8 replies to this topic

#1 jason82

jason82

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Interests:Music, Guitar, Reading, ghost, some movies and tv

Posted 07 September 2007 - 11:10 AM

I have a sony mini dv with super night shot. I know it says that you shouldn't use it in bright light or it could damage it but if I'm on an investigation and people are using white light flashlights is that enough to hurt it?
Trust me Don't Cross the Streams!!

#2 DeadTrish

DeadTrish

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 11:22 PM

I have a sony mini dv with super night shot. I know it says that you shouldn't use it in bright light or it could damage it but if I'm on an investigation and people are using white light flashlights is that enough to hurt it?

Now I don't know for sure. Not an expert on things but I don't think flashlights could harm it. I mean maybe repeated exposure to really really bright light might. I don't think though other flashlights should harm it. I've been on many investigations with others with white light and mine is still fine. Hey also I have a sony mini dv as well. The super nightshot is great compared to other "regular" night shot. But you might want to look into an extender. Sony makes a great one. I got mine off ebay a while ago. If you just do a search for Sony IR extender. Hope that helps.
TrishDirector/ConsultantAfterlife Investigations: A Paranormal Research SocietyMEMENTO MORI

#3 RON3002

RON3002

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 08:10 AM

I also have the same model and have never had a problem with flashlights.Also the extender is a great investment
RON

#4 DeadWatch

DeadWatch

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:Writing

Posted 08 September 2007 - 09:39 AM

Jason...I agree with the other two here...regular flashlights won't hurt it, but a red filter maintains the IR integrity and normal light could produce false positives.
Todd BanksFounder/DirectorThe DeadWatch SocietyPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 jason82

jason82

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Interests:Music, Guitar, Reading, ghost, some movies and tv

Posted 08 September 2007 - 12:45 PM

Jason...I agree with the other two here...regular flashlights won't hurt it, but a red filter maintains the IR integrity and normal light could produce false positives.

I have a HC38 I dont think the extender fits it...
Trust me Don't Cross the Streams!!

#6 DeadWatch

DeadWatch

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:Writing

Posted 08 September 2007 - 01:03 PM

I meant a red filter for your flashlight. Also you can buy IR illuminators that run off electricity and don't attach to your camera. They come in all sizes from 10 bulbs all the way to 300 bulbs that will illuminate up to 300 feet.
Todd BanksFounder/DirectorThe DeadWatch SocietyPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 DeadTrish

DeadTrish

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 07:08 AM

I have a HC38 I dont think the extender fits it...

The extender should fit any model. The arm it comes with screws into the threads at the bottom which you would normal screw a tripod into. Thats the good thing about the extender. :clap:
TrishDirector/ConsultantAfterlife Investigations: A Paranormal Research SocietyMEMENTO MORI

#8 Richard Kimmel

Richard Kimmel

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 12:19 PM

Quite frankly, I would not consider shining any white light directly at the IR sensor on your camcorder. However, when it comes to still photography, since most current digital cameras utilize an auto-focus beam. I would avoid, if at all possible, other's from flashing their camera directly into yours at close range, this would also be inclusive of camcorders. A good reason to call "flash" when you're about to take a picture while others are photographing.

"He who asserts must also prove" - Aristotle

#9 damckie

damckie

My innersoul rides on a big fluffy cloud....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 01 October 2007 - 03:23 PM

Quite frankly, I would not consider shining any white light directly at the IR sensor on your camcorder. However, when it comes to still photography, since most current digital cameras utilize an auto-focus beam. I would avoid, if at all possible, other's from flashing their camera directly into yours at close range, this would also be inclusive of camcorders. A good reason to call "flash" when you're about to take a picture while others are photographing.

Very well put Richard. Couldn't of said it better myself! Dave
Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users