TB Sanitarium in Bemidji, MN?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 DarkPoet12

DarkPoet12

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 12:04 PM

Are there any REAL stories on this place? I've heard a few but I don't know who is telling the truth or not. I tried to go there last night but it didn't work, lol, don't ask. I'm going back next weekend with some friends. Does anyone know about this place?

#2 MaggieMags

MaggieMags

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 04:05 PM

There are two sanitoriums in the Bemidji area. One is on Lake Julia, about 20 miles out of town, and the other, while well-known, has an unconfirmed location.

I've been to the Lake Julia sanitorium (it's right by my house!) and I'm getting more info on the other.

#3 Kimodias

Kimodias

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 07:35 PM

There are two sanitoriums in the Bemidji area. One is on Lake Julia, about 20 miles out of town, and the other, while well-known, has an unconfirmed location.

I've been to the Lake Julia sanitorium (it's right by my house!) and I'm getting more info on the other.

If any of u could, id like to know the address of that Lake jUlia sanitorim(: im a BSU student and am tryign to setup a paranormal group and ive heard that the sanitorium is a hot spot so... id like to know where it is exactly

#4 taylor

taylor

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:47 PM

Hey,
I'm not sure about any paranormal areas around here, because i just moved here. I would like to be part of a paranormal investigations group. I would be willilng to invest in some equipment and join a team if your interested in getting something going. I live about ten minutes from Bemidji so i'm pretty close. If you want go ahead and e-mail me at william.rickmeyer@gmail.com and we can trry to get an investigation going somewhere. RE:Kimodias

#5 ward26102

ward26102

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 10:47 PM

If any of u could, id like to know the address of that Lake jUlia sanitorim(: im a BSU student and am tryign to setup a paranormal group and ive heard that the sanitorium is a hot spot so... id like to know where it is exactly

Hi, my friend Dave owns the sanitorium on Lake Julia now (for the last couple of years). He lives next to the property. He and I are former BSU students also! I'm sure Dave wouldn't mind if you contact him about looking around out there - he's a fun guy. Here is his website on the place: www.mosquitofarm.com. Let me know if you are interested and I will ask him if it is okay to give you his contact info. Laura.

#6 shawn williams

shawn williams

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 11:02 PM

Hi, my friend Dave owns the sanitorium on Lake Julia now (for the last couple of years). He lives next to the property. He and I are former BSU students also! I'm sure Dave wouldn't mind if you contact him about looking around out there - he's a fun guy. Here is his website on the place: www.mosquitofarm.com. Let me know if you are interested and I will ask him if it is okay to give you his contact info. Laura.

laura i would like to find out more on this location, I would like to set up a night investigation(setting up cameras, tape recorders, ect.) but i will not go out there with out permission of the property owner.
If you could contact me or send me yours or his information that would be great
Thanks

#7 Darkman

Darkman

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 07:34 PM

Hello, I am a BSU student interested in this location as well. Some friends and I were planning on visiting either this or another sanatorium in the area but when I realized we could possibly do it legally with permission I saw an opportunity I couldn't pass up. If anyone could please pass on the contact information for the owner of this property that would be great. I visited the Mosquito Farm site but was unable to locate thee necessary contact info. Any help would be great, thanks.

#8 Kimodias

Kimodias

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 11:33 AM

Laura,

You can contact me at eaglesrock0079@yahoo.com. A few friends and i wish to investigate this sanitorium and would love to get in touch with dave to obtain the permission :clap:

#9 Yahghost

Yahghost

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:31 PM

My nameis robert and I live in Park Rapids, I would love to get help getting access to the sanitorium for a day to do some research and see if it truely is haunted, does anyone have info for the owners? I would love to join any group to do research.

#10 buts77

buts77

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:04 AM

I'm going back next weekend with some friends. Does anyone know about this place?

As far as I know from the experience
visiting with friends is not a good idea.

