Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Weather and Activity??

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Poll: Increase or no...

Increase in activity or None...

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Dodi

Dodi

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Lighthouses, Suprnatural, Photography, Cemeteries, Abandon Buildings (especially Hospitals, or Insane Asylums), learning new things...

Posted 04 August 2008 - 12:27 PM

So I'm not sure if this is where this goes or not...
But...

Anyone living up in the North East know's out weather has been crazy. We've had huge thunderstorms and even funnle clouds and tornado's touching down...

My question would be, has anyone else noticed a increase in activity with the wild weather???

If so I would love to hear what your felings and stories are...

Thanks for reading and responding to my question...
Life, you gotta love it, the humor of it all! After all, isn't that what life is, one big joke???Dodie

#2 Mike-Campbell

Mike-Campbell

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 02:24 PM

I think that the ominous weather might make it seem like there's a higher occurrance of activity, without actually making it so.

I guess it depends on your beliefs about the nature of spirits, but it seems strange to me that they would be impacted as much by the everyday goings on of our physical world.

#3 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 04 August 2008 - 04:23 PM

I voted yes, howeever I should qualify my reasoning. There does seem to be an increase in overall reports but I also feel many of these are false. Electrical activity definitely does cause more interference to equipment. EMF becomes unstable and more difficult to rule out. So in my opinion most of the increase is in false activity. Whether genuine activity increases is something requiring more research, but to date I have seen little or no apparent increase.

#4 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 04 August 2008 - 06:44 PM

Moving this to the General Board. Great topic for discussion, btw!
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#5 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 05 August 2008 - 07:10 AM

~I didn't vote pnly because it was a toss up. Sometimes I think that the electricity in the air may contribute to more activity...but what if it didn't because spirits have their own "laws". They come & go, hide or show at their will. I, here lately, believe that maybe a serious illness or a serious happening is what triggers a spirit(s) to become more active. I have to lean more towards a "yes" on the vote on weather being a factor, only because of the electricity factor. Last night, we had major storms roll through here, lots & lots of lightening (we all even ended up in our basement). The only thing weird was how everytime the sky would light up, my whole mouth would taste like I had a mouthfull of pennies....YUCK!!!
This is such an interesting topic!!! I'm interested as to what others think as well.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#6 Dodi

Dodi

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Lighthouses, Suprnatural, Photography, Cemeteries, Abandon Buildings (especially Hospitals, or Insane Asylums), learning new things...

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:48 AM

Well, I have mixed feeling on this too, that is why I posted it to get others opinions.

I find that the weather effects so much natural and man made.
Our health, state of mind, emotions, computers, TV's ect... so it seemed natural to me to wonder if it effected the supernatural world as it does ours.

There is a part of me that feels it is kinda planted in our mind that with the nasty storms, the supernatural world is stirred up as well. The electric goes out, so we light candles, making shadows seem much more distinct then when the lights are on, no TV or radio on so we hear sounds we've maybe never noticed before, but were these sights and sounds always there and we have just been so wrapped up in our hurried lives we never noticed them?

Then there is the part of me who see's how the nasty storms effect people, causing them pain, very physical pain, nerves to be on endge, sences to be hightened, and I have to wonder if we're not brought up a level in our awareness? And if spirits react to energy and emotion, wouldn't those things that are being experianced cause the interaction with the spirit world to stregnthen too? There are so many pro's and con's to go either way. There is no real solid proof that I know of proving these theories either way, it's more opinions I think, but everythinghas to start somewhere...

So tell me what you think, your opinions. There is no right or wrong to these questions, so let loose and lets here your opinions...

Thank You...

Edited by Dodi, 05 August 2008 - 08:50 AM.

Life, you gotta love it, the humor of it all! After all, isn't that what life is, one big joke???Dodie

#7 GhostCat

GhostCat

Certified husband trainer....guaranteed he won't track dirt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • Interests:Travelling New England by land and sea, local history, houses - as I am a real estate appraiser, I teach Special Education too, love all the kids I work with... they teach me too, lol, and add lots of smiles to my day....my cats, my goffin cockatoo parrot that is loud, smart and talkative, walking, bicycling, skiing, ice hockey, watching the Patriots, the Bruins and the Red Sox (Woo Hoo.. Fenway Painters..My sister and brother in laws business that paint the Park and my nephew that paints the famous "green monster") lighthouses, antiques, gardening, trying new restaurants, classic movies (love Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock), big band music, laughing and being around others that like to laugh, ghost stories - I love to hear other peoples experiences as I have so many to tell myself.

