• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 ghosthunter_girl

ghosthunter_girl

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 04 July 2003 - 10:16 PM

I may have possibly had my first encounter with the paranormal!

I was at my boyfriend's house the other night and we were laying there trying to sleep when all of a sudden there was a huge BANG at the door. It sounded like someone had thrown a baseball at his door. It scared the crap out of us! Then he got up to go see if his dad had accidently hit the door, and when he left, I swear it was like he was still in there. It felt like someone else was in the room with me, but I was completely alone. His dad had been sleeping on the living room couch down the hall, and no one else was in the house at the time, so it was very odd.......

We tried to forget about it, but I kept getting freezing cold, like there was a draft getting into the blanket, but I was huddled up into 2 blankets and in my boyfriend's arms, so I should have been pretty warm...but I just kept getting this chill, and nothing was warming me up!

He just moved into this house about a month ago, so we're not sure of the history. I bet the house was built in the 40's or 50's....so I'm very curious to find out what's behind this house!

I wanted y'all to know about my first experience!!!  ;)
"The head are the invisible ones, but not the absent ones." -Victor Hugo

#2 Angel

Angel

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 05:21 PM

Hey I guess I should say 'congrats?' I kinda like being on 'the edge' just having the feelings and BARELY seeing things, I think if I had to face it outright, you guys might just have 2 send this newbie to the nut house! :'(
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." Buddha (563BC-483BC )

#3 maharet

maharet

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 12 July 2003 - 09:57 PM

Okay, the skeptic is still skeptic but beginning to suspect she has been having paranormal encounters.

The house I live in isn't very old, maybe a year older than I am, so no one has died here. I'm beginning to suspect we have a poltergeist.

There have been several nights now, where there has been no wind outside and the windows in the house have been closed, and there has been a distinct rapping on my bedroom door or on the bathroom door; someone knocking not something thumping on the door, but no one is there when I open the door or say "come in."

Objects have been placed somewhere and then been moved to other locations when everyone is in the same room for a period of time.

This will, of course, require more investigation but poltergeists are nasty things and so I'm a bit concerned.....

#4 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 13 July 2003 - 03:30 AM

Maharet,

Skeptic or not I am very glad that you are open minded enough to accept that at least it is a possibility.  I never believed in the paranormal until I rented a haunted house back about 1992.  Then I became a believer due to the things I saw and heard!  That kind of sounds like the road that you are on right now.  From what you wrote there are probably two explanations that I can think of....either you are experiencing the paranormal or you are going crazy!  I am opting for paranormal and by the way a poltergeist (if that's what it is) are not necessarily "nasty".  It could just be obnoxious! ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 13 July 2003 - 06:13 PM

Hi Maharet,

If it is a spirit and not a mundane cause, the tie could be to the land, not necessarily to the house.  Try a tape recorder to see if anything responds to your questions.  Are you absolutely sure nobody in the house (human) is trying to play games with you?
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#6 maharet

maharet

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 08:03 AM

I'm positive nobody in the house is trying to play games with me. I haven't told anyone what I suspect nor do we discuss the paranormal. I did that, of course, in case someone thought they might play a joke on me.

I did do some checking into the land and the houses here are a recent development since the 70s. No one has died in any of these houses, in fact, they have moved away instead which includes the elderly couples. Before the houses were developed, the land was a wooded area.

I'm looking into the geology of the area. The other alternate explanation I can think of is a tribe of Native Americans that were massacred hundreds of years before European settlers came here by another tribe of Indians.

#7 Bangin

Bangin

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 08:18 AM

ghosthunter_girl, that's great that it didn't seem to frighten you, whatever "it" was.  Do some research & keep us posted on any further activity.  Take care.
First voice: "Where is he...around here?"Second voice: "He's dead."First voice: "Ah, he could be anywhere then."

#8 Tangnefedd

Tangnefedd

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Digital art, poetry and writing

Posted 14 July 2003 - 12:04 PM

It sounds like the stuff that goes on in our house a lot. The temperature in the lounge once went down to 15C on a summer's day!
www.y-mynach.co.uk

#9 ghosthunter_girl

ghosthunter_girl

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 01:14 PM

More encounters from my boyfriend's bedroom...HAHA..

I keep seeing white flashes of light out of the corner of my eye when I'm in his room. He doesn't have windows in his room, so I know it's not car head lights or anything...it's very strange. But I see these things and when I experienced the cold chill and a presence...I wasn't scared at all. So it just makes me wonder if my mind is playing tricks on me... I hope not!
"The head are the invisible ones, but not the absent ones." -Victor Hugo

#10 maharet

maharet

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 08:35 PM

After looking into the geology of the area, today, I found out that the region I live in sits on a bigger fault line than the San Andreas out in California (no, the Eastern seaboard won't be falling into the Atlantic anytime soon). There are never any real quakes, just small shift from time-to-time that produce creaking sounds in houses.

Those features do no account for the sounds I've heard in the house nor the moved objects.

On to the Native Americans....

#11 maharet

maharet

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 07:31 PM

Okay, after doing some careful research I'm 90% on our little house problem being a poltergeist.

The situation fits the classic pattern of poltergeist infestations. The violent death of the Native American tribe is  a vague possibility but mitigating factors lead me to believe it is a poltergeist infestation.

#12 Pandora801

Pandora801

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 06:00 PM

I've had experiences like the ones you encountered ghosthunter girl and also in my boyfriend's bedroom. he had also had some experiences and he's never done drugs while he's been with me so i know that's not it he used to hear like a wolf at his door but they have little tiny dogs. and when i was there i was always freezing and got the chills every 5 seconds. His room was also the coldest in the house.

#13 hoppip

hoppip

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 06:09 PM

When I had my first experience of a ghost touching me.  I was cold the rest of the night and couldnt get warm.  Even when I stood next to a wood stove. ::)

#14 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 07:00 PM

That is a wild feeling there melody, been there on that one for sure. It is a cold that digs deep within and cant seem to be warmed no matter what you do.
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users