Go alone. At the night time. Keep introspective feeling... don't try to "find something to show to others"

Just come... walk around...
make a goal to stay alone with yourself.

(I have never visited THAT place you are talking about)
In ghost we trust!

#11 TheresaRHPS

TheresaRHPS

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:07 AM

I'm going back next weekend with some friends. Does anyone know about this place?

As far as I know from the experience
visiting with friends is not a good idea.

Go alone. At the night time. Keep introspective feeling... don't try to "find something to show to others"

In general, the paranormal investigation community does NOT condone going to such places like this alone for safety reasons. While I agree that most people are more open (and entities feel less threatened) when they are alone, I would never ethically tell anyone, especially a college student, to go, at night, to an abandoned hospital alone. Even with permission from the owner, there still could be structural issues, poor cell phone reception, and the ever-present threat of stumbling not upon a spiritual entity, but a living person, lol. And those are just a sampling of the issues that could arise.

As a compromise, I would suggest the following: After obtaining proper permission to be on a site, bring ONE friend who you trust to remain respectful and professional at all times. This person should have a similar mindset as you, and share a common goal--and please realize that we all have our own goals in this field. If you need "alone" time, just make sure that you're within shouting distance of each other at all times. Cell phones are ideal to stay in touch with each other in case you get separated, or to call for help if needed, and walkie-talkies might be an asset as well. Make sure to tell a third party where you're going and when you're expected to return, and if possible, do a daylight walk-through to familiarize yourself with the location and any potential hazards.

And while it doesn't necessarily apply to the issue I'm addressing, its advisable to not forget about other aspects of personal safety as well. With the recent passing of Sara Harris in the news, many groups are going out of the way to educate others on the dangers of airborn particles in the air, and the need for proper masks.
Huntington Paranormal Investigations and ResearchCheck out my website

#12 buts77

buts77

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:11 AM

I never visit such objects alone without the gun and the knife. Sometimes I've visited one object with a gun ready to shoot, aimed forward, like in "doom" pc shooter.
As for criminal incidents, I was NEVER attacked on such objects by criminal groups.
I've met a couple of such groups but now they are my friends ;-)))))))
All criminal attacks that I've encountered were made in public places in big cities under street video cameras where I did not expected any attack ))))

As for me, visiting an "object" with a friend, is a waste of time.
In ghost we trust!

#13 buts77

buts77

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:19 AM

I think I visit objects safely. I take at least 2 flashlights, and I prefer flashlights that do not require keeping them in arms.
I take gloves to protect hands, and sometimes a 20 meters rope in case the building will begin self-destructing and I will need to climb down. Also I've never asked for a permission of the owner. (but I've visited objects in Russia. There nobody cares about the security, abandoned buildings are not secured, even the object is protected, everything you have to do is to take meat for guard dog and 30-100 dollars to give to security workers to buy vodka in case you were caught)
In ghost we trust!

#14 buts77

buts77

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:28 AM

Aslo. Important! In abandoned hospitals beware of Mercury (from broken thermometres). In case it's found - try to leave this side of building ASAP. it can cause latent destructive processes in the body.
In ghost we trust!

#15 TheresaRHPS

TheresaRHPS

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:01 PM

That behavior might be acceptable in Russia, but its not acceptable here. There have been numerous incidents of people looking for ghosts who have been prosecuted, and even shot at and killed for trespassing, as well as people being severely injured or killed for not practicing basic safety. Whenever these events happen, even if the victim is not an actual paranormal investigator, it sets the field back as a whole, and makes us all look bad. Many sites that have great potential for the paranormal have become completely off-limits to all legitimate inquiries based on trespassing and the fear of people getting hurt and turning around and suing.

I assume that it is safe to say that we aren't going to agree on the ethics of this field, and that's fine...but the behavior you are endorsing CAN and often WILL lead to some seriously negative consequences. I hope that our younger visitors and members to the board realize this.
Huntington Paranormal Investigations and ResearchCheck out my website

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users