is it true?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Widdershins

Widdershins

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:53 PM

Back with time to write about my second incident where a dog was aware of a ghost: It was a few years after my Border Collie and I'd had the experience with the ghost on the haunted road at dusk. I'd married, had a child and acquired a Lassie-type (large) Collie dog. When my son was 4, in 1974, his father left us, but we were still living in our split-entry house in rural Irwin, PA (nearest big city was Pittsburgh).

I was reading Tarot cards semi-professionally then and had gone to a party to read for the guests. A young bi-racial couple (unusual back then in that neck of the woods) asked me to read for them and I saw danger and possible death/destruction. I'd never seen cards that bad all come up in one reading and I had no idea how to handle it, but they were sweet and I didn't think I could live with myself if I didn't try to dissuade them from leaving on a long trip west the next day.

They were concerned, but said they had to go to reclaim her kids (who were with grandparents). When I went home, I put my son to bed and went to bed myself, with our Collie (named Sugar) lying beside my bed. The hall carpet was deep shag, but I heard the oddest thing: footsteps, each one followed by a dragging noise, that sounded as if they were on a hard floor, not on carpeting. The dog suddenly jumped to her feet, growling and I watched as the fur in her ruff stood on end. She slowly walked stiff-legged toward the approaching footsteps, growling louder with each step.

Finally, she charged out into the hall out of my line of sight and I dashed across the hall, grabbed my little boy and we went out through a window in my bedroom. I came back with my neighbor's hubby who carried his gun and went through the whole house, but found nothing. We slept with all the lights on that night.

The haunting continued and we actually got used to it--even the Collie!--because nothing ever happened, other than those sounds in the hallway. I had a feeling that something evil connected to the young couple I'd read for was to blame and contacted the lady who gave the party to see if they were OK. She said they'd disappeared into thin air a few states away and the state police there were searching for them, but feared foul play.

A few weeks later, I left my son with a teenaged sitter for a couple of hours and came home to find them and the dog huddled under a blanket out on the front porch, despite it being winter and freezing cold. I'd forgotten to warn her about the ghost and she'd heard it and grabbed the kid and run, just as I did the first time I heard it.

Eventually, after I burned sage and lit white candles, it just went away and I never found out exactly what it was. The young couple never turned up, alive or dead, either.

Widdershins

#17 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:14 PM

What a wonderful story. I like when people can learn to coexist with ghosts.

I have a similar story.

Shortly after my father passed over, his spirit came to visit. He would sit on my loveseat, which incidentally is where my dog would sit. One afternoon, he was there and my dog was looking longingly at the seat so I said: "Dad, please move from there so Treena can sit down. You don' t even need a chair anymore." He obligingly got up and moved across the room and I was watching her watching him.

That was one of the most incredible things I have ever experienced. :kitty:
petunia4998

#18 ali88baba

ali88baba

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy cooking, baking, playing The Sims 2 on PC, crochet, and of course, ghost stories!

Posted 11 November 2011 - 07:58 PM

My dogs used to bark at the ceiling in my current home, but it turned out that there were squirrels in the attic.

Ali

#19 marilsolstice

marilsolstice

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:00 AM

I strongly believe that they could see and even interact with the paranormal. I experience this one night when I was at my friends house. All the dogs were pointing and howling towards their house. We could sense the presence too and it was known that my friend's house what haunted by earthbound entities.

An Interesting new way on sharing your Paranormal experiences click here!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users