thumbprint's

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 pohowe

pohowe

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 July 2003 - 07:32 PM

Well I am new at this site. I have a story that has recently happened to my father. I am sorry for it's lack of detail. This is how it was told to me by my mother.
    Three day's ago my father left for work. About 20 minutes later he returned. Came in and asked my mother if she was bleeding anywhere. My mother said no and upon her responce he held out his arms. On each forearm of my fathers clean shirt was a bloody thumbprint. As if someone had grabbed him with bloody hands. The shirt was just washed and pressed the night before. Neither my mom or my dad were bleeding anywhere. My father has a bread and does not have to shave. ( a responce I recieved when I posted this on another site. )  My father mentioned that he hopes this is not a bad sign. Changed his shirt and left again for work. What makes this troubleing to me is the event that happened later that evening. When my father came home that night he was washing up and smelled pipe smoke. He called my mother into the room and asked her what she had in there that would smell this way. There was nothing in there that would have that smell. The smell was not through out the bathroom only in one spot. My mothers grandfather used to smoke a pipe. It has happened very frequently in my family that shortly before a family members death. People start smelling his pipe smoke. Nothing has happened since.

#2 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 03 July 2003 - 04:43 AM

pohowe...Welcome to GV!  I hope you will stay a while make yourself at home.

I do have to ask a question...how did your great grandfather die?

Ok...I don't really know how to explain it so I will tell you about the very similar thing that happens in my family.  My grandmother and her grandmother have heard what they call a "death bell".  This ringing sound that they hear is always followed by a family death.  this is very strange and always has been correct since my great, great grandmothers time. ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 pohowe

pohowe

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 July 2003 - 09:43 AM

I am not sure how he passed. I never asked just assumed it was of natural causes. I am glad my family is not the only one out there with these occurances. Great- grandpa is not the only one who has come back for visits. But he is almost always the one who shows up during the passing of a loved one. ( for my mom's side of the family.)

#4 miriel

miriel

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 July 2003 - 02:12 PM

So, it's been a little bit since you posted, have there been any updates?

Curious....
Miriel

#5 reprise

reprise

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 09:04 PM

And here we have a phenomenon at least part of which which can be tested scientifically.

Not only can the blood be tested to determine whether or not it's human, but it can be tested to determine whether or not it belongs to a biological ancestor of your mother.

I'd certainly be looking to establish beyond doubt that the blood is human and doesn't belong to anyone living before I started looking for supernatural explanations of its origin.

#6 Pandora801

Pandora801

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 10:45 AM

We used to have something in the family similar as well. In my Grandpa's house there was a woman downstairs which we think was his mother as my great grandpa bought it right after it was built. It used to be that when there was going to be a death in the family she would cry. The reason why i say used to be is because with the passing of my grandfather she feels there is no need to stay since her grandson hasn't been very respectful to any of the family since my grandpa's passing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users