Cursed earrings cause death.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 MountainWoman77

MountainWoman77

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:35 PM

I have been on this site before however never posted anything not sure if I'm in the correct section.

This still bothers me more then anything & thought other's might take it as a precaution to buying or accepting ANYTHING that you get that deep down bad feeling from. About 8 years ago I went to a jewelry store in Laguna Beach CA and while shopping with my friend came across a pair of blood red teardrop earrings. I have no idea what the stone was but the hooks were both tarnished & to be honest I did NOT want to even touch them. My friend & the shop keeper talked me into buying the pair saying they would look great with my dark hair... well with extreme hesitation I got them. About a month later I wore them for the first time & sure enough I had a terrible, creepy feeling all day. Just about a week later a very beloved friend of mine died in a freak accident at my home! Scared knowing for sure with out a doubt it was the earrings that caused the accident & (yes I had reservations about this) gave them to a coworker/friend that was a spiritual person thinking she'd "take care of them". Sure enough a month later owning them, her beloved Aunt in perfect health died!!! I told her I thought it was the earrings & couldn't apologize enough to her! She said she knew it was the earrings & angry at herself for accepting them she said she took them to a friend of hers to be cleansed in the ocean during a ritual & what happed after that too them I have NO idea. But recently I have been thinking about them & don't know why all of the sudden after all of these years but I just felt for some reason I should share my cautionary tale!

Does anyone know what a blood red stone might be used for & does this sound like a familiar story???

#2 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:27 AM

I don't think the color or kind of stone, or gem matters here. Blood red stones like garnet or ruby are just that..... pretty red stones or gems.
Sometimes though things just carry energy from previous owners. either negative or positive. That's not to say the earrings caused deaths. That would be just coincidental that you joined the deaths with the earrings.
Otherwise we border on superstition ,which leads to living in fear of everything.

On the other hand, if I ever get a bad feeling about some thing that I might want to buy, old furniture or whatever, I either walk the other way or take it home and give it a blessing. You didn't want those earrings to start with probably because they felt "odd". We should listen to our "gut-feelings". That's what they're there for. BUT.... earrings don't cause deaths but you can give them the credit if you like.
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#3 MountainWoman77

MountainWoman77

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:10 PM

Discribing the earrings is only part of me telling my story. Just because they are red does not mean anything... I figured that this would be the response I'd receive. If you have never owned a haunted item, you'll NEVER truly understand the effects it may cause.

#4 TheresaRHPS

TheresaRHPS

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:50 PM

Does anyone know what a blood red stone might be used for & does this sound like a familiar story???

This sounds like a very familiar story...three others that pop into mind are the curses of the Hope Diamond, The Koh-I-Noor Diamond and King Alfonso XII's Opal.

When it comes to "cursed" jewelry, the color of the stone really does have a lot less to do with its reputation. Past owners and even the stone's origin have more bearing (think, blood diamonds). Still, there is very little tangible evidence that the jewelry in this story, or any other, actually is cursed.

Rather, what you have is the phenomena of apophenia...people trying to make meanings and correlations from things where there is none. How could a pair of earrings kill someone who they didn't even belong to? Sometimes when we're trying to make sense of such freak tragedies, we try to connect the dots in ways we normally wouldn't.

That's not to say that an item cannot be haunted...there are many objects that have attachments to them, and many objects, especially jewelry, that seem to hold on to the negativity around them. These objects WILL feel off, something can sometimes be remedied by a cleansing, but its very rare that they would actually affect the wearer themselves so negatively, much less an innocent third party. As in any purchase, if you have reservations, I would advise to step away, no matter what pressure...and if you DO think the item is cursed or haunted...don't give it away to someone without disclosure, lol.
Huntington Paranormal Investigations and ResearchCheck out my website

#5 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:24 PM

TheresaRHPS, you said it all a lot better than I did. I seem to come across, in my posts, as "snarky" and don't mean to. I apologize to MountainWoman for that, if that's the way you read it.
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#6 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • Interests:Spirits, Photography, Paranormal Programs, Old Homes and Cottage Life

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:14 PM

Those same stories came to mind with me.
Right this way to my haunted space.

#7 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:12 AM

My 2 cents worth as a scientific observer? I personally don't believe any item is haunted or possessed. The key in the OP was the line "...I have no idea what the stone was but the hooks were both tarnished & to be honest I did NOT want to even touch them. My friend & the shop keeper talked me into buying the pair saying they would look great with my dark hair... well with extreme hesitation I got them."... Right there is the negative influence. The predisposition is set. From this point on anything negative could be ascribed to them.

