• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 SeekX

SeekX

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:16 AM

My touch lamp keeps coming on all by itself sometimes . ;)

The other day for example i was setting in my easy chair with my eyes closed and for no reason the light came on to full brightness this would normally take 3 touches to do that ; it varies at times as to what speed they can choose from , it comes on low and mid and high.

SeekX
:)

#2 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:30 AM

As with any electrical appliance, you should first rule out any mundane causes for experiences such as this. Itís most likely a problem with the wiring or the lamp, itself. Better to be safe than sorry.

My best,
Amanda

#3 rayzrwyre

rayzrwyre

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Interests:I am interested in intelligent conversations with like-minded people who share a fascination with all things paranormal........now where would I find such wonderful people like that???

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:53 AM

Maybe electrical surges as well. Try this; put in a different light bulb, and plug the lamp into a different outlet, preferably in a different room on another breaker. However, it would be much cooler if it was paranormal! If so, I would like to contact one that can manipulate an ATM machine! You know, for scientific reasons!! LOL!
"Excuse me while I slip out of these wet clothes and into a dry martini!" - Groucho Marx

#4 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:07 AM

Wouldnt it be good if it was spirits ? :)

#5 SeekX

SeekX

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:11 AM

As with any electrical appliance, you should first rule out any mundane causes for experiences such as this. Itís most likely a problem with the wiring or the lamp, itself. Better to be safe than sorry.

My best,
Amanda

You are probably right Amanda , it was doing that a lot for a while particularly after my friend died and then later just before and after one of my sisters died and about a moNth ago it stop doing that,

maybe you are right and it somehow healed itself from whatever electrical problem it had, ;)

SeekX :)
Danny

#6 SeekX

SeekX

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:15 AM

Wouldnt it be good if it was spirits ? ;)

That would depend upon the spirits. :)

SeekX

#7 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:19 AM

Well the spirit may have been an electrician :)

#8 Guest_Rinyotsu_*

Guest_Rinyotsu_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:38 AM

The other day for example i was setting in my easy chair with my eyes closed and for no reason the light came on to full brightness this would normally take 3 touches to do that ; it varies at times as to what speed they can choose from , it comes on low and mid and high.

SeekX

I have had this happen to me, but I found the cause. Do you have any of those electric lightning lamps (you touch it and the lightning follows your fingers) this has some effect on touch lamps and makes then go crazy, I had video of it once but the problem was that I had no way of getting it on my computer.

#9 SeekX

SeekX

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:56 AM

SeekX

I have had this happen to me, but I found the cause. Do you have any of those electric lightning lamps (you touch it and the lightning follows your fingers) this has some effect on touch lamps and makes then go crazy, I had video of it once but the problem was that I had no way of getting it on my computer.

No i do not but that is really very good thinking , i will tell you what though that sure does sound like it would be a great video , maybe a friend can help you , it would be very nice to see that,

I do however have a lot of sound equipment mixers , multitracks , amplifiers , effect units and junk like that , could be from an interference but it happens usually when i am doing nothing.

SeekX

#10 Guest_Rinyotsu_*

Guest_Rinyotsu_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2007 - 10:00 AM

SeekX

No i do not but that is really very good thinking , i will tell you what though that sure does sound like it would be a great video , maybe a friend can help you , it would be very nice to see that,

I do however have a lot of sound equipment mixers , multitracks , amplifiers , effect units and junk like that , could be from an interference but it happens usually when i am doing nothing.

SeekX

My friend said he has a digital video camera, we were going to use it to film a diet coke and mentos thing in the pool parking lot on the last day of swim team (we have asked and so far it is a maybe) But I can ask if he can bring it over someday.

#11 SeekX

SeekX

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 10:01 AM

Well the spirit may have been an electrician :)

Could be i have known a few , one in fact did go over to the other side as they say.

I have heard of that somewhere before ; about the ghost of an electrician.

SeekX

#12 SeekX

SeekX

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 10:06 AM

My touch lamp keeps coming on all by itself sometimes . :)

SeekX

SeekX

My friend said he has a digital video camera, we were going to use it to film a diet coke and mentos thing in the pool parking lot on the last day of swim team (we have asked and so far it is a maybe) But I can ask if he can bring it over someday.

Great Idea , i for one would love to see your video and you are a good thinker.

SeekX ;)

#13 civilwarbuff

civilwarbuff

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Interests:making my crafts,love anything that has to do with american history.but mostly civil war.love to read ghost books.go to civil war battlefields.those are haunted to.so i get the history with the ghosts.

Posted 21 August 2007 - 04:29 PM

this has happened to me but we just unplugged the thing.my cat when she would stretch would turn the light on.silly as that sounds.
when sliding down the bannister of life, may the splinters never point the wrong way...an irish blessing.......may those that love us, love us, as for those that dont love us, may God turn their hearts.and if God cant turn their hearts, may God turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limp.

#14 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 21 August 2007 - 06:29 PM

Touch lamps are extremely sensitive, it seems to me. My mother-in-law has several in her home, and you just have to walk past the open door of one room to set that one off.

As was mentioned in an earlier post here, it is always a good idea to rule out ordinary causes/explanations for "strange" happenings. Just because we haven't seen something before doesn't mean that you should automatically think that it is a paranormal occurance.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#15 allege

allege

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:23 PM

I hate touch lamps for just this reason! They can be horible for turning themselves on at the slightest vibration! I have found that more often than not if a touch lamp is involved then it is more likely the lamp and not a ghost.
Never to suffer would never to have been blessed. -Edgar Allan Poe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users