• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ghosthuntress16

ghosthuntress16

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 10:19 AM

I couldnt resist this after seeing the title of this board...
For paranormal/supernatural fiction, I LOVE Stephen King. I think the man is bloody brilliant. As far as non-fiction goes, I really liked The People In The Attic and The Haunted. I dont remember who wrote either of them, but The Haunted is about the Smurl family of PA, who were plagued by dark forces during the 1980s. Ed & Lorraine Warren worked with them. Both are chilling reads. My favorite movie, hands down, is The Exorcist. It never fails to scare the sh*t out of me. Also, after seeing Texas Chainsaw Massacre, the sound of a chainsaw in the distance never fails to send a shiver up my spine... Concerning TV, my favorite SHOW is definitely The X-Files(when I was younger, I wanted to be Dana Scully, hahahaha), but I'll take anything having to do with ghosts that airs on Sci-Fi. I especially love In Search Of... and around Halloween the Travel Channel has a lot of haunted things on. Discovery ran a show about exorcisms a while back, but I can't remember what it was called - I caught about half of it - man was it good!!! I like ghost stories on the web, and if you want to find a big archieve with a bunch of cool features, check out Obiwan's UFO-Free Paranormal Site at http://www.ghosts.org
Hope my recommendations served everyone well!
[glow=red,2,300]~Nicole~[/glow]

Believe as if your life depended on it, for indeed it does.

#2 maharet

maharet

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 02 August 2003 - 07:40 PM

Can you believe they made a movie of the experience the "Exorcist" was originally based upon (or should I say, inspired by?)?

I've actually been to the Pittston area but I had no idea about the Smurls until months later. Also, someone I know used to live in Amityville and purposefully went to the house and talked to the people living there. Apparently, the ghosts moved out with the Lutz's. The people have never had a problem, contrary to the several sequels that followed the original.

#3 ghosthuntress16

ghosthuntress16

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 03 August 2003 - 11:49 AM

I know!!! The Exorcist was creepy by itself, I can't believe it was based on actual events...
My history teacher died on 9/11/01 (due to cancer, unrelated to terrorism), and I was a freshman in high school. A new high school had been built, so at the end of that year, we packed up all the teachers' stuff in boxes. Well, the new history teacher designated some people to go through all of Mr. B's stuff and either throw it away or keep it. I was one of them, and I found a LOT of stuff having to do with the occult. It might be because he taught a class called Comparative Religions, but it seemed more of personal interest (articles on tea leaves, psychics, etc.) I have a lot of it in a manilla envelope, and occasionally look through it - old magazines and articles. It's totally awesome!
What's your opinion on Amityville and other famous sites? Any good books that you've read lately? Let me know!
[glow=yellow,2,300]~Nicole~[/glow]

Believe as if your life depended on it, for indeed it does.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users