meet a spirit guide. Meditation is a possible path, scrying, daily offerings and prayers as well. Just make it known that you are looking for guidance, and are willing to work to meet a worthy guide.
Asperges me, AGLA, hyssopo, et mundabor; lavabis me, et super nivem dealbabor.
Accendat in nobis Eheieh ignem sui amoris et flammam aeternae caritatis.

My blog

#5 sandyblanton

sandyblanton

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:30 AM

Thanks, I will try that

#6 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:42 PM

Meditation takes practice. And patience. Even if you think it's not working, keep at it every day. Set aside a certain time of day, or night when you know you won't be disturbed and sit for 15-20 minutes .
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#7 TheresaRHPS

TheresaRHPS

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:21 PM

I'm ADD, and always have trouble with meditation, myself, lol. However, practice does make perfect...and nearly everything I've read about contacting a spirit guide, or increasing psychic awareness/intuition in general, calls for meditation. Keep working at it, changing your location, duration, or whatever until you find a set-up that works best for you. And even when you don't THINK its working, take note. Keep a journal and keep consistent with your practice.

If you find traditional meditation is truly not working for you, try the dream approach. Practice your meditation techniques right before falling asleep, while in bed, and concentrate on meeting your spirit guide. Visualize actually meeting this guide in a tranquil location of your choosing. If it helps you, ASK your spirit guide aloud to assist or meet with you, and concentrate on that while drifting off to sleep. If there is a specific question or issue you are seeking assistance on, make sure you concentrate on it.

Keep either a pen/journal or a voice recorder beside your bed, and as SOON as you wake up, record any details of any dream you remember, or even any feelings or impressions you have upon waking up. Do this the second you wake up, as within minutes, you'll start to forget your dreams. This technique also takes practice, especially if you're someone who generally doesn't remember dreams that well, but a lot of people have seemingly had success with this lower-key approach. "Meditating" right as you fall asleep is a LOT easier for me, especially when I'm super tired. You can fall asleep, totally altering your state of consciousness, and still maintain a chance at having a meaningful experience, lol.
Huntington Paranormal Investigations and ResearchCheck out my website

#8 sandyblanton

sandyblanton

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:17 AM

thanks everybody for the advice. I will definitely give them all a try. Hopefully I will find one that will successfully work for me.Posted Image

#9 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Interests:Spirits, Photography, Paranormal Programs, Old Homes and Cottage Life

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:22 AM

Let us know.
Right this way to my haunted space.

#10 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:28 AM

Neale Donald Walsh says that God speaks to us in our own voice. That's comforting to a lot of older people like me. :)
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users