• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Joven76

Joven76

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 01:08 PM

Hello all my friends from Ghostvillage… I know I’ve been away for a while, not posting much of anything, but I have been keeping an eye on the village… Just haven’t had much to post about… Until now… 

As a paranormal investigator, I’ve had plenty of experiences, but none in my own home… Until last night… Now my wife (Purplebutter) and I have been noticing something rather odd the last few weeks, but we’ve always brushed it off as something else… The lights in our front entry way always seem to be on when we come home, even though we thought someone turned them off… Because this is easily dismissed as someone forgetting to turn off lights (mainly me), we’ve never thought much of it… However, we have become more adamant of turning the lights off when we leave the house… Lately, we’ve been coming home and the lights are on… But yesterday was a bit different… I leave for work early in the AM, while PB and our daughter leave later… PB claims that before she left, she and our daughter turned every light off in the house, and double checked them to make sure… When they got home in the afternoon, the front entry lights were on as well as the dining room and living room lights… They both swear they were turned off, so I got a nasty phone call at work telling me I forgot to turn off lights when I came home for lunch… But I didn’t… I didn’t have time yesterday… I was at work the whole time…

But that’s not the end of our experiences last night, and this one we haven’t been able to explain yet… Last night when I came home, I went upstairs to change into something a bit more comfortable, sat myself down in front of my PC, and started working on some changes to my team’s website… Around 8pm, our daughter went off to bed, while PB went upstairs to change and bring a book down so she could read… The house was rather quite up until 10:30pm when we heard a strange noise coming from upstairs… I looked at PB and nonchalantly told her it was the washing machine, thinking she had gone upstairs to start a load… (When I start working on something on my PC, the house could fall down and I wouldn’t notice it according to PB)… She told me she hadn’t moved from the sofa since she came back down stairs… So I ran upstairs to look at the machine… It was half way through its wash cycle, which means it had already been running for at least 10 minutes… It didn’t look as if anything had been disturbed or fallen onto the machine to hit the button, so I was able to rule that out… So I next opened the machine and there was no laundry inside… That rules out PB going up to start a load and forgetting she did (yea, like that would happen… LOL)… You have to push the button on the machine rather hard to get it to turn on, so I doubt our cats would have jumped up onto the machine and accidentally turned it on… So I broke out our EMF meter to see if there was something abnormal, but all the readings were fine… So I let the machine finish it’s cycle… Nothing else happened that night…

One other thought we had was that our daughter woke up in the middle of the night and turned it on, but we don’t think that happened either due to the fact we have bells on her door and hear them every time she opens her door… I even checked on her and she was still asleep…

Now what’s really odd about this whole experience is we held a “mock” investigation at my house last Saturday night… My brother has always wanted to know what we do on an investigation, so we thought we’d show him… Just broke out recorders, EMF, and barometric meters so we could give him an idea… Nothing happened that night and nothing was picked up on recorders (didn’t really expect to catch anything since nothing much has ever happened in our home anyway)…

So has there always been something with us and we just haven’t interacted with it, is it something just passing through, saw what we were doing and decided to have some fun with us, or is it something else??? We still cannot figure out what happened and we’re still researching it, but thought I’d just share this little experience with all of you…

Have a good one...

Christopher
PB&J Paranormal proudly supports the St. Baldrick's Foundation for childhood cancer research so that all children diagnosed with cancer will have a better chance for a cure.

Posted Image

#2 ladyyymadonna

ladyyymadonna

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal & The Unexplained.

Posted 30 June 2009 - 01:15 PM

Hey that is very interesting. Do you know of anything that has happened in the house before you, or were you the first owners? Can't wait to hear anymore info! Perhaps get your camera and take a few shots, I wouldn't doubt you catching anything!

Thanks,
Lady

All You Need Is Lovehttp://toppun.com/Peace-Signs/Peace-Flags/1960

#3 Joven76

Joven76

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 01:24 PM

Hey that is very interesting. Do you know of anything that has happened in the house before you, or were you the first owners? Can't wait to hear anymore info! Perhaps get your camera and take a few shots, I wouldn't doubt you catching anything!

Thanks,
Lady

We are the first owners... This house, or rather town home, was built in 2007 and we purchased it brand new... All we know about the land is it used to be farm land, but that's about it...
PB&J Paranormal proudly supports the St. Baldrick's Foundation for childhood cancer research so that all children diagnosed with cancer will have a better chance for a cure.

Posted Image

#4 ladyyymadonna

ladyyymadonna

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 01:51 PM

Thanks for the fast reply! :) Perhaps the land you are living on was once worked on by slaves? There really is no telling but there can be a lot of ideas to come up with! Keep us posted with any further info you receive.

#5 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 01 July 2009 - 08:16 AM

I don't think that hauntings always have to be caused by something dramatic as slaves or Native Americans or murder, etc. Sometimes it's simply an earthbound spirit who wants to make its presence known. It can be a deceased loved one, and not necessarily recently deceased, stopping by. Joven, I'd continue your investigation of the house - but for real this time. Let us know what happens.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#6 Joven76

Joven76

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 10:19 AM

We were planning on doing a real one this weekend, however some of my team are going to be in MD for another investigation, and I'd like to have all hands on deck for this... Plus, with the 4th this weekend, I'm afraid there may be too much contamination... So, we'll keep an eye, and ear, out for anything out of the ordinary... However, I am going to be setting up our DVR system to record the lights to see if we can catch them coming on by themselves while we are away...