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:06 PM

Interesting topic... The weather has been crazy here in New England. Your area in NH has been experiencing more than mine on the MA/NH line on the coast. I haven't noticed any more than normal paranormal activity. I have noticed the strange weather here has effected people and animals....especially animals. There have been all kinds of crazy things happening in my area regarding wild animals. Just watching the weather and more storms due to come through, and more rain/thunder and lightening as well.. I couldn't believe all that tornado damage in NH.
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-- Robert A. Heinlein

#8 Dodi

Dodi

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:32 AM

I know what you mean, and that's exactly what I mean, it's effected everyone and everything, so maybe it does effect with the supernatural.

As far as wild animals go, we've been on warning on overnights. Last wend a bear was in our parking lot. We're a fairly busy area, so I found that pretty weird.

As far as people go, they've either been off the wall or really mean or depressed. My thought is that I'm not sure I want to see how people are if we get one of these storms on a night with a full moon...lol. This could get interesting.

#9 Atropa belladonna

Atropa belladonna

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests and hobbies. <br />I have enjoyed White Water Rafting down the Penobscot River, Dead River and Kennebec River all on several occasions, Hiking in the White Mountains, Camping, Taking Photographs, watching the horse pull's at Fryeburg Fair, Canning, Sewing, Scrap Booking, Fly Tying, My Artwork........<br /><br />Over the last few years; I have added vegetable gardening, to the job of getting my property back into shape. (it is amazing how well vegetable's mix into a flower garden)<br /><br />I love reading ghost stories and seeing programs on the paranormal.<br />My experiences with the paranormal began when I was still an infant and have continued to this day.

Posted 06 August 2008 - 09:24 AM

I wouldn't think the weather could affect activity, same as day vs night. If there is something present, it will do as it pleases regardless.

I think atmospheric pressures, temperature fluctuations, rain, wind and other weather related changes can add to the likelihood of hearing things, and picking up images on film or digital.

--------------------------------------------------

If there could be an affect, I would guess activity would decrease, I personally get a bit sluggish during "bad weather" and would prefer to sleep rather than being more active.

Good topic Dodi.

M

Time exists so everything doesn't happen at once.Space exists so everything doesn't happen to you.*

Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead.*-- Scottish Proverb

#10 GhostCat

GhostCat

Certified husband trainer....guaranteed he won't track dirt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • Interests:Travelling New England by land and sea, local history, houses - as I am a real estate appraiser, I teach Special Education too, love all the kids I work with... they teach me too, lol, and add lots of smiles to my day....my cats, my goffin cockatoo parrot that is loud, smart and talkative, walking, bicycling, skiing, ice hockey, watching the Patriots, the Bruins and the Red Sox (Woo Hoo.. Fenway Painters..My sister and brother in laws business that paint the Park and my nephew that paints the famous &quot;green monster&quot;) lighthouses, antiques, gardening, trying new restaurants, classic movies (love Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock), big band music, laughing and being around others that like to laugh, ghost stories - I love to hear other peoples experiences as I have so many to tell myself.

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:17 PM

I know what you mean, and that's exactly what I mean, it's effected everyone and everything, so maybe it does effect with the supernatural.

As far as wild animals go, we've been on warning on overnights. Last wend a bear was in our parking lot. We're a fairly busy area, so I found that pretty weird.

As far as people go, they've either been off the wall or really mean or depressed. My thought is that I'm not sure I want to see how people are if we get one of these storms on a night with a full moon...lol. This could get interesting.

Dodi you are seeing what I am seeing. People in my area are depressed or off the wall. Another one of these storms and on a full moon, lol. It will be interesting.

As far as the animals... 2 days ago a horse from a horse farm in Ipswich, Ma for no reason bolted and jumped a 6 foot fence.....he ended up running full speed 15 miles to Newburyport and ended up in my neighborhood, lol. He took route 97, got on the exit ramp to route 95 north, took the exit ramp off to Scotland Road, Newbury and kept on going and was caught in my neighborhood. His owners and his vet were shocked... and surprised he was not hurt. During all these storms, all the seagulls have come inland. My back yard looks like a scene from Hitchcock's movie "The Birds". Canada Geese which we have never had at all come... it is like a safe haven for all these animals. For some reason, the animals are picking locations that they feel are safe..

