Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo
- - - - -

Question about video downloading software...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Joven76

Joven76

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 10:17 PM

I'm about to embark on my first investigation and am gathering my equipment... My father in law gave me his old video camera... Well, it's not that old... It's a Panasonic PV-DV400D... As I was testing it tonight, I found the IR filter and tested it with some success... My only issue with it is that it records off of a Mini DV tape...

I know it has the capability to download the video with the right software, but the software that came with the camera is so out dated, it won't work with my new PC... So I would like to know if anyone out there can suggest software I can use to download the video I capture to my PC... I can't seem to find anything on Best Buy or Circuit City. com...

Any suggestions would be helpful...

Christopher
PB&J Paranormal proudly supports the St. Baldrick's Foundation for childhood cancer research so that all children diagnosed with cancer will have a better chance for a cure.

Posted Image

#2 ghostlady333

ghostlady333

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 11:28 AM

Hi Christopher, I use a Canon video camera with mini DV tapes. You may have to buy a "firewire" connector cable from your camera to your computer. I use Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0 (the video companion to PhotoShop) for my editing software. The 4.0 version is now out. The cost is about $99 I think. It's a good "pro-sumer" level software - probably has many features you'll never use, but is easy to use and then burn to a DVD or to export to a flash format for uploading to the web or as a .wmv movie. Good luck! Amy

#3 Joven76

Joven76

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 11:36 AM

Thanks Amy... I appreciate the help... I was finally able to get in touch with the Panasonic help desk, I have a Panasonic PV-DV400, and they told me about the firewire... Once I got that and plugged it into my PC, Windows Movie Maker popped up and downloaded my video for me... Much cheaper alternative than what Best Buy was suggesting I do...

Once I have a few investigations under my belt, I may upgrade to a better program... For now I need to buy a new battery for my camera... The one I have now only lasts for about 45 minutes before it cuts out, but what do you expect from a battery that's over 4 years old... I actually have found an extended life battery that should last for a while... The one I have is an 800mAh, the one I'm getting will be 2200mAh...

I have my first investigation on Saturday, and I've just joined a group that is new and will be going on investations with them shortly... :clap:

Thanks again for the suggestion on Adobe Primere Elements...

Christopher
PB&J Paranormal proudly supports the St. Baldrick's Foundation for childhood cancer research so that all children diagnosed with cancer will have a better chance for a cure.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users