• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#76 mybteacher

mybteacher

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 09:17 AM

Hi All,
I am a teacher at Moses Y Beach in Wallingford and I was just wondering if anyone has visited our school before. I am here everyday so I have seen and heard about a fair share of "weird" things happening. Just wondering what others had to say about it. Thanks!

#77 Pfled

Pfled

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Interests:1. Making my son smile<br />2. Investigating and researching places of alleged paranormal activity<br />3. Hiking<br />4. Cooking

Posted 13 March 2009 - 12:18 PM

Hi All,
I am a teacher at Moses Y Beach in Wallingford and I was just wondering if anyone has visited our school before. I am here everyday so I have seen and heard about a fair share of "weird" things happening. Just wondering what others had to say about it. Thanks!

While I have heard about the school, I have never heard actual claims. I also haven't visited because I have found many town councils/BOE don't really like people poking around their schools/properties at night, and don't often give permission to do so.

Can you tell us some of the tales you have heard/experienced?
"So even if you can't see it, you can still believe in it.It's easier if you lose all the things that prevent you from seeing it."-The Resistance by the Sam Roberts Band

#78 cotton08

cotton08

Village Elder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • Interests:I'm a scrub nurse, I have a rescued black lab and another puppy that's half black lab and half Chihuaha (sp?) - strange looking dog, but sweet. I became interested in EVP when my fiance passed. - I wrote about that somewhere else in my profile. (my real name's Connie)<br /><br />I like to swim, go to flea markets and antique malls - I am OBSESSED with anything from the 40's. Don't know why.<br /><br />I use poems, music lyrics, whatever, and make strangely beautiful, poignant 'pieces' out of paper, ripped up towels, glue, newspaper, jewelry, glitter, dirt, sand, anything I happen to see. Hard to describe, you'd just have to see them. That's my favorite thing to do, just create something out of nothing that makes people laugh or cry - brings them outta themselves for a while.

Posted 13 March 2009 - 12:26 PM

SCHOOL

Posted Image
Looks like you might be on to something!

(click on up there where it says 'school')

The claims of hauntings that flow from this very old site are almost too many to list. Suffice it to say that the site appears to be a prime location of poltergeist activity, replete with blaring music, lights, fans and computers being turned on and off, doors and drawers opening and closing, as well as book carts from the library rolling down hallways and the sounds of footsteps late at night. There is possibly even a history of full-body apparitions at the school as well as voices inside locked rooms or on the other ends of inactive telephones.

Edited by cotton08, 13 March 2009 - 12:31 PM.

#79 mybteacher

mybteacher

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 05:26 PM

So here are just a few of the stories that I have to share. If you want anymore details please just ask.

The picture of the kids at the school is actaully hanging in our main office. It is clear that there appears to be a child that is blurry standing on the roof.

A few summers ago renovations were done in our school. One of the workers was underneath the gym doing electrical work, saw something (he will not specify what) and the workers and that company refused to contunue doing work in the school.

Many parents that live around our school (we are a neighborhood school and most families live in walking distance) have called the polie at night complaining of music and lights coming from the gym. If you drive by at night and look straight through the main windows you can see the gym doors and see light shining out between the gap in the two doors. That's just something we have all become accustomed to.

Things in my classroom (my lesson plan book, photocopies that I have made, desks, etc.) have been moved overnight into unusual places that I know I did not put them. One day I found my lesson plan book in the back of my room next to my sink.

Last week I was talking to a teacher and I have posters hung on a clothesline with clothespins. There are about 6 posters on the clothesline. As I was talking only one of the posters began to sway then the poster and the clothespin that was attached on top of the line just flew up and fell to the floor.

Also after out February break there were two very muddy large footprints in front of a classroom door with no trail leading up to them or away.

Like I said these are all things that our faculty has gotten used to and pretty much figures it is all playful mischief by passed kids. Although none of us really like being there late at night alone.

I would also like to add that the school that was used as a morgue after the tornado is not actually our school. The Main Street school was built on what is now our baseball field and was torn down and our school was rebuilt about 500 feet away. I am not sure if this makes any differences in the presence that may occupy our school. I also know that a few years back a ghost hunters operation, posing as newspaper reporters, came into our school to interview our principal and once she found out who they were she was not pleased, but they did get some information out of her. I think that is where the information from the site listed above came from. If you have any thoughts please share!

#80 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 14 March 2009 - 07:38 PM

Hi Mybteacher,

Welcome to GV. I'm a teacher in CT too! I teach high school in the Hartford area. None of the schools I've ever worked in were haunted though. However even so, I've had my fair share of strange experiences of the empathic kind. I think it's because kids have so much energy and angst that it can't help but penetrate the walls, rooms and hallways.

I am currently switching to Special Ed K-12 and need some intern/observation hours. If you know of anything at your school, please send me a private message. I'd love to check out your school on both fronts.
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#81 N. O. T. W. Paranormal

N. O. T. W. Paranormal

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 03:08 PM

Hi All,

Also in Connecticut here. Valley Area (Ansonia) to be exact. I recently moved back here from NC and have begun a group called Not Of This World Paranormal. We are a paranormal group with an emphasis on researching and investigating with a biblical perspective. If anyone is interested in this type of investigation perspective shoot us a message on here.

#82 Mapsau

Mapsau

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:05 AM

I'm not even looking necessarily for a group but just a couple of decent people who don't put religion anywhere near what they see. Also, someone (or a couple people as mentioned) who don't assume to know what ghosts are thinking/doing and don't infuse some new age granola bar thoughts into explanations. I'm in Farmington so if there is any other person out there who is interested PM me. I know of a couple spots.