Doesn't look like better weather until next Monday. I am still keeping an eye on the spiritual activity to see if it increases... nothing strange in my area yet though.

Edited by GhostCat, 06 August 2008 - 07:18 PM.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-- Robert A. Heinlein

#11 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,399 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 09 August 2008 - 12:31 PM

I do believe the weather might increase the activity,mainly because of the mindset of humans. And because of that, the sensitivity for people might be increasing.
Posted Image

#12 OMPRDave

OMPRDave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Interests:Family, fishing, hunting, camping, history, photography, poetry/writing, and last but not least, paranormal investigation

Posted 09 August 2008 - 01:18 PM

I voted no, simply for the fact we don't know if it does affect a purported haunting or not. I do agree that weather conditions can affect the environment in ways most people don't fully understand. We had a thunderstorm the other night, and I have an old, unplugged television below my new one in my entertainment center for the kid's video games. Even though it was unplugged, it was flashing sporadically when we'd get lightning hits (not sure how far the lightning was but I'd guess within five miles). No idea why it was doing it, which leads me to believe that if lightning can affect the inner workings of my old tv then it can affect our senses, creating illusions of ghostly activity.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation." Herbert Spencer

#13 Dodi

Dodi

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 08:03 AM

HEY, Thank you for the replies. There were no right or wrong answers, just opinions. And I am enjoying the opinions I am reading. Now let me ask if there are any personal stories that lend you to have the opinion you have??? I would love to read them, and to those who have added them already, I thank you... Keep them comming please...

#14 levi

levi

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:ghost hunting, roadtrips, playing guitar, horror movies, and being me.

Posted 11 August 2008 - 11:09 PM

I think the weirdness level has increased lately. I'm a courier and it seems more places have that paranormal feel to them. I would say out of 50+ stops a day I'm currently getting about 7-8 a week, compared to about 2. I get that instant feeling of dread in my stomach when I approach a stop with nothing obivous to link them together ie. no big snarling dog, not all in the slums, and not all "haunted house" looking. the other day I had delivery for one of the freaky houses and I needed a signature. I rang the doorbell (heard it ring), started writing out a door tag, heard footsteps coming to the door (sounding heavy enough to be an adult), and nothing no one opened the door or asked"who is it", . I then knock and say "costly and slow delivery service I have a package for M. Adams". still nothing, so I door tag the house and keep going on my way. about an hour later I get a message asking if I can go back to that address. so I go back same weird vibes, ring the doorbell, a lady answers the door and apologizes that nobody was home since she had to pick up her son. as a point of reference the route I'm doing I'm comfortable on, almost know the town like the back of my hand, and I've been doing this job for a while.
last summer (?) on my old route I remember a week like this where I actually had a conversation with a customer (he was a business owner and a regular customer, seemed levelheaded,and very chipper) on how there there was strange energy in the air. him and I never talked about the paranormal/supernatural before or after that. I also got bit by a vets dog that wasn't aggressive to me before or after that week and an abandoned house gave off stronger vibes than normal. that route I can run blindfolded and worked it for a while.
this past weekend I noticed my "haunted" guitar is being difficult, the neck went out of adjustment, the volume control broke off,and the tone control sticks so bad that I need a screwdriver to move it. I have 6 guitars. the other 5 are fine. one is from the same time period with the same neck as my "haunted" one and nothing has changed on it.

note I changed the company I work for and the customers name.

Edited by levi, 11 August 2008 - 11:10 PM.

Sign says "next sign 30 miles."

#15 pharmacy chick

pharmacy chick

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts
  • Interests:I love to read, play games, watch TV. Go out and socialize with friends. I love the outdoors.<br />I've always been interested in the supernatural and love to learn new things about it everyday.

Posted 12 August 2008 - 02:00 AM

I don't really know if the weather has changed our sensitivity in Iowa much, but I will say we have been getting strange weather the past couple of months. I myself have been acting differently lately. I feel alot more sensitive and emotional. I've also noticed my dreams are more off the wall than usual. Trust me it's normal for me to dream weird things but lately things have been differen't. I wish I could explain it more but I can't. I just know I'm very emotional and short tempered more than usual. I don't usually hear things in my house that some of my other family members have heard but here lately I would say things have been the opisate. At work and at home. Maybe I'm under alot of stress or maybe it is because of the increased storms were haveing. All I know is I'm ready for things to calm down. :( :D :hug:
"Can you see the face behind the mirror?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users