are hauntings real ?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Casper2004

Casper2004

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:Exersicing, Learning More About The Paranormal , My Scorpions And Tarantula's, black widows ,TV, Movies, Internet, Travel....EXTRATERRESTRIAL

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:32 PM

i have a strong belief in ghosts and the paranormal, but dont u all think that if there were really ghost that there would be alot more hauntings and more things happening, cuase a ton of people die everyday in the world, and wouldnt there be more ghost ?? and i think when ghost hunters do there investigations that the ghost would be more willing to communicate ; ) thats all i have to say for now......also my dad said he doesnt have much longer to live so i told him if he becomes a ghost to make himself known to me so i know there is an afterlife....

#2 separanormal

separanormal

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:11 AM

Hi Casper sorry to hear about your father. In answer to your question about hauntings I do believe they are very real, and as I tell people, think of ghost hunting as spending the night looking for shooting stars. Everyone can agree that those are real but sometimes you dont always see one. Its the same way with the paranormal. Sometimes you dont always see what youre looking for the first time. Sometimes gosts CANT communicate because they are what we refer to as residual hauntings. Think of a tape being played over and over
over
www.separanormal.com

#3 Casper2004

Casper2004

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:Exersicing, Learning More About The Paranormal , My Scorpions And Tarantula's, black widows ,TV, Movies, Internet, Travel....EXTRATERRESTRIAL

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:26 PM

Thanks for the response : ) i like the shooting star theoryPosted Image

#4 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:35 PM

Certainly there are some that may represent some form of activity which may resemble what might be considered a haunt. But from my investigations the vast majority of reports are misrepresentations of common occurrences people believe are hauntings because of the predisposition toward that explanation. This is based on the popularity today of the subject, not any real substantiated evidence.

#5 canuck

canuck

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:28 PM

The biggest problem with regard to “hauntings” and associated phenomena is the fact that we don’t know much about them. We do have a large body of randomly gathered anecdotal evidence which has been accumulated over the centuries, but we have no means of systematically collecting and analysing such data.

This means that all we know is that something very peculiar is going on.

It is a common perception that “ghosts” are found in dark damp places, at midnight. But is that true? What proportion of ghosts appear under such circumstances? How many ghosts appear at noon in busy restaurants?

We don’t know.

Besides which, if someone were to see a ghost under those circumstances, who would they tell?

It may be that people all over the world are seeing millions of ghosts every day; how would we know?

Until such time as we establish a system whereby we, as a society, can quantify and characterise these phenomena, we are all groping in the dark.

#6 PoisonMookie

PoisonMookie

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:31 PM

Well you have to take into account that there's probably something that is common in true hauntings that causes them that we don't know about or understand yet.
Plus as others have said there's a misconception of people going looking for spirits at night in the dark, and that's what most people think of so people probably wont notice stuff when it's not in the situation that they would assume hauntings would happen, or people are more likely to disregard it as nothing. The same as people are more likely to believe something with a logical cause is a haunting when in a dark creepy place.

As for the part of ghosts would be more likely to want to communicate, there are residual hauntings but as for intellegent hauntings, just because they're there doesn't meant they want to communicate. It's just like how some people prefer to be alone and don't want to be bothered by people during their acutal lifetime.

#7 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:07 AM

Since I do believe that our spirit is immortal, who says that a spirit wants to hang around and chat? Once free of the human body, endless possibilities exist for that spirit. I'm sure hanging around us has got to be pretty boring!

Now residual "hauntings" are different.
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users