• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 canuck

canuck

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:27 PM

A group of Italian scientists have been jailed after having been found culpable in the deaths of people killed during an earthquake.

http://www.abc.net.a...-expert/4332092

It is very encouraging to see that the legal system is beginning to rise from its slumber and has begun to view scientists as being no different from other professions; they must be held accountable for their actions.

Let us hope that this precedent serves as the basis for the application of similar standards in other areas, such as “climate science”. Some jail time for a few of our “scientists” can only provide encouragement for the rest.

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,384 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:58 AM

It is about time :)
Posted Image

#3 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:00 PM

Maybe they'll wake up now? But then, I don't believe that people really change. Those kind will just find other ways to be the same, and do the same dirty deeds they always have. Their "moral compass" has gone astray.
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#4 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:59 PM

This story was on our national news. In my house, we all looked at each other as if to say, "what the hell?". This is something we've never heard of before. I read your link canuck and it made me wonder what each of them was thinking when they decided not to mention to the public, the possibility of this quake happening. If I had to be a judge of any kind there I don't know if jail would have been my answer to instilling in these people a moral responsibility to the public who are left in grave danger because of my advice. Most people do listen to the people of science. But some people of science are more interested in grant money and jumping on band-wagons to be popular. That's not real science in my book!.
I would have probably punished them in their tenures and pocketbooks to wake them up to their very real responsibility to be truthful and let people think for themselves and not follow after the science-gods.
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#5 canuck

canuck

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

For those that are interested in learning more about what went wrong with "science", the following link is quite informative. Also, the embedded links are very informative.

It does have peripheral relevance to the issue of the jailed Italian scientists, but it is more interesting in that it discusses the generality of the decline of science.

Particularly of interest, and very depressing, are the numerous comments appended by posters.

http://wattsupwithth...comment-1136935

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users