The reverse also would hold had the feeling been opposite. You could have fell in love with the earrings, bought them and went out and won a lottery. No that would not have made them "lucky earrings", but certainly that impression would have come across and many would believe that.

Even when you passed them along you did so with a negative aspect...."gave them to a coworker/friend that was a spiritual person thinking she'd "take care of them". ... So the negativity was passed along, the impression made and of course when something happened the earrings got the blame.

Look at the overall picture objectively, completely disregarding the earrings. Over a period of about 8 plus years two people you are aware of have died, one a friend another an aunt of a co-worker. How unusual is that? Most of us have experienced two deaths of those we know over that time frame. In fact death is usually much more frequent than that. Just because two people also came in contact with a pair of earrings is not that much of a connection. Consider too how many pieces of jewelry or other items are passed down to descendants when a person dies, and nothing happens, it is pretty clear why I don't ascribe to items carrying any influence of those who previously owned them. If they did there would be a lot more evidence present. To me an earring is simply an earring.

#8 MountainWoman77

MountainWoman77

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:06 PM

Well, there are a few things to this I did not disclose. For instance three of them being, the lady at the beachside shop did not touch the earrings, she asked ME to place them in the box from the pedestal they were placed on & to be honest, I did NOT think anything of it at all! I just said OK thinking she was lazy. I had asked her where the jewelry in the shop comes from, she said all over, some of it was simply given to her. What the heck... that's a little strange to me! But that's nether here nor there! Maybe... Posted Image

Also I didn't tell my coworker friend how I felt about the jewelry but rather that I just gave them to her & told her 'I had only worn them once & they simply weren't for me.' I had not told her anything figuring I might just be paranoid. Knowing that she's very spiritual I thought if she did have a strange feeling she would have "taken care of them" before anything bizarre happened. (Which she did have an uneasy feeling but didn't tell me about till later not wanting to sound crazy to ME!)

I found out later that we both had nightmares prior to these events occurring of similar events!

Having them in our possession for 1 month & then with in one week of wearing them for the first time, a freak accident occurring, to a beloved person in both our lives and the fact that we both kept them for the same exact amount of time prior to wearing them!?

This all seems to be way to far fetched for me to rationalize no matter how many times I have tried too.

I enjoy reading all of the responses it's very interesting, I do like to stay open minded on all views. Thank you!

(Your not "snarky" Puti... no worries!)

#9 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:02 AM

Thanks for saying that. I don't mean to offend anyone.
Blessings to you.

#10 creepyjon

creepyjon

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:25 PM

I have to side with caverat on this one, I don't see the connection. Too much faith involved and it preludes you into thinking of misconceptions that are skewed away from reality. Things happen in life, trying to pin them on inanimate objects is weak connection. Now if you said I bought the earrings, and all off a sudden there is a ghost in my house, and they were the last old item purchased that is much much different! Ghosts can attach themselves to objects, nothing new there but blaming unrelated indirect deaths on an item is really stretching it even for a true believer with a rational mind.

Edited by creepyjon, 01 September 2012 - 01:25 PM.

Visit Ghosts of the Valley for my collection of paranormal evidence. http://ghostsofthevalley.net

#11 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:48 PM

Even with the additional information, I am going to have to side with caverat as well. IF the earrings had bad energy, it would affect the wearer/owner of the earrings first, rather then hitting someone who had nothing to do with them.
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#12 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • Interests:Spirits, Photography, Paranormal Programs, Old Homes and Cottage Life

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:49 AM

Yes you normally hear about the item affecting the person who owns it.
Right this way to my haunted space.

#13 TheresaRHPS

TheresaRHPS

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:43 PM

Speaking from an amateur psychologist's point of view, even with the additional info, I'm sticking with my apophenia conviction. If someone tragically died in my own home, especially someone close to me, I know I'd personally want answers. And...its human nature to have feelings of guilt, whether warranted or not. Blame has to go somewhere in our minds and a "cursed" pair of earrings taking the wrap is convenient.

As for the second death, seemingly healthy people die every day. It sucks, but it happens. There are a host of medical issues that can go undiagnosed, and often, people don't always disclose full details of their illnesses to family. Again, I think its personally a stretch that it is in any way connected to the earrings.
Huntington Paranormal Investigations and ResearchCheck out my website

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users