But I feel it was just something passing through, and I guess they needed to do some laundry... LOL

Posted Image

#7 ladyyymadonna

ladyyymadonna

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 10:58 AM

Yes you are right Redhed, can't always assume that is the case. :P

Lookforward to seeing what you may catch on film!

#8 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 01 July 2009 - 05:30 PM

hey, too bad the dirty laundry was not added to the washing machine when it started running! that would have been useful! LOL

Let us know if you catch anything on video. Good Luck
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#9 GhostCat

GhostCat

Certified husband trainer....guaranteed he won't track dirt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • Interests:Travelling New England by land and sea, local history, houses - as I am a real estate appraiser, I teach Special Education too, love all the kids I work with... they teach me too, lol, and add lots of smiles to my day....my cats, my goffin cockatoo parrot that is loud, smart and talkative, walking, bicycling, skiing, ice hockey, watching the Patriots, the Bruins and the Red Sox (Woo Hoo.. Fenway Painters..My sister and brother in laws business that paint the Park and my nephew that paints the famous "green monster") lighthouses, antiques, gardening, trying new restaurants, classic movies (love Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock), big band music, laughing and being around others that like to laugh, ghost stories - I love to hear other peoples experiences as I have so many to tell myself.

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:05 PM

I loved reading what you wrote.. :) The fun of living in a "haunted house". I grew up in one and remember the feelings of knowing your every move, like... " that light was off" and then it was on, and that "door was closed tight" and then it was open, and so forth and so on. Even in the home I live in now with my husband, it was built in the late 80's, we were the only owners and the land was my husband's families farm land. We were having paranormal things happen about 3 years ago for no reason. Our refrigerator door (and this was a brand new heavy stainless steel one) was opening by itself every night and only between the hours of 8 and 10 pm. It was freaky, we thought it was one of us accidentally leaving it open and then we became aware of every movement we made. We actually saw it open by itself once. Refrigerator doors do not open by themselves!! We set up a camcorder each night, and nothing happened and has not since. Washing machines do not start by themselves either!! It will be interesting to see if it happens again or if anything else happens. It is funny how spirits like to play with appliances. In the house I grew up in, we had a female spirit that like to iron. My mother would flip out thinking that one of us girls left the iron plugged in and we didn't. One day, my father saw the iron actually ironing on the board by itself and then stand up and saw the plug pull out of the socket by itself... Let us know if more happens..
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-- Robert A. Heinlein

#10 Joven76

Joven76

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 08:19 PM

Hey Cat....

Actually, last night we put laundry into the wash and announced that if they wanted to do a load, they could share the next load... But alas, nothing happened... And the lights have been staying off too... Oh well...

Posted Image

#11 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 01 July 2009 - 10:50 PM

Interestingly enough I was at work today and was discussing ghosts with a co-worker. He was telling me that on occasion the bell on his microwave's timer will "ding" on it's own. It's the dial type of timer you have to physically turn to set. Also gets the smell of coffee brewing when the micro "dings". He doesn't own a coffee maker. The house was his mother's and she passed away a couple of years ago. He thinks it is his mom making coffee with the microwave. I believe him!
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#12 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Art, Paganism, Animals

Posted 02 July 2009 - 01:55 AM

It would seem to me that if you have lived in the place for a couple of years and never experienced any activity before now, it is would be more likely you attracted the attention of a visitor as opposed to a permanent resident. But then again you never know.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#13 Joven76

Joven76

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 05:51 AM

It would seem to me that if you have lived in the place for a couple of years and never experienced any activity before now, it is would be more likely you attracted the attention of a visitor as opposed to a permanent resident. But then again you never know.

This is exactly what I thought... It may have just been something passing through, saw we were doing an investigation on Saturday, and decided to show us they were around...

Posted Image

#14 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 02 July 2009 - 04:54 PM

Hey Cat....

Actually, last night we put laundry into the wash and announced that if they wanted to do a load, they could share the next load... But alas, nothing happened... And the lights have been staying off too... Oh well...

aww, it was worth a shot, wasn't it? LOL :Spaz:
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#15 lillycat

lillycat

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 03:18 PM

As an investigator could you have a tag along spirit who came home with you? A friend of mine works in an antique store and has had some interesting stories about lights coming on overnight and hearing voices, giggles and crying after they recieved a group of antique toys in their store. Have you brought any used furniture or garage sale finds into the house? I lived in a haunted house for several years and I believe someone is simply welcoming you home by turning on lights. Your spirit probally missed your energy. We had the light situation and a boom box which would turn on usually in the wee hours as some of our homes events. I'd have the house blessed or cleansed in any manner that you find comforting and say prayers of protection before and after you investigate haunted areas.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users