87 replies to this topic

#31 The Ghost Lady

The Ghost Lady

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 11:38 PM

Wow! This thread was started in 2003 and its still going??! LOL! :Spaz:

I was just wondering how many CT folks still post here and with all the threads about having a get together, did that ever come about? I'd love to organize something like that. There's A LOT of places in CT that would be awesome for a bunch of investigators to get together. Last February I was part of a dinner/investigation at the John Stone Inn in Ashland, MA. It was a few paranormal groups teaming up for a dinner and we had full run of the John Stone Tavern to investigate. It was an excellent time!!!

Lets do something!!!!

Oh, and by the way, I'm new the board but not to Ghostvillage. I've been lurking but finally got around to registering here so I can post. I've been into ghosts and the paranormal my entire life (I'm 39) having grown up in a "haunted house."

-The Ghost Lady Whirly Dude

Edited by The Ghost Lady, 17 February 2006 - 11:39 PM.

Posted Image

#32 Jenga

Jenga

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 03:10 PM

im in college at Albertus Magnus in new haven. i didn't think much of the haunting claims, but i ventured into the hallway at 3:30 am on a week night, a night i knew no one or not many people would be up. My friend and I went to the elevator to head downstairs, got in, and as the door was closing, it stopped halfway as if someone came in. The door would open and close halfway, it did it three times before we got out of the elevator. The elevator went down and up and we could hear it being active for about 5 minutes, and there was no sign of anyone awake on any floor. idk, could have been an elevator malfunction, but it sure was interesting.

Hi there. I was also a student at AMC a few years back, and have some clarification. The elevator you are speaking of is in Dominican Hall. This elevator is not haunted, just broken - OFTEN. My brother went to AMC quite a few years before I did, and he had the same problem. I have dealt with this issue on several occasions. I think the problem here is that Albertus is cheap, and unwilling to purchase an updated elevator for a bunch of crazy kids who will destroy it anyway. There are many rumors of Dominican being haunted - based solely on the fact that it used to be the Yale Psychiatric Institute. To date, I am unaware of any reliable sources of such hauntings.

On another note, there are haunted buildings on the AMC campus. The Warrens have been brought in on a few occasions to investigate the mansions, and have found considerable evidence. There is a report on one of their visits located in the library, but it is under lock and key in the attic. From what I can tell, it can be viewed, but the person who keeps these records also keeps very limited office hours. This is something I have been meaning to look into for some time now, but have not had the time to do so. If anyone gets a chance to view these documents, or if they <gasp> let you copy these documents, I would love to take a look.

#33 carrie

carrie

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 12:15 PM

i'm from ct (Vernon) and would love to get together with anyone whos interesting in checking out some haunted spots.

#34 mattsin30

mattsin30

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 08:47 PM

Anyone intrested my group is accepting 3 new members we are based in Connecticut the site is

NEPVRG

Edited by mattsin30, 04 April 2006 - 08:48 PM.

#35 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 05 April 2006 - 11:45 AM

Hello CT friends. Just noticed this thread ought to be in the In Your Area section.
http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#36 Chronos

Chronos

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 03:32 PM

Im new but im from ct,
alex

#37 Co0L D!ScO DoN

Co0L D!ScO DoN

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:FREIGHT TRAINS, GRAFFITI ART, SPACE ALIENS, GHOST's.

Posted 17 April 2006 - 06:55 PM

I'm in CT as well. One of my favorite places to go is now st. mary's cemetery. i have to scan the picture but there's a glass incasing in the middle with a weeping woman and 4 surrounding statues with closed eyes. i got a statue with one eye open and there was some serious mist going on around one of the large crucifixes in there.

ST. MARY'S cemetery? What town is it in?

#38 mattsin30

mattsin30

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 07:47 PM

Anyone intrested in joine The New England Paranormal Video Research Group is invited to visit our site at NEPVRG.

#39 mourningblonde

mourningblonde

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Hunts, spirit communication, meditation, ........anything having to do w/ the paranormal.....oh, and let's not forget DREAMS!

Posted 28 April 2006 - 03:41 PM

any experiance at norwich state hospital? i've made a few visits, but i would like to do a more official one, im trying to obtain a map of the tunnel system, they get pretty confusing at night. any help?

