a shadow spider

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 fizzy

fizzy

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 02:56 PM

Hi im just wondering if anyone knows what this is thats in my house or if any one has experienced anything like it. I dont know how to say this with out it sounding silly so ill have to just tell it like it is. In the master bedroom in our house I have often awoke to see a strange shadow like creature above the bed. It reacts to my seeing it and usually floats away or dissapears. My husband did not believe in the paranormal and i did not mention the shadow to him for a while but one night he told me he had seen something in our room. He described exactly what I saw. The first few times I saw it it looked like black crepe paper flying about. it would drift down on the bed or through the walls and dissapear. Over time it has shaped itself into the shape of a spider. It is about a foot wide. One night i went to check on my daughter in her cot and it was in there with her. it looked like it was spinning a web around her. it terrified me. Once i awoke in the night and it was right next to my face. It seemed to panic when i saw it and flailed about a bit and dissapeared. if it wasnt for my husband having seen it too id probably think I was imagining things but it is real. Weve tried to talk to other people about it but nobody else has ever heared of anything like this, and nobody wants to talk about it either because they dont believe us or it scares them. Im sorry about the grammer.

#2 biada

biada

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 04:44 PM

I am leaning towards your imagination or just seeing things when you're half asleep.

I woke up night after a "sleep paralysis" and saw a shadow "head" sitting on my stomach and once it saw it, it floated and smiled at me all the way to the ceiling and disappeared.

And this morning, I awoke to 3 shadow figures pounding my stomach with a log or something. It felt like I was having trouble breathing as the figures were pounding me with the log. It seemed so real though but I was in a half-asleep state.

---------

So yeah, what state were you in when you were seeing these figures? Fully awake?

#3 Gifted

Gifted

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 08:52 PM

Wow fizzy, that's wild and crazy!
A bit disturbing to see it " webbing" around your child.
I've not heard of this before.

edited to add.

Welcome to the family!

Edited by Gifted, 25 December 2008 - 08:53 PM.

#4 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 25 December 2008 - 10:05 PM

Welcome to ghost village Fizzy.
When you said black crepe paper, I remembered 2 incidents when I woke up to see, right next to my bed, a black curtain. Like a lace curtain only it was dull black.

In one of Whitley Streiber's books it is mentioned that he and his wife both saw, on the ceiling above their bed, 2 hugh black spiders. They looked at the spiders until they just dissapated. Weird!

Edited by Puti, 25 December 2008 - 10:08 PM.

"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#5 fizzy

fizzy

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 05:09 PM

hi thanks everyone for getting back to me. In answer to one question i always see it when I am either trying to get to sleep or if I awake suddenly. I thought it was just my eyes seeing things but one night our daughter cried and me and my husband awoke at the same time. I saw it out of the corner of my eye, it floated down onto the bed and dissapeared. My husband looked at me and asked what it was he had just seen. thats why I cant explain it away as just imagining things cos he saw it too. Someone once told me it might be protecting my daughter as i didnt see it before she was born. I dont know if i believe that. I want to believe it. Its just a relief to hear that other people have experienced similar things too. Im glad to have found somewhere i can talk about it. thanks for making me welcome on here. And if anyone else has any suggestions id be glad of them. Maybe it doesnt mean anything, its just something that some people see.

#6 cia_says77

cia_says77

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Interests:Computers, reading, writing poetry and songs, knitting, crochet, and of course the paranormal

Posted 28 December 2008 - 12:42 AM

There have been 3 instances in the past 2-3 years that I have woken up in the middle of the night to something similar. One time it was a spider spinning a web and wiggling its legs above my head. My eyes were open, I was seeing it through the dark. I'm extremely scared of spiders so I got up and turned on the light, nothing was there. It happened again though I can't remember details, and then the last time it happened, it was actually an huge crane fly that flew at my face. It was all phantom bugs, but they looked real, and I"d get up and turn on the light after freaking out, see nothing there, keep the light on and go back to bed lol. I don't know if it was the same thing though

#7 Lamuris

Lamuris

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts
  • Interests:ghosts demons anything paranormal

Posted 28 December 2008 - 11:34 AM

There have been 3 instances in the past 2-3 years that I have woken up in the middle of the night to something similar. One time it was a spider spinning a web and wiggling its legs above my head. My eyes were open, I was seeing it through the dark. I'm extremely scared of spiders so I got up and turned on the light, nothing was there. It happened again though I can't remember details, and then the last time it happened, it was actually an huge crane fly that flew at my face. It was all phantom bugs, but they looked real, and I"d get up and turn on the light after freaking out, see nothing there, keep the light on and go back to bed lol. I don't know if it was the same thing though

Hi fizzy. I have a feeling that this spider creature poses no harm, and may even be protective of the baby as others have told you. In Native American culture, dream catchers symbolize spider web and are placed above sleeping enfants to catch bad energys or dreams. From what you have written nothing bad has happened after these appearances.

#8 Lamuris

Lamuris

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts
  • Interests:ghosts demons anything paranormal

Posted 28 December 2008 - 11:37 AM

Sorry cia, I meant to reply to fizzys comment and clicked yours by accident

#9 ghostman93

ghostman93

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 01:17 AM

i agree with lamuris i dont think this thing wants to hurt you or poses any threat to you or your family
so i wouldnt worry about it to much

#10 AshDawnT

AshDawnT

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 07:51 AM

hi im new here but i had to say something. my daughter wake up tonight saying about a spider had scared her an she was talking with it about all it does in the world. my daughter is 5 yr old but she is very smart she does second grade work even though she is in kindergarten. but it was about 1:45 am in the morning me an  my husband awake to voices. now my son who is 3 yr old shares a room with her he was a sleep the whole time this was going on. he didn't wake up till maybe say 3:50 am. but he wasn't talking to her so who was she talking to. she said a very big spider that only comes out at night an eats all the bad dreams. my 5 yr old said this, so i asked why, she said just because he has to. its 6:45 am now i have looked through tons of lore on spiders an not one of the was anything bad. but as a mom i freak out about anything like this. so hope i was a little help if any at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users