#83 Tigerbear

Tigerbear

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:22 PM

I live right next to Blood Cemetery. It does exist. No one's ever really seen it though because it's in the woods. I just know about it because it's right near me and my dad showed me. I've lived here for about 10 years and I've never seen anything scary. It is creepy though. Their names aren't blood though. They are mostly Babbit. It's only called Blood Cemetery because it's on Blood Road, as far as i know.

#84 nate11345

nate11345

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:26 PM

I happen to live on blood road in putnam connecticut and Blood road cemetary is behind my house. the cemetary is real! I have been there many times and would be glad to help. the rumors that the bloods are buried in this grave yard is a lie. it is the babit family graveyard.
For more information you can get me on aim at kingmann08.

sincerley,
nate11345

Edited by nate11345, 03 April 2009 - 03:29 PM.

#85 P.A.R.A.A.

P.A.R.A.A.

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigation and Research, Psychical Investigation and Research, Demonology, Religion, Metaphysics, New Thought

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:34 PM

Hello All,

Connecticut here as well. Our Group is known as P.A.R.A.A. The Paranormal Activity Research Association of America. PLeasure to meet you all.
Rev. Jason (The Paranormal Preacher)Director; Paranormal Activity Research Association of America (P.A.R.A.A.)"Fear of the unknown is only lack of information"P.A.R.A.A. websiteParanormal Preacher's BlogPosted Image

#86 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,811 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 25 January 2010 - 09:19 AM

Posted Image

Take my hand and we'll go riding through the sunshine from above

#87 jessicaelizabeth

jessicaelizabeth

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 02:21 AM

New to the Board.. From Vernon, Ct.. I have done numerous searches of places. I have heard stories from family memebers. Still have not caught solid proof.. Places I have visited... I have visited Bamforth Cemetary in Vernon.. I have heard numerous stories from numerous people. Scary as hell at night.. Nothing to report. The story I have heard that in the far back left hand corner underneath the large Pine tree . A so -called witch was buried with no head stone.. I have been to the famous Dudley Town twice with no luck. I have talked to 3 or 4 locals, kids my age (25,26).. they have been camping up there and have heard and seen nothing. So far the only place I have had decent luck is.. Fort Revere in Hull MA.. The only thing I have turned up is numerous ORBS in pictures.. Which could really be anything.. But I feel they are something. My friend and I are making a camping trip to George's Island out in Boston Harbor and we will see what we can find.. Other than that I have found CT a very tough place to find a concrete haunted place.. If anyone has some place they would like to investigate and does not want to go alone.. Let me know. I would be more than willing to go. Look foward to reading everyone's stories and hope to learn about some new places...

I went to Bamforth earlier tonight. I've also heard many stories of people seeing flashing lights but have yet to meet anyone who has actually seen them for themselves. When we first drove past, my boyfriend saw a small, diamond-shaped light in the middle of the cemetery. He didn't want to park to go into the cemetery since it is off-limits at night, and we noticed a state trooper lives a little ways down the road from the cemetery. We parked in front of the cemetery for a few minutes and observed nothing. But, I had him drive back.. Coming from the same way we did the first time (with the cemetery on our right), we both saw the same light again. But, I also noticed it flashed red a minute later.. when he braked. I'm inclined to believe there is something reflective that the car lights were aimed at from that angle. Especially since this kept happening in the same spot, a little to the right and behind the sign for the cemetery. Has anyone heard of any larger lights here or could it just be this? I'm going again tomorrow during the day time to see if there is anything reflective there.

Also, would anyone happen to know if EVPs can be recorded during the daytime? I haven't found any answer to this in my research..

#88 jessicaelizabeth

jessicaelizabeth

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 02:28 AM

New to the Board.. From Vernon, Ct.. I have done numerous searches of places. I have heard stories from family memebers. Still have not caught solid proof.. Places I have visited... I have visited Bamforth Cemetary in Vernon.. I have heard numerous stories from numerous people. Scary as hell at night.. Nothing to report. The story I have heard that in the far back left hand corner underneath the large Pine tree . A so -called witch was buried with no head stone.. I have been to the famous Dudley Town twice with no luck. I have talked to 3 or 4 locals, kids my age (25,26).. they have been camping up there and have heard and seen nothing. So far the only place I have had decent luck is.. Fort Revere in Hull MA.. The only thing I have turned up is numerous ORBS in pictures.. Which could really be anything.. But I feel they are something. My friend and I are making a camping trip to George's Island out in Boston Harbor and we will see what we can find.. Other than that I have found CT a very tough place to find a concrete haunted place.. If anyone has some place they would like to investigate and does not want to go alone.. Let me know. I would be more than willing to go. Look foward to reading everyone's stories and hope to learn about some new places...

I went to Bamforth earlier tonight. I've also heard many stories of people seeing flashing lights but have yet to meet anyone who has actually seen them for themselves. When we first drove past, my boyfriend saw a small, diamond-shaped light in the middle of the cemetery. He didn't want to park to go into the cemetery since it is off-limits at night, and we noticed a state trooper lives a little ways down the road from the cemetery. We parked in front of the cemetery for a few minutes and observed nothing. But, I had him drive back.. Coming from the same way we did the first time (with the cemetery on our right), we both saw the same light again. But, I also noticed it flashed red a minute later.. when he braked. I'm inclined to believe there is something reflective that the car lights were aimed at from that angle. Especially since this kept happening in the same spot, a little to the right and behind the sign for the cemetery. Has anyone heard of any larger lights here or could it just be this? I'm going again tomorrow during the day time to see if there is anything reflective there.

Also, would anyone happen to know if EVPs can be recorded during the daytime? I haven't found any answer to this in my research..

Sorry - meant to say the cemetery was on our LEFT when we were passing it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users