8 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 08:00 PM

Hey Ghostvillagers,

Weird Massachusetts is a new book I'm working on. I'm currently looking for ghost encounters, UFO sightings, witnesses of Bigfoot and other strange creatures, and other general weirdness that has taken place in Massachusetts.

If anyone has a story to tell, I'd love to hear it. You can post it here or email me at: info@ghostvillage.com. Full credit will be given to those who want it, though you can also remain anonymous if you wish.

I'm looking for the ancient mysteries, folklore, and people who make Massachusetts unique. The book is scheduled to be published late in 2007 so this is what I'll be focusing on in the coming months.

Thanks in advance!

-Jeff
Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#2 starlitkate

starlitkate

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Interests:www.unexplained-mysteries.com<br />www.angelsghosts.com

Posted 28 November 2006 - 10:29 PM

Your books seem very intersting, I'll have to take a look sometime.

Click Below to View my Site!!

Posted Image

#3 Night Star

Night Star

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, animals, reading, music, dragons, fairies, elves, being creative...

Posted 03 December 2006 - 10:37 AM

Wow! I'm looking forward to the publication of this one! :hug:
Posted Image

#4 missylou

missylou

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:I love all things outdoors.Gardening,fishing,hunting,horse-back riding,swimming,bugs. I also enjoy reading,writing,arts,crafts,woodwork,sewing,watching movies,cooking,etc.

Posted 03 December 2006 - 10:49 AM

:hug:
looking forward to the newbie!
I tell my daughter that we found her in the forest, and that (due to her rather large feet) she is the illegitimate offspring of Bigfoot.....does that count? lol!
Missy Reyes

#5 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 12:50 PM

Missylou,

Not unless she really is the illegitimate daughter of Bigfoot. :clap:

-Jeff
Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#6 Gwen24

Gwen24

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 07:41 PM

how about the dover demon?
We are all different that is the only thing we have in common.

#7 Harmony1215

Harmony1215

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Music (all kinds except country), Witchcraft (mainly celtic but interested in everything). I love learning about all different types of religions.
    I sing the national anthem a few times a year.

Posted 24 January 2007 - 10:40 AM

The bridgewater triangle, that's an interesting place to visit.
http://members.aol.c...4/btriangle.htm

http://paranormal.ab.../aa110303_3.htm

I never knew about this place until I moved to college and started having an interest in the paranormal. I grew up in this area and I remember seeing a lot of strange lights in this area, i never realized that it was a hot spot for activity. go figure!

#8 Harmony1215

Harmony1215

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Music (all kinds except country), Witchcraft (mainly celtic but interested in everything). I love learning about all different types of religions.
    I sing the national anthem a few times a year.

Posted 24 January 2007 - 11:39 AM

Oh yea and I completely forgot, i grew up in a "haunted house" in Whitman MA. My dad did some research and ended up finding pics of our house in old "haunted house" books and magazines.
We lived on Temple St it was the house that is right on Rt. 27 and a side street (the roads forked and our house was smack dab in the middle of the fork, where the "welcome to whitman" sign is located).
We lived there for 15 yrs, the only thing i ever felt was when i would be by myself (the parents would go out for the night and leave me alone I was 12-16 during this time) when i was alone, i always felt more comfortable upstairs than downstairs, and I refused to go to the cellar and do my laundry down there, in fact I would wait and go to my mom's house in Hanson to do my laundry than to do it in the basement of that house. I only went to the basement about 5 times in the 15 yrs I was there, every time i went down there i felt like i was being watched by something menencing and evil. I swear it felt like i was being chased out of the basement each time i went down there. I told my parents about it a few months ago and they also agreed w/ me that they felt something in the basement too.

When my father did some research he found out that (years ago) an elderly lady had been killed by her caretaker (a male) by smothering her w/ a pillow in her bed. When the house was sold, weird things started to happen to the new couple who had bought the house, esp. to the husband. After a while they had someone come in to cleanse the place, the person found out that the mattress that the lady had died in was still in the house in the basement. She told the new owners to get rid of the mattress and everything would be ok. (this is at least the story that I remember from years ago).

Every Halloween we would try to make the house inviting for the kids to come and trick or treat BUT no one would ever come to our house b/c it was the "haunted house" of Whitman. When we moved out of the house about 5-8yrs ago the house went through like 2 or 3 owners in a matter of months, so the rumor startted up again that it was haunted. Who knows maybe it just liked our family and dind't bother us as much. I would buy that house in a second if it was for sale again, other than dealing w/ the basement it was a beautiful house!

#9 ICY

ICY

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 04:58 PM

Boy did I come to the right place! I live in MA and every house we have lived in has its own extra features you won't find in a new house! Since I was small we have lived with ghosts, seen UFOs, in CT and MA ! There was the Charlton demon... that one was by far the worst and it took a fire in the building to put it at bay...we could still feel it but it was weakened by the fire. I lived there when my son was born and died in 87 three days before christmas ( long before the fire) I still believe the demon had something to do with it since they didnt find a reason, it just- was. I have tons of stories- hopefully I can get back here to tell them.
Lin

Hey Ghostvillagers,

Weird Massachusetts is a new book I'm working on. I'm currently looking for ghost encounters, UFO sightings, witnesses of Bigfoot and other strange creatures, and other general weirdness that has taken place in Massachusetts.

If anyone has a story to tell, I'd love to hear it. You can post it here or email me at: info@ghostvillage.com. Full credit will be given to those who want it, though you can also remain anonymous if you wish.

I'm looking for the ancient mysteries, folklore, and people who make Massachusetts unique. The book is scheduled to be published late in 2007 so this is what I'll be focusing on in the coming months.

Thanks in advance!

-Jeff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users