• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#106 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:41 PM

I still say that the chupacabras of Brazil doesn't resemble a canid; it's closer to what the Puertoriquenos described: bipodal with short arms, a mane or spikes running down the spine, and large eyes.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#107 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,387 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:59 AM

ahhhhh that gives hope, the Myth lives on :kitty: But one thing I frankly do not understand, yet, is how come humans are yet to find the truth about this animal?
Posted Image

#108 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:16 PM

Is there a connection among the various small, vicious, flying monsters that have terrorized unsuspecting people around the globe for decades?

http://paranormal.ab...a-from-hell.htm
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#109 kskattebo

kskattebo

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:49 PM

I had a personal experience with the chupacabra.
Kevin SkatteboRemember remember the 5th of November the gun powder treason and plot, I know of no reason why the gun powder treason should ever be forgot.

#110 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,387 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:50 PM

I had a personal experience with the chupacabra.

Care to share, would love to hear it.
Posted Image

#111 kskattebo

kskattebo

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:52 AM

Lol yeah I was married to one :P. Sucked the life outta me lol. Ok back to reality now no experience I'm to far north but I do believe that they could exist there is soooo much of the world that people have never been to. And ALL myths are based off of real things at one point and time.
Kevin SkatteboRemember remember the 5th of November the gun powder treason and plot, I know of no reason why the gun powder treason should ever be forgot.

#112 SummerMoon

SummerMoon

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 04:40 PM

I recently read that the Chupacabra may be an animal experiment that got loose from a laboratory. They look like a hairless coyote but with some horrific fangs. There are a lot of videos on the internet.

#113 Markway

Markway

Can dowse the moon everytime that it's full!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:33 AM

In the interest of cultural diversity I will treat this topic a bit more seriously than I have previously.

I truly doubt the elaborate claims for this "creature". Is the Chupacabra some unknown cryptid? Now, absolutely not. Why? Because I can find no record of it earlier than about 20 years if that. Also, it seems to be a sort of gargoyle composed of characteristics particular to distinct and almost unrelated animal groups. It most closely resembles the Jersey Devil!

Is there ANY reality to this phenomena? Some of the dead animals are odd. They resemble victims of mange, but not exactly. "Death is a great disguiser" to be sure, but I do not rule out that there may be some other disease involved. So, a coyote with a mystery ailment? That's as far as I'm going with this one.
Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
This much let me avow---
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream:
Yet if hope has flown away In a night,
Or in a day, In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

#114 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:40 AM

Those mangy canines don't resemble the Chupacabras as believed by Brazilians.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#115 Markway

Markway

Can dowse the moon everytime that it's full!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:58 PM

That doesn't bother me especially as no two people groups can agree on just what they do look like.
My specialty is not animal biology but Anthropology does require a fair degree of knowledge concerning characteristics of the animal families.

Basd upon this the Chupacabra is an "impossible" animal. Impossible in the sense that a Centaur or Minotaur would be. That doesn't mean that these haven't been seen by people, but those sightings were either hallucinatory or overlap from another reality.

People who want to claim that these are real animals belonging to the known branches of the animal kingdom simply have to give up the flip-book combinations. Remember flip-books? Each page is cut into three or four sections which turn seperately, so you can have a picture of a Kangaroo, or a kanga's head on hippo body with chicken feet. I mean, points for imagination, but...!!
Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
This much let me avow---
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream:
Yet if hope has flown away In a night,
Or in a day, In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users