I also am in CT.........and would love to go...........never been! Let me know if you are interested in attending a group hunt? wirethong@yahoo.com

how was spider gates i heard that it is a very active haunt......any stories that you have heard......quite interested......

Hey cool chick,
Are you interested in going hunting w/ me and a few friends? I am in cheshire......I would love to hunt wtby. and Naug....... wirethong@yahoo.com

Wow! This thread was started in 2003 and its still going??! LOL! :clap:

I was just wondering how many CT folks still post here and with all the threads about having a get together, did that ever come about? I'd love to organize something like that. There's A LOT of places in CT that would be awesome for a bunch of investigators to get together. Last February I was part of a dinner/investigation at the John Stone Inn in Ashland, MA. It was a few paranormal groups teaming up for a dinner and we had full run of the John Stone Tavern to investigate. It was an excellent time!!!

Lets do something!!!!

Oh, and by the way, I'm new the board but not to Ghostvillage. I've been lurking but finally got around to registering here so I can post. I've been into ghosts and the paranormal my entire life (I'm 39) having grown up in a "haunted house."

-The Ghost Lady :drink2:

Ghost Lady,
I have had much success at hunting.........but Was wondering if you would like to meet or get a group together....I am interested! Feel free to contact me.........I am in Cheshire! Wirethong @ yahoo.com....p.s. I am a 33 yr. old mother of 3 boys......I believe I am somewhat sensitive! Talk to you soon.....~H~

Anyone intrested my group is accepting 3 new members we are based in Connecticut the site is

NEPVRG

I also am in CT................Cheshire in fact! I would love to be able to goin your group........I am a mature 33 yr. old mother of 3......BOYS! I reciently lost my mother and believe I have become MORE sensitive.......I have had many experiences......all over! I did some investigating in WV, VA, and MD .....I have great stories to share! Feel free to contact me @ wirethong@yahoo.com...........Thanks, ~H~

I'm in CT as well. One of my favorite places to go is now st. mary's cemetery. i have to scan the picture but there's a glass incasing in the middle with a weeping woman and 4 surrounding statues with closed eyes. i got a statue with one eye open and there was some serious mist going on around one of the large crucifixes in there.

ST. MARY'S cemetery? What town is it in?

I am from cheshire..........I would love to go to St.Mary's ...........Let me know if you want company! ~H~

Edited by mourningblonde, 28 April 2006 - 03:21 PM.

#40 curiousguyct

curiousguyct

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 08:18 PM

i am new to this and im from ct and i have heard of a bunch of places that are to be haunted and would loike to explore this ive been to camp connecticut a few different times of day and night but i am looking to explore other places also so if there are any people going maybe i could tag along? just let me know when and where email me at elementskater166@juno.com thanks

#41 bad13oy

bad13oy

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 03:15 PM

New to the Board.. From Vernon, Ct.. I have done numerous searches of places. I have heard stories from family memebers. Still have not caught solid proof.. Places I have visited... I have visited Bamforth Cemetary in Vernon.. I have heard numerous stories from numerous people. Scary as hell at night.. Nothing to report. The story I have heard that in the far back left hand corner underneath the large Pine tree . A so -called witch was buried with no head stone.. I have been to the famous Dudley Town twice with no luck. I have talked to 3 or 4 locals, kids my age (25,26).. they have been camping up there and have heard and seen nothing. So far the only place I have had decent luck is.. Fort Revere in Hull MA.. The only thing I have turned up is numerous ORBS in pictures.. Which could really be anything.. But I feel they are something. My friend and I are making a camping trip to George's Island out in Boston Harbor and we will see what we can find.. Other than that I have found CT a very tough place to find a concrete haunted place.. If anyone has some place they would like to investigate and does not want to go alone.. Let me know. I would be more than willing to go. Look foward to reading everyone's stories and hope to learn about some new places...

#42 iaintafraid

iaintafraid

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Interests:i work for a marketing company in the DC area. i am addicted to reality tv. i am a swimmer and sometimes a triathlete depending on how dedicated i am. i love to travel and love the beach.

Posted 12 May 2006 - 03:18 PM

Welcome! Sounds like you are well-traveled...People here have all sorts of stories so you are definitely in good company!

