urban legend

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 coolmaal5

coolmaal5

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 10:49 AM

hi ,pls temme wot an urban legend is ????

now dear me ,

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,353 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 31 May 2003 - 03:44 AM

:) Urban Legend is a spooky story going rounds in our city! If you can take time to go through the other posts in this section, I am sure you will get an idea of what an Urban Legend is!
Posted Image

#3 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 07 June 2003 - 01:18 PM

Urban Legends are usually strange events that through the telling from person to person the story grows. Usually there is truth to the story but by the retelling of it many details change . Have you ever heard the story of the vanishing hitchhiker?
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#4 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 14 June 2003 - 09:22 AM

This is the best description I have found yet:

"An urban legend:

appears mysteriously and spreads spontaneously in varying forms
contains elements of humor or horror (the horror often "punishes" someone who flouts society's conventions).
makes good storytelling.
does NOT have to be false, although most are. ULs often have a basis in fact, but it's their life after-the-fact (particularly in reference to the second and third points) that gives them particular interest."
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users