• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 MsPms

MsPms

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 26 May 2003 - 05:57 AM

Hello. I just found this site tonight and so far, I love it. You all have some very good advice!
I feel like sharing with you what I can not share with my family and friends because they think I'm crazy!I've lived in this very small apartment for almost 5 years and some strange occurances have been happening.
About 3 weeks after I first moved in, my friend and I were sitting in the living room on the sectional sofa. We had just finished dinner with the plates, silverware, glasses on the coffee table placed between us. We were talking and one fork raised off the table and in a high arc, landed on the floor opposite me. Both of us looked at the fork, looked at each other and continued on with our conversation. It was later on that night that I thought, "maybe she kicked it off", but she had her feet on the couch (yes bad manners, but its ok :), and i had my feet stretched out to my side on the couch.
It seems that about every other month something strange happens.
 I've heard the oven door opening. Its very old and is very noisy door. When I went to go look, it was closed.   Theres been electronic hand held games that go off in the night.
The living room lamp will turn completely off while still plugged in and good lightbulb.
Theres been other occurances but I can not think of them at this time.
However, the most strange this is, when these things happen, whoever is witnessing them (mostly me and my 11 year old son), stays completely calm. It is only afterwards when I have time to reflect on what happened and the possible earthly reasons they might have happened is when I get that icky scary feeling.
If someone is being haunted, would that also explain extreme constant physical and mental fatigue?
What is your opinion? Am I crazy or what?
Posted Image

#2 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 26 May 2003 - 07:15 AM

Hi MsPms  (okay that's scary for me)  I also live in a haunted house.  Check out personal encounters-new old house if you would like to read our story.  It can get rather tiring as you don't sleep as soundly as you otherwise would and it can also make you tense waiting for the next thing to happen.  My suggestion would be to try and communicate with the spirit.  Get a hand held recorder and some night sit and ask questions.  Usually when you have activity (from what I've seen) it's for a reason...they/it wants you to know that they are there and perhaps wants you to communicate.  Give it a try and see what happens.  Also take some photos and see if you can capture anything.  Do your own little investigation and see what happens.  Also, you might want to do some research and see if you can find out some history on the building.  Good luck and no...you're not any more crazy than the rest of us here at GV! ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 MsPms

MsPms

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 26 May 2003 - 08:33 AM

Would taking pics with a webcam work?
Posted Image

#4 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 26 May 2003 - 04:07 PM

MsPms...you might get very lucky and get something with a webcam but they aren't usually very quality cameras and generally don't produce the best pics.  Of course this is just my opinion and others may differ.  If you read our thread on personal encounters-new old house, and viewed the pics that I posted...here is what I did.  I put some 400 speed film in my 35mm camera and carried it around the house with me for a few days.  When I "felt" something like being watched I would snap pics in that direction.  When I did this I ended up with a total of 7 different orb shots and 1 mist.  Give it a try...I them just scanned them on the scanner.  If you don't have a scanner you can always have the developer make you a disc for the computer! ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 MsPms

MsPms

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 02:17 AM

Thank you, I'll try that.
Posted Image

#6 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,399 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 27 May 2003 - 04:44 AM

okay! first lemme WELCOME you aboard! :) Nice to know you are enjoying the stay. And YOU ARE NOT CRAZY! Try out what krc has mentioned. I too have some problems in a room and I am yet to try what was suggested! see you around! keep smiling :)
Posted Image

#7 MsPms

MsPms

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 07:48 AM

Thank you all very much for the warm welcome. Today I am going to take some pictures (after I clean up the place a bit heh  :) )

I'll keep ya updated.
Posted Image

#8 ghosthunter_girl

ghosthunter_girl

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 07:58 PM

Good luck MsPms with your investigation, and I can't wait to see your pics! I think you're really lucky...I am still waiting to have a ghostly encounter!  :)
"The head are the invisible ones, but not the absent ones." -Victor Hugo

#9 ohhorror

ohhorror

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Interests:Photography, I love digital infrared photography, History, Computers and of course computer games, Psychology, Strip Clubs, Oh, and of course ghost hunting and paranormal studies.

Posted 29 May 2003 - 08:35 AM

[glow=red,2,300]MsPms[/glow]

Hello!

Even though it has already been said, I will say it again "crazy you are not".

KRC gave you very good advice, I would have said the same try the recorder and asking questions make sure to always use a new tape and an external microphone (unless it's a digital recorder) the built-in microphones actually pick up the noise from the recorder running as well as whatever you are trying to record, external microphones cut down on this internal noise.

As KRC said from everything you posted it seems that the spirit is trying to get your attention. It does not seem to be violent or causing any major problems, so there is no reason to be afraid.

I grew up in a haunted house (you can check it out under the encounters section on GV) my family still owns it and my Mom is now using a recorder on a daily basis to communicate with the ghost, (Mother's Day present). Our house was and is still very active with banging on doors in the middle of the night, footsteps up and down the hall, shadows moving across the room, even the figure of a man has been spotted at least twice. The ghost in our house became like a member of the family we just could not see, it just became a natural part of our lives that our house was haunted.
Posted Image Founder of the Connecticut Paranormal Research Team - www.ctparanormal.comhttp://www.myspace.com/ghosthunterx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users