#43 azraelfan

azraelfan

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 07:08 PM

Hi all...I am in central CT and have just started my own group. There is only 3 of us right now, but we are always looking for new members and/or hooking up with another CT group to go on investigations. I am a certified Paranormal Investigator with AGS (Troy Taylor) and I am also an area rep with the AGS as well. I have started a site here http://cctpr.bravehost.com but it is new and not much is on it right now. Anyone interested in meeting up or joining feel free to email me. wlfpckfan3371@comcast.net

I do plan on investigating Green Lady (again) tomorrow night.

#44 Inptct

Inptct

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 01:37 AM

no new news on blood cemetery though

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hey tryed a few times to find blood cemetery . my last attempt i went to putnam to blood road. its a short road with a huge blocked off broken wooden bridge at the end. After searching for a a while i asked a few people that live on the road about it. they said there were no cemeteries there and it must be a rumor. i also checked the connecticut cemetery registery and there are no Bloods buried here.

This is an old topic but I figured reply anyways. I live at 83 Blood Road, lived on Blood Road for almost 40 years now, and the cemetery is there in the woods behind my house. It can't be seen from the road and is at the end of a long field. As far as I know it is NOT officially called "Blood Cemetery". There are many graves marked with worn field stone and some only marked by the dent in the ground of the collapsed coffin. The newest marker is from the 1980's and from what I heard he was the last. The farm house burned down 20 or so years ago and has been replaced by a cape...but not in the same spot. Even after 20 years the old foundation can still be seen through the grass of the yard. The owner says that the old house was haunted...steps, bumps, and knocked over things. I know I got creeped out a few times when I was younger. The only other odd happening I can remember is about 30 years ago when a horse died. It had wounds and blood loss on the neck but the state police said there was no bullets in the wounds. Mystery never solved. As for the cemetery, I have yet to see a ghost.

#45 purplecatfish

purplecatfish

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 01:16 PM

New to the Board.. From Vernon, Ct.. I have done numerous searches of places. I have heard stories from family memebers. Still have not caught solid proof.. Places I have visited... I have visited Bamforth Cemetary in Vernon.. I have heard numerous stories from numerous people. Scary as hell at night.. Nothing to report. The story I have heard that in the far back left hand corner underneath the large Pine tree . A so -called witch was buried with no head stone.. I have been to the famous Dudley Town twice with no luck. I have talked to 3 or 4 locals, kids my age (25,26).. they have been camping up there and have heard and seen nothing. So far the only place I have had decent luck is.. Fort Revere in Hull MA.. The only thing I have turned up is numerous ORBS in pictures.. Which could really be anything.. But I feel they are something. My friend and I are making a camping trip to George's Island out in Boston Harbor and we will see what we can find.. Other than that I have found CT a very tough place to find a concrete haunted place.. If anyone has some place they would like to investigate and does not want to go alone.. Let me know. I would be more than willing to go. Look foward to reading everyone's stories and hope to learn about some new places...

I've been to the cemetery at night as well as during the day. I grew up in West Hartford but had friends that were living on this side of the river. We were told that at night behind the wall you can see red eyes glowing. We were also told that there was something buried on the other side of the wall but that was all that was told to us. My friend and I went with our friends that lived out this way to the cemetery at night. I made it about 10 feet through the gates and had to leave. There was a very over powering urge to run. My chest felt like someone was crushing me. As soon as I left the gates the feeling was gone. With in 10 minutes all the females of our group had to leave. The guys seemed unaffected.

Now flash forward to a few years later same friend and I go there during the day. We could feel a weird sensation like someone was near us but could see no one. Not nearly as bad as the prior time we had gone. We went around looking at the different grave stones most of them very old. Lots of children. Well when we got to the far left hand side of the commentary the feeling was very strong. Not that we had to run but there was something definitely there right near the big pine trees. We went over the wall and the feeling got even stronger. I don't know if you have been on the other side of that wall but it is quite steep.

I was actually just there this weekend with a different friend of mine (daylight) and she told me that years ago a woman was stoned to death for being a witch and that supposedly there is still a pile of stones marking the spot that she died. She also confirmed that the story she had heard was that she was stoned on the other side of the wall somewhere. Now if you go down the embankment there are trails all over the woods. We didn't feel a whole lot yesterday so hard to say but we were in those woods for hours yesterday and the only feeling we got was the feeling of being lost (probably because 2 of the 3 hours we were in the woods we were lost :clap: but that is another story).

Sorry that was so long

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users